Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Downtime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Downtime

fkjfkj Member

Looking for BlueVM staff.

Node s19-ny has been down for over 10h and the ticket system (also irc) seems unresponsive, I can't receive update from it.

Please fix it. Thanks.

Comments

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited June 2014

since when did LET become BlueVM's Support Desk?

sigh!

• @ironhide said:
    when did LET turns out to be BlueVM's Support Desk?

sigh!

LET is not BlueVM's helpdesk, it is ALL of the host's helpdesk ;)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @ironhide I think when people started waiting over 7 days for tickets.

• Welcome to the LowEndHelpdesk, my name is Joodle how may i help you today?

Thanked by 3netomx Scion support123
  • ironhideironhide Member
    edited June 2014

Looks like LET should open a WebHook which other hosts can incorporate with their ticketing system. So that whenever someone opens a support ticket or replies to a ticket, it also posts in LET

Will be interesting actually :P

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • darinfdarinf Member

BlueVM is horribly unreliable. S6-CA has been down for at least 18 hours. I submitted a ticket right when I found out the server was down. I got a response 17 hours after I submitted my ticket.

The response was not helpful. Justin said: "The node is down, it is actively being worked on. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Gee, thanks for the informative response.

Good thing I moved everything to another VPS. BlueVM is worthless. S6-CA has been down or barely running for a long time. I could no longer rely on the BlueVM server at all.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

We're working on resolving the continued intermittent problems with certain nodes after they unexpectedly didn't like the kernel upgrade.

We appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime. We are working on it now.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    ironhide I think when people started waiting over 7 days for tickets.

I can assure you no one has waited anywhere near 7 days for a ticket reply, please don't create unnecessary drama.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2014

But But people here like drama on LEB as you can see, otherwise it would be not LEB.

• BlueVM said: I can assure you no one has waited anywhere near 7 days for a ticket reply, please don't create unnecessary drama.

Maybe the seven was in another thread but people have been waiting a while, you haven't exactly been vocal.

I wasn't really causing drama either. Maybe you want to respond to the people in this thread rather than berate me.

• fkjfkj Member
    edited June 2014

@BlueVM said:
    We're working on resolving the continued intermittent problems with certain nodes after they unexpectedly didn't like the kernel upgrade.

We appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime. We are working on it now.

Do you have any update on this? It's still down.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • fkjfkj Member

@matthewvz said:

Absolutely without photoshop!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@fkj said:
    Absolutely without photoshop!

It can be done without photoshop, not only with another image editor, but with manipulating the page source.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Maounique said: manipulating the page source.

Exactly. Right click --> inspect element.

• ATHKATHK Member

@matthewvz said:
    Exactly. Right click --> inspect element.

Example :P

This is why ticket screenshots can be easily faked.

• fkjfkj Member

Back to the point, @bluevm it has been down for over a day, please feed us some updates on the failure.

• MunMun Member

@FKJ

Honestly, Fuck off. This is not a helpdesk. They have (official) ways of contacting them below:

IRC = https://bluevm.com/chat.php
    Helpdesk = https://www.bluevm.com/submitticket.php
    Not to mention, email and many other ways of contacting them.

This method of "harassment for results" will not get your ticket resolved any quicker. Downtime is something that happens, it matters on how you deal with it. The way you currently are dealing with it is honestly very poor.

LET != Helpdesk.

/rant

You should be using their ticket system is what I am trying to convey, instead of LET.

Mun

Mun said: "harassment for results" will not get your ticket resolved any quicker

It depends. For example I have no hope for my KVM in LA. It is on a heavily oversold node with balooned memory and 30% steal CPU which crashes every day a few times with kernel issues. I will try now to install windows as every other abuser there, see if that will manage to at least remain online.
    I treat this as experiments, I do not expect much for the price I paid, therefore I am not complaining neither here nor in tickets, but sharing what I am doing in order to get an use for it. Any use will be worth the money and I am getting also a feeling about how KVM can behave in cases like these. So it is a guinea pig.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • zedzed Member

Mun said: This method of "harassment for results" will not get your ticket resolved any quicker. Downtime is something that happens, it matters on how you deal with it. The way you currently are dealing with it is honestly very poor.

I've no idea if it'll get his problems fixed any faster, but I'm one guy that appreciates seeing these kinds of threads.

The constant whimpering about how these issues should be kept super secret is way more annoying, imo.

Thanks.

Thanked by 3Bella Mark_R switsys
  • MunMun Member

Im not seeing them kept as "secret", but this is not a helpdesk. If you want to write a review on your bad experience be my guest.

Mun

• @BlueVM said:
    I can assure you no one has waited anywhere near 7 days for a ticket reply, please don't create unnecessary drama.

Not 7 days but I waited 4 days, need proof bluevm?
    I got all the screensot

• ATHKATHK Member

@harry77 said:

You know.. they also have the whole conversation on THEIR HelpDesk..

Your threats are god damn pathetic...

• @ATHK said:

I know they have whole conversation, for me it's pathetic to diminish 7 days or 5 or 4, I litterally give'em for gift more than 50 dollars and they diminish their responsability.
    @athk you are pathetic when defend this kinda people.

• wychwych Member

Go home harry, your drunk!

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited July 2014

harry77 said: I know they have whole conversation, for me it's pathetic to diminish 7 days or 5 or 4, I litterally give'em for gift more than 50 dollars and they diminish their responsability.

Your post made no sense to me.

If you don't like how you've been treated leave..

@athk you are pathetic when defend this kinda people.

Defending who now? You're taking it so seriously and treating everyone as an enemy..

@0xdragon thanks! Quoting from a mobile sucks!

• @ATHK said:

Wrong quote is wrong.

• darinfdarinf Member

Of course this is not a helpdesk. But I want to post somewhere public so people can search and find out about how bad BlueVM is so people can avoid them. I think reporting issues in a public place it the best way to help people. I wish I could have read about all their problems before I signed up for BlueVM.

Their IRC chat is NOT for tech support, so you can't contact them through chat else you will get banned.

You just have to wait for tickets to be answered. Which is normally OK if the tickets were answered in a timely fashion. Or if the ticket responses were actually helpful.

Here's an example:
    My node went down on 6/28 and submitted a ticket. 48 hours later, I got a reply saying my node was working. It wasn't even running and I could not start it in Feathur.

I submitted another ticket and waited 10 more hours. I just got a response saying, this time, my node is fixed. Of course, it's not even running and I can't start it.

How could the tech tell me my node was working when it's not even running and it can;t be started?

Now I submitted another ticket and will probably wait another 10 hours for a message that my server is fixed when it's not even running...