Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google apps says "This domain is already in use"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google apps says "This domain is already in use"

I signed up today for google apps account and provided my domain. But message came out that "This domain is already in use".

What does this means?

Is there any Google Apps account (free or paid) exists?

If so how to get that account?

PS: There is also option to fill out form to get account with that domain.

Comments

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

the former holder of this domain have once registered the Google Apps, you can use the function of Forgot Password :D

• SpiritSpirit Member

Not necessary. It could be secondary, added domain to some account. In this case account ownership restoration process may not work. As you signed up for professional (or trial) account your best bet is to contact support through this account.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited June 2014

Just out of curiosity, would you perhaps tell us the domain. It may be one that was sold on here as a Google Apps domain.

Or PM it to Spirit and I'm sure he'll happily check for you :)

• VPN said: Just out of curiosity, would you perhaps tell us the domain. It may be one that was sold on here as a Google Apps domain.

I'm sure the reason isnt probably as mysterious as that.

As Spirit suggested, OP probably has another Gapps domain and added this domain as a secondary domain of that one. He needs to remove the domain from the parent domain and add it as a new domain.

• VPN said: Just out of curiosity, would you perhaps tell us the domain. It may be one that was sold on here as a Google Apps domain.

Or PM it to Spirit and I'm sure he'll happily check for you :)

Most people sell there domains with Gapps, even when they get a expired domain registered. How do they come to know whether their domain has Gapps account. How they get that account?

• TheKiller said: Most people sell there domains with Gapps, even when they get a expired domain registered. How do they come to know whether their domain has Gapps account. How they get that account?

That used to be a thing of the past. Google implemented a requirement of confirmation of the account for all Gapps accounts few months ago. So expired domains would have lost their Gapps too.

• @joelgm said:
    That used to be a thing of the past. Google implemented a requirement of confirmation of the account for all Gapps accounts few months ago. So expired domains would have lost their Gapps too.

False, the domains with GApp originally bundled will stay even if the domain itself is expired and available to be registered again.

• zhuanyi said: False, the domains with GApp originally bundled will stay even if the domain itself is expired and available to be registered again.

So whats the way to get that account back? I only have the domain

• There are ways to recover the admin account of Google apps account, but it requires some hacks. If you pm me your domain I could be able to check the status for you

• @zhuanyi said:
    False, the domains with GApp originally bundled will stay even if the domain itself is expired and available to be registered again.

He meant that Google would send you a confirmation e-mail after certain period of inactivity, asking you to login if you want to keep the GApps account. If a domain is expired then no one will receive the e-mail and leads to automated account closure.

• DalComp said: He meant that Google would send you a confirmation e-mail after certain period of inactivity, asking you to login if you want to keep the GApps account. If a domain is expired then no one will receive the e-mail and leads to automated account closure.

Ah, yes, that one :)

• zhuanyi said: Ah, yes, that one :)

Yup.

• @TheKiller said:
    So whats the way to get that account back? I only have the domain

Take a look at https://support.google.com/a/answer/80610?hl=en

Some 6 years ago I had this problem with one of my domains, and had it solved after a few iterations with [email protected], when they finally verified the ownership of the domain manually and fixed the issue for me. Not sure this is still the right email, though.

• qrwteyrutiyoup said: a few iterations with [email protected], when they finally verified the ownership of the domain manually and fixed the issue for me.

I'd hazard a guess and say that Google no longer offers personalized support for free services. 6 yrs ago, Google was a sapling. Now, it's the Methuselah among them.

• joelgm said: I'd hazard a guess and say that Google no longer offers personalized support for free services. 6 yrs ago, Google was a sapling. Now, it's the Methuselah among them.

+1.