Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

flash not working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

flash not working

support123support123 Member
edited June 2014 in General

After the recent kernel upgrade, flash not working in debian.Youtube is not working.
anybody facing the same ?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

LowEndTechSupport

• Use the HTML5 player?

• Are you sure it's not working due to a kernel (and not a browser) upgrade? It's hard to guess the problem given the info you provided (since I don't really use Debian), but let me guess from my side... You use Chromium and your version is now 35.x?

• @shovenose said:
    LowEndTechSupport

I am asking if anybody facing the same, not any solution

• @ftpit said:
    I am asking if anybody facing the same, not any solution

so you want to have friends that face the same problem but dont wanna any solution. reminds me of Lenka - trouble is a friend.

Thanked by 1support123
  • edited June 2014

ftpit I hope you are aware that Flash for Linux is extremely outdated and not being supported anymore.

• NekoShiinachan said: ftpit I hope you are aware that Flash for Linux is extremely outdated and not being supported anymore.

Oh wow. I knew the actual player was gone past support but I was going to say that they're still bundling a newer version with Chromium - that's gone too now.

I would suggest any ActionScript 3 fans to have a look at Haxe.

• I believe it is firefox.It is of customer who complaining he getting the issue after recent openvz kernel upgrades,so checking if anybody facing it

lelewku said: so you want to have friends that face the same problem but dont wanna any solution. reminds me of Lenka - trouble is a friend.

• petrispetris Member

You still use Flash?

gasp

• petris said: You still use Flash?

It is of customer

• rds100rds100 Member

petris said: You still use Flash?

I am still using flash. My son is still using flash too. What's the problem with that?

Thanked by 1support123
  • nerouxneroux Member

petris said: You still use Flash?

And why not? What about all the sites with Flash videos? What about Youtube videos without a HTML5 counterpart? What about the missing click-to-play support?

Flash's importance might have decreased but it is still useful.

• petrispetris Member

@ftpit said:
    It is of customer

@rds100 said:
    I am still using flash. My son is still using flash too. What's the problem with that?

@neroux said:
    And why not? What about all the sites with Flash videos? What about Youtube videos without a HTML5 counterpart? What about the missing click-to-play support?

>

Flash's importance might have decreased but it is still useful.

I understand, however it's not used that much anymore. I have it installed though only because Chrome bundles it. When using the internet from my phone, though, I haven't run into the situation in the last year or so where I needed to whip out my laptop to watch something because it was using Flash.

• How on earth can flash be related to kernel?

• nerouxneroux Member

petris said: I understand, however it's not used that much anymore. I have it installed though only because Chrome bundles it. When using the internet from my phone, though, I haven't run into the situation in the last year or so where I needed to whip out my laptop to watch something because it was using Flash.

At least for videos it is still widely used. Personally I usually also do not have to switch to a full-sized machine when browsing on a mobile device (or for that matter on a device without Flash support) but this is rather due to the generally limited browsing experience there.

Flash greatly improved the browsing experience as its platform offered a set of features and functionalities which were unknown to any browser at that time. These days a lot if it can be already achieved via native browser elements, but its still too early to simply dismiss it entirely.

• ftpit managed or unmanaged service?

I don't remember; since when do have providers to help out with dumb remote desktops and not working flash plugins for Linux?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@shovenose said:
    LowEndTechSupport

LowEndDick

Thanked by 1support123
  • unmanaged

• edited June 2014

ftpit said: unmanaged

It's totally not your job to help your client with his Flash issues on his remote desktop...

Not even on managed support because god damn it is a VPS and not remote desktop...

Thanked by 1support123