Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting main site down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting main site down?

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@viCommunications said:
    This is exactly the same thing. A portion of GoodHosting.co shit itself & another portion is online.

I thought everything was up, aside from the website, it's just the op's VPS is broken and he can't raise a ticket.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

goes down just as @viCommunications comes back, interesting.....

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: goes down just as @viCommunications comes back, interesting.....

It's only interesting if his ban was rescinded sometime before he began posting again. Otherwise you can put it down to co-inky-dink that his 1 month ban expired now.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    It's only interesting if his ban was rescinded sometime before he began posting again. Otherwise you can put it down to co-inky-dink that his 1 month ban expired now.

I thought it was a lifetime ban not a month :\

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    I thought it was a lifetime ban not a month :\

Maarten is a forgiving man, far moreso than I.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, I have a motto: forgive but dont forget.

Thanked by 3netomx Brad GoodHosting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Maounique said: Well, I have a motto: forgive but dont forget.

My motto is ban and forget. I definitely did that to a couple of people.

@Nekki said:
    My motto is ban and forget. I definitely did that to a couple of people.

I can see why @mpkossen kept his banhammer under lock and key. You are a dangerous man, tough on crime :P

Thanked by 2FrankZ netomx
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    goes down just as viCommunications comes back, interesting.....

@viCommunications informed me on Skype about this thread; I didn't even know about it until that moment. I had already promised him I'd unban him eventually and I was in a forgiving mood, so I unbanned him after this thread was created. So, as far as I am concerned there's no link between the two.

• wychwych Member

@mpkossen If your in a forgiving mood can I have my sig back?

"Pretty please?"

• NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: @mpkossen If your in a forgiving mood can I have my sig back?

Don't you have to film yourself performing that rap before you can have it back?

• @mpkossen said:
    viCommunications informed me on Skype about this thread; I didn't even know about it until that moment. I had already promised him I'd unban him eventually and I was in a forgiving mood, so I unbanned him after this thread was created. So, as far as I am concerned there's no link between the two.

So he told you there was a thread about Goodhosting on LET and asked if he could be unbanned so he could post in it?

• Do I smell a deadpooled provider?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

IceCream said: Do I smell a deadpooled provider?

No, that's just the usual LET smell.

• Last seen on Skype: 28 Jun 2014 19:47:15 (GMT+3)

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

maybe something happened to the guy... but what is strange is that panel is down.
    i had idea that he is doing well... he was really fighting to get back on forum after ban. remember those lawsuits and so on... so simply that he disappeared away with money does not fit in the story.

• he was very active till 28 june.Something may have happened to him

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:

I didn't last time.

edited July 2014

I said for maybe a year now 2014 will mark a turn in the industry. LE hosts going down is not the main issue, though, the fact big budget providers are having issues, is. This market is a niche, but the internet services as a whole are under many pressures, starting with the crackdown on privacy and enforced "cooperation" from governments and ending with the explosion of the mobile market which will involve a big shift in the back-end too, even though, not so dramatic. I see the internet of tomorrow growing de-centralized, more a P2P model, meshes everywhere, battles between governments and anonymous geeks, not the DDoS kind, but the Truecrypt kind, and 2014 is only the start of the adventure.
    Brace yourselves, the future is coming :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

doughmanes said: What if he was an albino ginger

Whoa. Mind blown. Would an albino ginger be black?

• can anyone suggest some other site which allows to create template of Windows OS?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Sherlock said: can anyone suggest some other site which allows to create template of Windows OS?

Sir, this isn't applicable to this thread.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • lazytlazyt Member

Mao been reading the cyberpunk books? The writers have been foreseeing that for a decade at least.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hmmm...

$ nslookup
    > server 8.8.8.8
    Default server: 8.8.8.8
    Address: 8.8.8.8#53
    > goodhosting.co
    Server:         8.8.8.8
    Address:        8.8.8.8#53

** server can't find goodhosting.co: NXDOMAIN
    > server 4.2.2.1
    Default server: 4.2.2.1
    Address: 4.2.2.1#53
    > goodhosting.co
    ;; connection timed out; trying next origin
    Server:         4.2.2.1
    Address:        4.2.2.1#53

** server can't find goodhosting.co: NXDOMAIN
    > 

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Surprised no one pointed out the fact that the domain has whois privacy. If any one has a vps with them, now might be a good time to take a backup of your vps while you still can.

• PwnerPwner Member

I'm gonna miss him screaming on his soapbox about how .CO domains are just as professional and reputable as .COM ones. :\

• Only his webserver is down. OpenNebula is still reachable via the XML-RPC API.

lazyt said: Mao been reading the cyberpunk books?

Haha, well, kinda writing something similar. Less geeky, more general :)

• edited July 2014

@lazyt

lazyt said: Mao

Why are you calling him a demon king?

• Looks like deadpool

Opened another company in the past, looks by it doesn't exist anymore

2 Deadpools in one!

Thanked by 1darkshire
This discussion has been closed.