Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting main site down? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting main site down?

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

I called this deadpool a month ago, yet was called a scammer & banned :(

Ohwell!

• nexmark said: Opened another company in the past, looks by it doesn't exist anymore

Nope, facepalm.

GoodHosting bought HardCloud and got HardCloud's FreeVPS account. He asked the staff to be renamed to GoodHosting and it was done.

Get your things straight and btw: Source --> me because I renamed him personally and he excused himself for the mistakes done by the former owner of HardCloud.

• A user on freevps.us made a workaround to access the bhs1 CP: http://freevps.us/thread-14042.html

• @viCommunications said:
    I called this deadpool a month ago, yet was called a scammer & banned :(

Ohwell!

Didn't you work for this guy?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

hostnoob said: Didn't you work for this guy?

I'm still maintaing my allogations that Michael James Long owns both LowEND.co & GoodHosing.co - we'll give our friend GoodHosting a few more days before we push the DEADPOOLZORZ button.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • viCommunications said: I'm still maintaing my allogations that Michael James Long owns both LowEND.co & GoodHosing.co - we'll give our friend GoodHosting a few more days before we push the DEADPOOLZORZ button.

Even I too have proof that Michael was owner of both those company! ( I had a very big skype conversation with him where he clearly mentioned that! )

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @serverboss said:
    Even I too have proof that Michael was owner of both those company! ( I had a very big skype conversation with him where he clearly mentioned that! )

Not everything he says is true.

I am starting to think though, that there may never have been a HardCloud purchase and it was just a rebrand attempt to shake the dodgy image.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

mpkossen said: I am starting to think though, that there may never have been a HardCloud purchase and it was just a rebrand attempt to shake the dodgy image.

Possibly. Perhaps Jaroslav has taken over as Director of Operations as well.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    I am starting to think though, that there may never have been a HardCloud purchase and it was just a rebrand attempt to shake the dodgy image.

Just a thought, but should members be allowed to resell the wares of banned providers?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

Nekki said: Just a thought, but should members be allowed to resell the wares of banned providers?

LETs core is fueled by drama. I don't think LET should moderate such things because it's the clients responsibiliy to research a hosting provider prior to utilizing them - that and I don't think the extra work on the staff team is needed.

A host that "screws up" or has a bad reputation already gets bashed enough, points at GVH.

If someone found a link between a upstream that had a bad reputation, and eh, they're known for that over at vpsBoard, god help the said host.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@viCommunications said:
    LETs core is fueled by drama. I don't think LET should moderate such things because it's the clients responsibiliy to research a hosting provider prior to utilizing them - that and I don't think the extra work on the staff team is needed.

I disagree, I've always been of the opinion that the staff should work to keep highly undesirable types away. Otherwise, why bother with restrictions that are in place over how soon someone should post?

Thanked by 2Dylan darkshire
  • Can someone remind me who HardCloud was? Was it the guy who couldn't explain what a cloud was and tried to argue why he wouldn't need SSL on WHMCS or was that someone else?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Nekki said: why bother with restrictions that are in place over how soon someone should post?

Banning doesn't work and if it does, its only a small percentage of people that it works on. Users will come back with multiple accounts, again & again & again, causing further load on the staff team - and even more problems.

In saying that, there are a few "undesirable" charecters here but banning them wont help the community.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@viCommunications said:
    Banning doesn't work and if it does, its only a small percentage of people that it works on. Users will come back with multiple accounts, again & again & again, causing further load on the staff team - and even more problems.

And not having been on the staff at any point, you know this how?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Nekki said: And not having been on the staff at any point, you know this how?

I run a number of communities to know well enough that banning is not a strategic move against exiling unwanted members of any community.

Thanked by 1c0y
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited July 2014

I've also personally run several gaming communities and forums and have found that if you ban a user, they will be more and more determined to break back in through several other IPs, usually leading to more DDoS attacks and malicious activities.

However, in cases like this, I believe that banning will save a lot of trouble later on for customers. If we filter out unstable and flaky providers, we can protect the community from falling into these traps. Yes, I understand that people believe the customer should "do their homework and research the company first" but at the same time we could also be held responsible for "promoting their services" on LET through their postings. The least we should do is add into the Terms of Service that LET is not responsible for the transactions of services between the users on here.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@viCommunications said:
    I run a number of communities to know well enough that banning is not a strategic move against exiling unwanted members of any community.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Banning forum troublemakers and banning providers are two different things.

Thanked by 3Dylan Cpt_Ben c0y
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@viCommunications said:

How would you handle the situation then. It is easy saying something won't work. Suggest a solution.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • The question is: why would he deadpool. Wasn't he doing okay after the drama?

• CoreyCorey Member

@Pwner said:
    I'm gonna miss him screaming on his soapbox about how .CO domains are just as professional and reputable as .COM ones. :\

In his defense I'm sure there are just as many people that deadpooled with .com domains :)

Thanked by 3netomx Maounique Inglar
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Can someone remind me who HardCloud was? Was it the guy who couldn't explain what a cloud was and tried to argue why he wouldn't need SSL on WHMCS or was that someone else?

I don't think so, Goodhosting seemed quite knowledgeable.

• @hostnoob said:
    I don't think so, Goodhosting seemed quite knowledgeable.

Please read the thread where I tried to walk him through setting up bridges on OVH infrastructure... I practically gave him the answer and he didn't find it. Maybe he was having an off day but that is troublesome to say the least.

• @MCHPhil said:
    Please read the thread where I tried to walk him through setting up bridges on OVH infrastructure... I practically gave him the answer and he didn't find it. Maybe he was having an off day but that is troublesome to say the least.

Link link link? :o

• colmcolm Member

Seems he was also involved with Garnet Networks which dead-pooled: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1312037

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@colm said:
    Seems he was also involved with Garnet Networks which dead-pooled: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1312037

Garnet Networks was Michael Long's company prior to LowEND.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

And so, the story for the battle of azeorth continues...

• @Nekki said:
    Just a thought, but should members be allowed to resell the wares of banned providers?

If we have actually banned the provider, then yes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

mpkossen said: If we have actually banned the provider, then yes.

Are you sure you meant yes?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Are you sure you meant yes?

No, sorry. I misread. If we have banned a provider, members should not be allowed to resell from that provider.

This discussion has been closed.