Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

edited June 2012 in General

Friend mail me VPS6 web down. I check and down here. But down in Europe and USA?

Comments

• Down for me in USA.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

Texas here, down as well. Vps that I had paid up for a while is still up. DDOS maybe.

• No DDOS, can ping server. Webserver stop

• Down in California. VPS in Chicago still up, though.

• ruh-oh

• beardbeard Member

Looks like public facing IPs are taking a beating.

Their server they use for emails is down but old VPS servers I had with them are responsive to ping.

• Our webserver is on the receiving end of a sizable DDoS attack, which has affected a few other services hosted alongside it. Client services are not affected. We're doing what we can to get things sorted out ASAP.

Thanked by 2jar beard

Someone really doesn't like you guys. What is that 3 times in the last month someone's ran a DDOS on it? Kids these days.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vps6net said: Our webserver is on the receiving end of a sizable DDoS attack, which has affected a few other services hosted alongside it. Client services are not affected. We're doing what we can to get things sorted out ASAP.

Is it all SYN by chance?

Francisco

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited June 2012

The attack has abated, at least for the moment. The main website and client portal should be fully accessible. Apologies to anyone who was trying to get support requests in during the attack.

@Franciso Yes, 100% SYN -- look familiar to you?

edited June 2012

@vps6net said: @Franciso Yes, 100% SYN -- look familiar to you?

I won't name names unless they give the go ahead but a VPS company on here that uses our filtered IP's got a ~120,000 pps SYN flood (around 90Mbit/sec solid of pure SYN) earlier today. It was large enough that we've said screw it are upgrading to a much larger SYN protection plan.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

It's sad people abuse the openness of the internet, on top of potentially costing companies revenue in loss sales, downtime etc... it's also giving a lot of fuel for governments to remove that freedom. Script kiddies who flood think that having the ability gives them power, but they're mistaken.

Thanked by 1beard

@taipres said: It's sad people abuse the openness of the internet, on top of potentially costing companies revenue in loss sales, downtime etc... it's also giving a lot of fuel for governments to remove that freedom. Script kiddies who flood think that having the ability gives them power, but they're mistaken.

Yup.

The FBI doesn't have enough man power/fucks to give to chase down booters and such.

It means the people that can provide filtering will make bank. My hope is that the big filtering companies auto send abuse emails to hosts of obvious compromised boxes. I know the setup ev1servers had back in the day did that :)

Francisco

• johnjohn Member
    edited June 2012

@Francisco I won't name names unless they give the go ahead but a VPS company on here that uses our filtered IP's got a ~120,000 pps SYN flood (around 90Mbit/sec solid of pure SYN) earlier today.

Was it GetKVM.net? Did they get hacked?
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/05c73v3b4

That's what their homepage currently is.

Edit: nvm. Their website is getkvm.com

• Some sad pony lover trying to hijack our traffic is all :)

• SpiritSpirit Member

@GetKVM-Ash said: Some sad pony lover trying to hijack our traffic is all :)

I never meet SAD pony lover :( All of them seems happy. Have you contancted him/her?

• beardbeard Member

@taipres said: Script kiddies who flood think that having the ability gives them power, but they're mistaken.

Or a company owner who fling packets your way, using another company's service, because they think it's funny and they cannot comprehend why it was wrong.

• @liam said: why do you use a pobox now?

Why not?
    It is more effective and ensures no one comes to visit you, many large companies do that as well.

• And it's not a POBox, it's an actual street address :P

• edited June 2012

14 hours down

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: a VPS company on here that uses our filtered IP's

Oh I thought that anti-DDOS was only for the VPSes you sell...didn't know you were offering it as a general anti-DDOS service.

• shunnyshunny Member

@concernednetizen chill, they may still be getting DDOSd. At least the VPS is still fine.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 I think he meant someone had their billing panel/site hosted with them on filtered IP's, since they offered to protect others panels earlier.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Interesting, anyone else suffering from DDoS in the last time?
    We have it weekly on our main site (mostly SYN/UDP/HTTP flood) and sometimes the hosting system.

• flyfly Member

vps6.net still loading super slowly eh?

• LESLES Member

Still not loading for me.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

who can DDoS this long?

Site was up shortly after Jeremy posted. Ran fine for a while, I logged in a few times last night toying around with one of the 128's I had paid for 6 months. This DDOS trend is going to fuel heavy legislation or incredible innovation. Let's hope for the second. It's become far too easy and far too common.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.