Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get IPs with own whois
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get IPs with own whois

HerrMaulwurfHerrMaulwurf Member
edited June 2012 in General

Hi folks,

I am looking for a IP net with 256 IPs and own who is details and net name. The IPs should be European from RIPE.

Can I get the IPs directly from RIPE or must I contact a provider/LIR? Are the costs one time fees or recurring?

Comments

• Either, you could go direct. but best getting them from a ISP. such as OVH.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • Do you know how high are the average monthly fees for such a quite tiny net?

I have a valid justification for the IPs.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2012

You can:

Get them as PA from an ISP - They will however in 99% of the cases only allow you to use them with them, not another ISP.

Get them from RIPE or LIR - These are YOURS then, this however needs a company and is rather expensive and not possible anymore in a few months.

Costs vary but are usualy between 300-1000EUR Setup and 100-500EUR yearly.

Also note that both the LIR and RIPE are obliged to EXTENSIVE address checks (up to sending letters with verification codes) and data verification - Explaining why you need PI to RIPE is also almost impossible now.

Do you know how high are the average monthly fees for such a quite tiny net?

Usualy if rented 50cent - 1EUR per IP per Month.
    This also not a "tiny" net - Tiny would be /29 or /28, a /24 is VERY large in todays time.

I have a valid justification for the IPs.

Define.. valid?
    Even VPS/Dedicated servers are not accepted by RIPE anymore unless you already use much IPs and can prove that.

• IP exhaustion seems heavier than I expected.

So in case I need them for vps, I have to start with e.g. 24 IPs and then request more IP addresseson demand?

Do you.provide IP nets at EDIS?

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @HerrMaulwurf said: So in case I need them for vps, I have to start with e.g. 24 IPs and then request more IP addresseson demand?

Yes, basically.

@HerrMaulwurf said: Do you.provide IP nets at EDIS?

Yes, however only for routing in our own DC - not foreign.

• So the IPs are only usable in your DC in Austria and not at the other locations? Costs per IP when I buy 24 IPs?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@HerrMaulwurf said: Costs per IP when I buy 24 IPs?

You can't buy 24 IPs, it has to be 2^x. So you would want a /27 with 32 IPs (30 useable)

• @HerrMaulwurf said: So the IPs are only usable in your DC in Austria and not at the other locations? Costs per IP when I buy 24 IPs?

Yes, correct.
    25EUR Setup and 1EUR per IP per Month

• 20% VAT