Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate Hostings calling it quits
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ultimate Hostings calling it quits

joereidjoereid Member
edited June 2014 in General

I got this email around 3am this morning:

Dear Joe Reid,

Kindly be advised that we have decide to terminate all the VPS nodes as we will no longer provide any VPS services. It is advisable that you backup all the data on your servers to ensure that there is no data loss.

All the nodes are scheduled to be terminated on 30th June 2014. Any client who have made annual payments are subjected to receive a pro-rated refund. If you have made a annual payment, please open a ticket with our sales department requesting a pro-rated refund. All the refunds will only be made via PayPal, there are no exceptions for this.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us opening a ticket though the members area.

Another one bites the dust. I'm bummed, I have an awesome (cheap) yearly KVM with them that has been really stable and performed great.

Comments

• BradBrad Member

They're making room for the summer hosts, of course!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2014

I had a KVM annual with them too. I was very happy until now :(

EDIT: Hijack removed

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Is this the guy who refused my offer to buy his business a few months ago? Lol.

• DavidxDavidx Member

@shovenose said:
    Is this the guy who refused my offer to buy his business a few months ago? Lol.

Wouldn't really sell anything to you either xD that'd be worse than closing.

Kinda saw it coming. Unrealistic deals.

• @David_P said:
    Kinda saw it coming. Unrealistic deals.

This is why we're pricing to stay in the market, not to shut down a couple months down the line..

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Damn, hosts are dropping like flies now.

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited June 2014

@MSPNick said:

Who the heck are you?

Thanked by 3Gunter Pwner W3Host
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The guy with the picture the breaks thee advertising rules, but since he posts it in request threads, I guess it is ok.

Thanked by 1Davidx
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2014

Just a quick follow up, as I received my pro-rated refund today.
    Ultimate Hosting may have dead pooled, but they did give me a weeks notice, checked to make sure I had all my files before shutting down, and gave me a refund for time unused. So I guess you could say they dead pooled with more class then most ...

Edit:spelling

• I guess, a week is better than nothing, but the correct/professional scenario would have given at least 2-3 weeks notice.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Why not just sell the business and get something out of it?

• That reminds me, I need to follow up on that refund...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2014

@jcaleb - I had a KVM with 4GB RAM, 150GB HD, 4 IPv4, and 2TB BW, in Dallas, that was very good, for $80 a year. Think anybody would want to buy a bunch of that?
    If so I'm available....

• My account was terminated as the others, but I didn't receive any notice.
    I opened a ticket last week and they replied promising a partial refund (40 usd), but a week later I'm still waiting for my money.

• To all the fellow LET members and previous customers, we aren't dead pooled we just stopped providing VPS due to some personal reasons as we decided that we'll be offering dedicated servers, when we do everyone would surely know about the same.

If anyone hasn't received their refund, I would advise to send a PM and we'll issue it.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @David_P said:
    Who the heck are you?

He's the guy that spams hosting companies via support ticket.

• @W3Host said:

Lol! he really is all about marketing xD

Thanked by 1W3Host