Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB impression counts are seriously down.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB impression counts are seriously down.

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi Folks,

Just going through my BSA account as I do every now and then to look for new places to advertise when I noticed that LEB is now the worst performing of all my adverts, and also the most expensive.

I looked a bit further in to this and noted the impressions compared to last year, the results were pretty shocking so I did the last 5 months over a 3 year period.

Since 2012 prices are up 400% and impressions down a whooping 50% on avg and on a downward slope month on month.

Anyone got adverts on LET want to check the same thing, I suspect that LEB is becoming a redundant part of LET now rather than the other way around.

Interesting.

Comments

• Due to literally copy pasting by zillions of sites, it is obvious LEB is losing some of the traffic

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014

LEB used to have "news" that people read. Community projects, deadpools, "fuck you yes I can run websites on 64 MB of ram", etc. Now it's all offers (new ones every 2-3 days), tutorials, and very recently, a deadpool post. It feels like it has lost the low end spirit (pun semi-intended). Personally for me, I read LET more than LEB now.

Thanked by 2marrco Asim
  • Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited June 2014

Wow, would like to hear some more from other LEB/LET advertisers.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@black said:
    LEB used to have "news" that people read. Community projects, deadpools, "fuck you yes I can run websites on 64 MB of ram", etc. Now it's all offers (new ones every 2-3 days), tutorials, and very recently, a deadpool post. It feels like it has lost the low end spirit (pun semi-intended). Personally for me, I read LET more than LEB now.

yeah and the debian 5 tutorial is not helping.

@ftpit said:
    Due to literally copy pasting by zillions of sites, it is obvious LEB is losing some of the traffic

They were still present in 2012 and that still does not justify the 400% price increase for 50% less traffic.

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

People got bored of LEB? Traffic could have dropped due to less search exposure etc.

How many people went to the place we do not name?

• @wych said:
    People got bored of LET? Traffic could have dropped due to less search exposure etc.

How many people went to the place we do not name?

The stats are for LEB not LET.

• Copy cats has increased in the recent times
    Google drops the ranks if you have too many copy pasted contents elsewhere even after you are the original blog creators.I have read about it on seo blogs.I don't think anyone from LEB sending any notice to such blogs to stop

Price hike is not justified though

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    The stats are for LEB not LET.

Point +1.

I personally stopped checking LEB as much after most offers got repetitive and started featuring the same companies again and again.

Thanked by 2netomx c0y
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    They were still present in 2012 and that still does not justify the 400% price increase for 50% less traffic.

you did not complain

• I like LEB & LET both i think low traffic is becuase most people now visit LET instead of LEB.But still LEB is good their are very good offers you can find on LEB which are not here on LET.

@enitan092 said:
    you did not complain

What?

• @AnthonySmith not to mention Debian 6 boots off a 64mb kvm ISO and installs fine.

@instatech said:
    I like LEB & LET both i think low traffic is becuase most people now visit LET instead of LEB.But still LEB is good their are very good offers you can find on LEB which are not here on LET.

Would love to see that in the form of stats from BSA.

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    AnthonySmith not to mention Debian 6 boots off a 64mb kvm ISO and installs fine.

Yup, but CentOS won't due to Anaconda's bloatware RAMdisk taking 256MB+. You can "cheat" it with a few boot options, but yeah...

@GoodHosting said:
    Yup, but CentOS won't due to Anaconda's bloatware RAMdisk taking 256MB+. You can "cheat" it with a few boot options, but yeah...

And you are both completely missing the point, I was taking about the fact that a debian 5 guide is still the top how to article on LEB, they had time to cluster the whole thing but cant change a link?

• rds100rds100 Member

Maybe more and more people are blocking the banners?

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @GoodHosting 100% correct, that's when people want kvm templates, despite the possible risk the template has been tampered with and or insecure.

@rds100 said:
    Maybe more and more people are blocking the banners?

good point, quite possible.

• enitan092 said: @AnthonySmith said: They were still present in 2012 and that still does not justify the 400% price increase for 50% less traffic.

Providers advertising on LEB did not complain or make mention of it so why would any site owner want to drop the price for placing ads.

i guess now with this topic the administrators will look into increasing traffic or reducing price.

edited June 2014

@enitan092 said:

Complaints were made when the prices went up I assure you. but it is only now I notice the 50% traffic drop.

• wychwych Member

@enitan092 said:

Buy 10,000 VPS for jingling! Jk.

• rds100rds100 Member

They need to adjust the price only if some banner spots are left empty, as a result of declined demand. If the demand is high enough and the slots are filled - it makes no sense to adjust the price.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Complaints were made when the prices went up I assure you. but it is only now I notice the 50% traffic drop.

only if providers come up with evidence like yours

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith didn't see that, yes, it was written in 2009 but my memory tells me it was reposted since (on LEB). Eh prolly just my memory. Im sorry :)

• Leb ads space remains full every day. So it demand and supply equation in free market

• @wych said:
    Buy 10,000 VPS for jingling! Jk.

may i ask where SIR.....

• We sell.do you want ?

• @ftpit said:
    We sell.do you want ?

let me see what i can use 10,00 vps for first then maybe in 2029

i will let you know if i want

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

instatech said: most people now visit LET instead of LEB.

Indeed, I just have LEB in my RSS, no new articles, only maybe once in a couple of weeks there's some meh offer about 1GB OpenVZ for $7 in the US.

Whereas on LET there's something interesting every day, so it's worth checking much more frequently.

If you want more visibility, then advertise on LET, not LEB.