Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BurstNET Update: Termination of Services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BurstNET Update: Termination of Services

Dear BurstNET client,

It is with great regret that we inform you that all of your services with BurstNET will be terminating on your next billing cycle/renewal/current expiration of purchased services but in all cases no later than July 25th, 2014.

If you are a CO-Location client you can disregard this message. Your services will persist.

You will have until July 24th to migrate your services to other providers. On July 25th all services will be terminated.

We apologize for any inconveniences and wish you and your businesses great success.

Sincerely,

BurstNET

https://support.burst.net/index.php?/News/NewsItem/View/63/burstnet-update-termination-of-services

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

wat

• Wow! They've really gone down hill, since they've gone down to that new DC. Made redundant all there staff? Jesus.

• waaaa

• sheesh

• Never used them but they were very old and once used to be very popular on WHT.

• Wow can't believe such a huge company would go down under just like this, I thought they were recently bought by someone else?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited June 2014

@zhuanyi said:
    Wow can't believe such a huge company would go down under just like this, I thought they were recently bought by someone else?

DigiPlus, it is a investment company, so they'll try and squeeze as much profit out of the company then sell it on.

However, this is slightly odd turn of events.

• zhuanyi said: I thought they were recently bought by someone else?

DigiPlus.

• @zhuanyi said:
    Wow can't believe such a huge company would go down under just like this, I thought they were recently bought by someone else?

I think people are forgetting about "DigiPlus" think about it..

1. They owe a lot of debt, if they close the company they would be clean.
    2. Re-open under the new brand DigiPlus

Business as usual.

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • yokem55yokem55 Member
    edited June 2014

I left them back in March and as last week I was still getting emails offering deals to come back.

Crazy.

• @yokem55 said:
    I left them back in March and as last week I was still getting emails come back.

Crazy.

Are you glad you didn't go back to them? They're really in the pan now.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2014

I called this 3 years ago!, it was pretty obvious.

BurstNET thought being cheap was all that mattered, they took pride in forcing the fact that things are cheap so dont expect support down clients throughts, they bragged about customer numbers when they got compared to lowendbox style hosts.

All the while they forgot that these 'lowendbox style hosts' they were so quick to put down were providing just as many services between them with better performance, more locations and better support.

They refused to adapt to a changing market and they failed, it is essentially a small version of the blackberry story.

Thanked by 3epaslv VPN Whoa
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Ironic how the burst.net representative was always giving @VolumeDrive hell. Karma Bitch

• Sorry to hear about this, I guess a lot of burst clients will suffer, migrating can be a hassle.

• rds100rds100 Member

I don't think there are that many clients left after the last fiasco.

• They burst.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

It's a competition between burst and gvh to be the most talked about Host in a negative role. Give one of them an Oscar or both!

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • epaslvepaslv Member

Had several servers with burst them during 2011-2012.

Probably rate them as the worst performing provider ever.

• Damn. i have 3 Dedicated Servers. they r offline now. anyone known how to access them?

• wow, even the SSL cert for the site the OP linked expired a month ago.

• No one sane would colo at burst or keep their equipment there

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@INIZ said:
    No one sane would colo at burst or keep their equipment there

Especially after the fiasco ("move") thread on WHT. I used them for VPS about 3 years ago; dumped them really quickly because they sucked. Then had to deal with their sales spam until I blocked them.

• dnwkdnwk Member

I think they were OK before VD drama. But after that, plummeted

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

There must be some serious financial pain over there.

• @jbiloh said:
    There must be some serious financial pain over there.

Just some? Lots I'd imagine. Server leasing company taking what's owed think that's most of the problem.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

MSPNick said: Just some? Lots I'd imagine. Server leasing company taking what's owed think that's most of the problem.

Seems logical. I don't expect Burst will still be in business come the end of the year.

• @jbiloh said:
    Seems logical. I don't expect Burst will still be in business come the end of the year.

I agree when they did the truck move from there last data centre. Well it was highly stupid for one thing. That was when shit hit the fan.

• Hello,

I'm pretty confuse with this statement "BurstNET will be terminating on your next billing cycle/renewal/current expiration of purchased services but in all cases no later than July 25th, 2014."

What if I have yearly package with them and still until next year. Will it also gonna be terminated too?

Thanks...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

I dont think they are for a couple of months or more, eversince the changes at the top it became obvious the company is bankrupt and lived it's life. The VD move was a symptom, they knew from inside what is going on and burst taking their db and emailing customers and all, meant the level of desperation over there reached critical long ago.

• @MSPNick - I dont think this is the case. We had a lot of BurstNet colo customers move to our Charlotte and Atlanta datacentres and the guys who collected the kit from BurstNet's Charlotte facility got chatty with the BurstNet people. They said that the new company had acquired the customers and the assets from BurstNet; and that the equipment that had been moved was owned outright by BurstNet. The equipment that they did not own was repo'ed back in PA.

From what I heard this evening the new company is dumping the VPS customers because the revenue vs headache was too low. More profit to rent colo and dedicated servers. The new company is said to be well capitalised and has not inherited the debts of the old company so if they can deal with the backlash then they'll survive.