Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting main site down? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting main site down?

Comments

• PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited July 2014

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Goodhosting? More like Idontgiveashitbecauseitsanationalholidayhosting! Amirite? Up-top muthafuckas!

Thanked by 2iKeyZ doughmanes
  • namhuynamhuy Member

GoodHosting said: What surprises me the most is that other Canadians aren't backing me up on this, think of Canada Day as our equivellent to the "Fourth of July"... you can see how it's important to some of us.

No offense, do you mean Canada Days & Fourth of July, every host "can" go offline for the holiday?

• edited July 2014

namhuy said: go offline

No one went offline... The control panel and the services of all clients were online. So stop whining every time. Everything has been explained, god damn.

DNS can fail and when you have no backup DNS server things like that happen and now? You learn from mistakes... Hell even Cloudflare with their tons of servers goes down due to problems like the last issue with AMS and bandwidth mess up.

This forum is a god damn ****. Drama, trash, and always whining. I wish it would be like the old good LET.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

NekoShiinachan said:I wish it would be like the old good LET.

Says the member registered since May this year.

Thanked by 3Pwner netomx Mark_R

• That's how it's done m8!

• GoodHosting said: What I am blaming cPanel for however, is the "hiding" excuse as mentioned above, and that by default cPanel does place both DNS servers on the same server.

Blaming cPanel for your mistakes is ridiculous. Just man up, take responsibility and move on

• Nekki said: Says the member registered since May this year.

I had a account long ago before CC took over and it got hacked.

Was wiped on the hack, uncool but I didn't care since this turned into shit.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

NekoShiinachan said: Was wiped on the hack, uncool but I didn't care since this turned into shit.

Then do yourself a favour mate, find somewhere else to waste your spare time. Life's too short to be posting stuff on a website you don't like. It's never going to go back to the way it was.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Dear me.

Honestly the DDOS excuse would have been better, the slow response due to public holiday would have also been fine but 5 days?

Thanked by 2mpkossen Dylan
  • zedzed Member

NekoShiinachan said: DNS can fail and when you have no backup DNS server things like that happen and now? You learn from mistakes... Hell even Cloudflare with their tons of servers goes down due to problems like the last issue with AMS and bandwidth mess up.

diverse dns servers is literally hosting101 and your outrage won't stop anyone's mild amusement at rookie mistakes from people selling "enterprise" tier services.

• @zed said:
    diverse dns servers is literally hosting101 and your outrage won't stop anyone's mild amusement at rookie mistakes from people selling "enterprise" tier services.

Tell that to Cloudflare -lol

• zedzed Member

amusement at them is legit too ;)

• souensouen Member

Comment as a casual observer: if the provider doesn't want to give a backup contact access to admin accounts, the support staff should be instructed to issue an announcement and ETA when something happens, so the clients know someone is there and aware of the problem. Basic contingency planning. It seems like for 5 days no one knew what was happening, whereas an email from support to clients could get the word out? When there is lack of communication, some people will assume the worst scenario (cue speculation), not necessarily because they don't have faith in that particular provider, but because the industry changes relatively quickly and deadpools are a common sight. Provider reputation also takes time to build.

On the bright side, at least there are people who care enough about the provider to worry when he disappears for a holiday ... even if such care can take a more rowdy, dramatic form. He is not forgotten. :)

• @souen said:

I agree with all of your comment, except the fact that no actual services were down; so the speculation was completely unnecessary. The panels were up, all services were up, all host nodes were up, all dedicated clients were up, all NoVNC and VPN proxies were up.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

GoodHosting said: until a member of my staff said the website was down.

if my staff member miss for 5 days non working DNS servers, don't scan daily forums that we are present on, or somehow miss thread related to my company, first thing will be to fire him, possibly beat him up a little bit also because this is disrespect to the business that pays you money, disrespect to your clients and disrespect to this industry. But this is just me...

• CoreyCorey Member

drserver said: or somehow miss thread related to my company, first thing will be to fire him, possibly beat him up a little bit also because this is disrespect to the business that pays you money

So if I worked for you and I missed a thread related to your company I would get beat up and fired? Jeez.

• Beating is illegal

Thanked by 2drserver 0xdragon

Corey said: So if I worked for you and I missed a thread related to your company I would get beat up and fired? Jeez.

If you are paid to watch forums and you miss thread, you will be warned, If you miss thread which is stopping whole operation (like website down, dns not working and everybody asks where are you) i would assume that this is disrespect to me and to the rest of the guys who do their job like they should.

Beatings was figure of speech to add more drama.

Thanked by 1netomx

ftpit said: Beating is illegal

Thanked by 3support123 JahAGR Pwner
  • souensouen Member
    edited July 2014

@GoodHosting said:

I agree there was some overreaction given nodes were fine, just that 5 days' downtime on the front line can make customers nervous. The website represents the company so it's not a positive sign when it goes down, as people expect the same level of monitoring/attention for their purchased services. Good to hear of measures in place to prevent it from happening again.

• PwnerPwner Member

@drserver said:

I love this guy. He tells it like it is.

Thanked by 2drserver netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

souen said: can make customers nervous.

And they should be. Notice how many people remember to take backups when things like these happen? Heck, it is worth to simulate it from time to time to remember people to take backups. No data is secure in only one place, no matter the provider, raid/san setup, the backups they take, etc.
    As a side note:
    Uncle goes in vacation soon, he might have a heart attack due to the sun on the beach, people take backups NOW!

Thanked by 3rds100 souen Mark_R
  • @Maounique said:
    Uncle goes in vacation soon, he might have a heart attack due to the sun on the beach, people take backups NOW!

Now thats something that can make you nervous!

• ftpit said: Beating is illegal

"Technical taps"

• BoxodeBoxode Member

doughmanes said: Me Chinese, me play joke, me put PPP in your Coke.

I find this very, very offensive.

• Boxode said: I find this very, very offensive.

Don't you Chinese fellas have a version of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

doughmanes said: Don't you Chinese

I'm not Chinese.

• Why is this thread still alive?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

nexmark said: Why is this thread still alive?

Because you bumped it?

This discussion has been closed.