Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr LA outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr LA outage

2 of my sites in LA timeout and packet loss, you get the same thing with me?

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

Not working for me either.

Thanked by 1ramonwap
  • working fine now :)

• Keep us updated with outage.Their might me some good reason behind outage might be DDOS attacks.

• J1021J1021 Member

Just realised I left an instance running for a few days whilst away. waves good bye to my credit balance

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited June 2014

Good to see it is fixed :)

• vpsHuntervpsHunter Member
    edited June 2014

My vps instances in LA also affected and rebooted multiple times.

Searched their web site but;

1. Couldn't find any SLA.
    2. No "server status" page.

On the other hand Digital ocean provides 99.99% uptime (If missed adding SLA credits too) and Server status page with details.

I have vps with both providers.

• kaflokaflo Member
    edited June 2014

Yep. Vultr ( @DaveA ) has no server status page, doesn't notify you of downtime, doesn't seem to proactively fix down VPS, you have to file a support ticket for them to fix them if your own reboot doesn't fix it.

Also, the price of the lowest plan (768mb) is 0.007 per hour and yet they charge you .01 even if you've just used it for a couple of minutes. Why not just put 0.01 for the lowest instance.

Now if there's any consolation, they have 12 locations, and have really capable hardware. Have the highest unixbench scores and even performs well in https://www.blitz.io/ and http://loader.io/ tests.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Vultr is also much newer and are still adjusting so there is hope.

• DH22DH22 Member

I stopped using Vultr LA long ago due to similar problems.

• Down yesterday due to hardware problem. Dont really know how long did it last for I found out before I went to bed and it was up when I woke up....

At least, @DaveA send us a notification next time about the issue....