Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any tutorial on how to backup my VPS to HubiC ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any tutorial on how to backup my VPS to HubiC ?

HybridHybrid Member

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a tutorial out there that provides a step by step on how to backup my server to hubiC.

Thanks

Comments

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited June 2014

Hubic use openstack I think so. But check this :

https://forums.hubic.com/showthread.php?272-hubiC-for-Linux-beta-3-is-out-!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

Hubic uses their own authentication on top of OpenStack, so regular OpenStack tools need to be modified/proxied. There's one such tool, HubicFuse, which is a modified CloudFuse, it does work fine and lets you just mount the storage as a filesystem (into a folder) in GNU/Linux:
    https://forums.hubic.com/showthread.php?1988-Mounting-hubic-on-GNU-Linux-with-hubicfuse
    From there you can just use any howto or software written for backing up to a separate filesystem or disk.

• bobbybobby Member
    edited June 2014

HubicFuse works fine, but if you're gonna backup (and restore) large amounts of data, I'd look elsewhere.

It's capped @ 10mbps (I'm able to push it to 2x that using several threads).

Good for small data/files, but not full vps backups etc.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

You can always experiment or just keep using the free account with 25 GB.
    For me that'd be enough to backup 5-10 VPSes (OS only).
    And properly set up backups should be incremental anyways, with no need for large transfers each time.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

There is a debian package (in beta) available.