Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to Urpad?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to Urpad?

They are down for more than 15 hours and still continuing.
Did someone manage to know what is happening ?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

How long has your ticket been open?

• they are up now.

• qtriangleqtriangle Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith
    was not able to open ticket, but my vps is down for more than 15 hours.

@MorningIris only their website is up, but my VPS is still down.
    From WHMCS management page I get "invalid IP address".

• Yup, all screwed up big time.

• pylodepylode Member
    edited June 2014

I emailed them about 4 hours ago and received this reply:

"
    Daniel,

Unfortunately we are experiencing technical difficulties. We are working hard to get everything back online as soon as possible. We do not currently have an ETA. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

"

Has anyone else received this? (if you emailed them,submitted a ticket)?
    Looks like a copy & paste to me.

• @smooch1502 said:

Has anyone else received this? (if you emailed them,submitted a ticket)?

Yes, I got a similar answer.

• laaevlaaev Member

Interestingly enough, it appears that URPad has gone back to the old website design. Less than a few days ago when I checked, it was a completely new website design, and now it's back to the old one.

Now: http://urpad.net/

A few days ago:

I wonder if this is related to the outage (i.e. had to restore from an old backup)? Does anyone have more information about the reason and cause for the outage?

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited June 2014

@smooch1502 said:
    I emailed them about 4 hours ago and received this reply:

Unfortunately we are experiencing technical difficulties. We are working hard to get everything back online as soon as possible. We do not currently have an ETA. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Vague explanations like this usually translate into "we didn't pay the bill".

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Microlinux said: Vague explanations like this usually translate into "we didn't pay the bill".

LOL...yeah...

"Technical difficulties" is what you say to grandmothers. If your users are savvy enough to have root on their VPSes, you need to be a bit more specific.

• lenlolenlo Member

From the stats, it looks like my VPS on node LABL07 went offline at exactly 01:00 UTC. That does not look like a random occurrence. That one is still offline too and no attempt to boot it has had any effect. Fortunately, my other two VPSes in a different data center have been unaffected by all this.

• laaevlaaev Member

They are back to the new website design now.

• epaslvepaslv Member

Just got this reply

This message concerns your ticket #AFM-515-12816. We have not heard back from you in 12 hours and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply respond to this email.

Ticket ID: AFM-515-12816
    Subject: VPS Down
    Department: General Support
    Type: Issue
    Priority: High

• Crab people

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited June 2014

Their WHMCS data is back to June 8th, after that, they don't have anything.

• ATHKATHK Member

Email from them.

Dear Daniel,

You most likely are already aware of the current issues with URPad.net and its services. If you aren't then congratulations on avoiding service disruption.

We have, unfortunately, been targeted with an attack. Specifically a vulnerability with IPMI on our LA systems, as a result of this vulnerability 8 systems were wiped which caused our website to go down as well as many VPS'. Rest assured that no data has been stolen. 

We were aware of the vulnerability and we took recommended action to temporarily block it until there was an update for the firmware. However this wasn't enough and a person was able to get into the IPMI access panel and reset our systems. We managed to catch it while it was happening and completely locked all our systems to prevent any further damage.

Backups of your VPS' are being loaded as we type so your data is not lost forever. But due to the extent of the damages it has resulted in multiple days of restoring. At this current point in time, we are restoring "LAB4". Once it is fully restored we will be moving onto the next system and so on. 

Time frames are difficult at this point because the damages are so severe, we have to restore multiple hundred VPS'. An estimate for every single system to be restored is going to be 2-3 days. We should be able to give a closer estimate on your service uptime if you contact support.

For those affected by this we will provide compensation in the form of 2 extra weeks on your service. Please contact support to arrange this.

Kind Regards,
    URPad Team

• My urpad VPS is up and running for 14 days. Am I the lucky one?

• My cancelled vps is running again...

• WorldWorld Veteran

@ValdikSS said:
    My urpad VPS is up and running for 14 days. Am I the lucky one?

My VPS is running for 101 days haha.

• sandrosandro Member

My VPS is down, it's in Florida. Their site is down as well.

• sandrosandro Member

All fixed, I don't know why it showed no ram usage and I had to reboot without doing anything...