Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which registrars offer free whois privacy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

which registrars offer free whois privacy

extremezextremez Member
edited June 2014 in Help

help me list registrars that offer free whois privacy.
this is as i know:

internetbs
namesilo
namecheap

Comments

• Dreamhost

Name.com (code: privacyplease)

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited June 2014

Namesilo is what I use, idk of others.

• The registrar in my sig also provides free private registration with all orders.

• awsonawson Member

For what TLD(s)?

• @awson said:
    For what TLD(s)?

.com, .net, .org

• DylanDylan Member

Hover (part of Tucows), Name.com if you use the PRIVACYPLEASE coupon

• NavynNavyn Member

We pnshostings.com also providing free privacy on new domain registration.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited June 2014

namesilo

name.com coupon : privacyplease

namecheap.com 1st year free with reg / transfer

• namhuynamhuy Member

Navyn said: We pnshostings.com also providing free privacy on new domain registration.

are you a registrar ? the question is "which registrars offer free whois privacy"

• tehdantehdan Member

domainmonster

• FoulFoul Member

1&1

• ScionScion Member

Resellerclub includes free whois privacy. Any reseller that uses them has the capability to offer it although I'm sure not all do.

• BradBrad Member

NameSilo and Namecheap (for the 1st year) are what I use.

• nerouxneroux Member

@extremez said:
    .com, .net, .org

In this case I'd go for Namesilo.

• GiulioGiulio Member
    edited June 2014

ovh.com for common domain (net org info com ecc.), gandi.net offer fore more domain but in some cases your name and surname will be visible anyway.

• namesilo with privacy free of charge for life. Flat rate without hiden fee. I used code HAVE1USDOFF to get 1 dollar off my first bill.

• With all due respect to Google, I will pass. I just don't need them any further in my business or data. Based on their typical modus operandi, they will likely:

1) Start it for free

2) Run with it for 2 or 3 years

3) Drop it

To have them now controlling my domains too .... nah, lol, kidding but you get my meaning.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited June 2014

@geekalot said:
    To have them now controlling my domains too .... nah, lol, kidding but you get my meaning.

Yeah I feel the same way, after google reader and then google apps standard.. I don't like relying on them for much. Hense the reason I know run my own email (and other reasons)

I did request an invite just to try it out, if I get one I'm not moving my main names over.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@CFarence said:
    I did request an invite just to try it out, if I get one I'm not moving my main names over.

Yup, wise move.

Reminds me: I really really really need to figure out a self-hosted Google Voice replacement (Asterisk alone won't cover it). I am getting more and more uneasy about using them for anything; this being the #1 Google service I want to stop using. (Tested their analytics but then deployed Piwik so my web data was never directly in their hands. Never used their email).

Otherwise AdSense and Webmaster Tools, without Analytics, are the only other necessary evil, which gives them a lot of your web data anyway :-(

• Google Voice, one of the best Google services ever. I hope it stays, but it shows signs of being dumped by Google.

• Whois.com offers free protection for the life of your domain.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@eddynetweb said:
    Google Voice, one of the best Google services ever. I hope it stays, but it shows signs of being dumped by Google.

EXACTLY!!

Why couldn't they just leave GrandCentral alone? lol

Now (building a self-hosted Google Voice replacement) is something I would be very willing to collaborate on; because (for me) that is a real need and not just a fun project. Especially since Sipgate (US) and Gizmo Project and FreeWorldDialup all bit the dust. :-(

Anyway, apologies to the OP, don't want to derail this thread.

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

geekalot said: 1) Start it for free

2) Run with it for 2 or 3 years
    3) Drop it

In this case the service isn't even free, and is about 30% more expensive than existing competitors ($12 for .com while internet.bs and NameSilo provide it for $9). So there isn't even any incentive to try it. And like others said, for some people Google has their calendar, their contacts, all their E-mail and maybe even their documents. Now it will also have their domains. Basically their whole life. People should think about reducing their dependency on Google services, not sign up for more.

• Gandi.net offers free whois privacy for life.

eddynetweb said: Google Voice, one of the best Google services ever. I hope it stays, but it shows signs of being dumped by Google.

I hope so too. That is one of the last Google services that I use (other than Google search). If they did drop GVoice what would Google do with the millions of phone numbers?

geekalot said: Now (building a self-hosted Google Voice replacement) is something I would be very willing to collaborate on

There is a huge need for one. I would definitely contribute, I just don't know where to start.

• Recently, I've been moving stuff to NameSilo and if I recall they have free Whois privacy.

• +1 for Name.com (Default)

• serverbossserverboss Member
    edited June 2014

Try them! you will love them! iXo Network

• tommytommy Member

resell.biz :)

Thanked by 1serverboss
  • namesilo