Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

internetbs.net and others
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

internetbs.net and others

lifehomelifehome Member
edited June 2014 in General

Tough like internetbs.net and other site provides cheap and cheaper domain, I can't really feel safe with'em as most of them, the website are just like comic sans and geocities.

For me the reason of sticking with namecheap is the good fame from story of @n, and the cheap ssl certificate along with new domain registration.

So any idea on some registar that is "safe" and maybe cheap?

LOG FOR FURTHER UPDATE: http://lifeho.me/ahnames_and_namesilo

UPDATE(June21 GMT+8):
I am now going for ahnames for a test, and with NameSilo for another test.
See if the domain service fits my case.

Comments

• nerouxneroux Member

My usual recommendation here is Namesilo

• I'm moving everything to NameSilo as well. (Register at godaddy with the crazy low coupons, then transfer them out before they charge their ridiculous renewal fees)

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • neroux said: My usual recommendation here is Namesilo

+1

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Try browsing the forum a bit before creating new useless threads.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/29463/internet-bs-alternatives

• edited June 2014

I don't understand why don't you continue with internet.bs ?

• @rm_ Indeed I read and read again, and offshore registries are quite decent, but only that level, not really "that" trustworthy.

@BeneluxServers @neroux The feeling of internet.bs and Namesilo gives me like a old-fashioned scam-like domain registry, kinda not reliable(I know I am judging a book by its cover). Plus the Paypal thing on internet.bs... It kinda stucked me while paying for it.

• nerouxneroux Member

lifehome said: The feeling of internet.bs and Namesilo gives me like a old-fashioned scam-like domain registry, kinda not reliable(I know I am judging a book by its cover). Plus the Paypal thing on internet.bs...

I am really not sure what you mean. Also what does the Paypal thing have to do with namesilo?

• If you want a cheap, private and secure registry I recommend NameSilo like others have mentioned.

NameCheap was a favorite of mine for years and even though I'm migrating all my domains to NameSilo I still think they are a fantastic registry.

• Over the past 2 years I`ve slowly been moving my Domains Over to Internet.bs I LOVE the simple interface! Takes me 2 seconds to change a nameserver as well other companies have their bulky Web GUI which sucks! And Internet.BS is pretty quick as well

• BradBrad Member

@hyelton said:
    Over the past 2 years I`ve slowly been moving my Domains Over to Internet.bs I LOVE the simple interface! Takes me 2 seconds to change a nameserver as well other companies have their bulky Web GUI which sucks! And Internet.BS is pretty quick as well

I think NameCheap's interface is also easy to use.

• I might go for NameSilo with my new site to test the water there.

• KeithKeith Member

Email recieved from InternetBS - UK vat from 24th June.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

@lifehome said:
    I might go for NameSilo with my new site to test the water there.

A good idea. What thing that impressed me about them particularly is their support. They reply promptly and with competent answers - something rare in this business to be honest. I'd say give it a shot and drop them an email to have a first hand impression.

And for something of a slightly more spammy nature, if you use the coupon MEERKATS you get $1 off of the first registration.

• Namecheap all the way

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Internet.bs now charges extra 20% VAT from June 24th, time to move on.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

@tr1cky said:
    Internet.bs now charges extra 20% VAT from June 24th, time to move on.

already did...

• iceTwyiceTwy Member

Is there any alternative to internet.bs for .re (and .org) domains? I'd be glad to know.

• n1kkon1kko Member

Does namesilo offer .co.uk and .co.uk transfer can't seem to see it on the site

• nerouxneroux Member

@n1kko said:
    Does namesilo offer .co.uk and .co.uk transfer can't seem to see it on the site

They dont handle any .uk domain so far.

• n1kkon1kko Member

What's another option for uk domains

• @n1kko said:
    What's another option for uk domains

I know some may disagree with me but OVH are a nice option, especially since you'll probably reach the same people if you call your regional office.

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited July 2014

Update: Gone with the Namesilo days with two domains, and everything seems fine.

Tough a bit disappointed on the response time of support,
    Namesilo is still on my recommendation list.

• ixonetwork.com

• nerouxneroux Member

lifehome said: Tough a bit disappointed on the response time of support

How come?

• AvatecerAvatecer Member
    edited July 2014

I moved all of my domain to namecheap as long as the expire date almost end. I found that namecheap has been so reliable for me and the service also great. Never have any bad problem tho.
    About namesilo, it's reputable also, so it comes to you to decide.

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited July 2014

@Avatecer said:
    I moved all of my domain to namecheap as long as the expire date almost end. I found that namecheap has been so reliable for me and the service also great. Never have any bad problem tho.
    About namesilo, it's reputable also, so it comes to you to decide.

NC(NameCheap) indeed is providing a great service, but still it's bit pricy for me. As NameSilo could do $8.xx for .com and NC just go for $10.69. (Both without discount)

@neroux said:
    How come?

Might be the problem of timezone(I'm in Hong Kong GMT+8), actually I would prefer at lease faster email response time, moreover that NameSilo does NOT have a ticket system, it bugs me alot to keep track on the conversation between me and them.