Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

digicube lowers price on atom
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

digicube lowers price on atom

AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
edited June 2014 in General

http://digicube.fr/rapidserveurs
5 €
duel core atom
1Gb ram
250Gb hdd
Unmetered 100mbit

From memory no paypal there though

On my phone so short and sweet

Thanked by 1lipanbaraku

Comments

• berkayberkay Member

On monthly, it's 6,24 € and sadly I don't understand a word of French.

• WhoaWhoa Member

Atom 230 & D410 are both single core processors.
    Hyperthreading though, so probably that's what they mean by "2x1.6Ghz".

• Sorry about that but hey at least it is better then the via nanos at online... processing wise

• earlearl Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    Sorry about that but hey at least it is better then the via nanos at online... processing wise

Not really, the atom 230 has a CPU mark of 294 while the nano U2250 is at 377..

• Surely the addition of hyperthreading on the atom can push it over the line there. Its still a good deal in my eyes none the less...

• sc754sc754 Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    Surely the addition of hyperthreading on the atom can push it over the line there. Its still a good deal in my eyes none the less...

It's pretty much a comparison of 1 slow cpu against another, there won't be much in it. Both will be slow

• earlearl Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    Surely the addition of hyperthreading on the atom can push it over the line there. Its still a good deal in my eyes none the less...

294 is with HT, Single Thread Rating for the atom is 242.

Still a decent deal, but the issue with Digicube is you need to send them snail mail to terminate your services.. not sure if they changed this or not.

• MuZoMuZo Member

It's 5€/month if paying yearly, otherwise 6,24€/month.

Paypal accepted

Le paiement mensuel s'effectue uniquement par prélèvement automatique, sur compte bancaire, postal ou carte de crédit, ou par Paypal.

If you want to stop the contract you will have to send them a physical letter 40 days in advance

Le Client peut résilier le contrat à tout moment après la durée initiale avec un préavis de quarante jours en utilisant la lettre type disponible dans sa console de gestion. Elle doit être envoyée par lettre recommandée avec accusé de réception à l'adresse suivante:

Digicube sas

Service résiliation

BP 47261

35 771 Vern sur Seiche CEDEX

France

source: http://www.digicube.fr/cgv-digicube.pdf

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Physical letter and 40 days advanced notification both are ridiculous IMHO :-s

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

earl said: issue with Digicube is you need to send them snail mail to terminate your services

If you consider ordering one maybe you could contact support and ask them whether this is really (still) the case.
    One example, Ablenet.jp per their rules accepts cancellations only via snail mail or via fax (of all things). But when it came to cancelling mine, I wrote asking for that, and they replied with those two options, and added "or you can just fill out this text-based form and send it to us by E-Mail".

• earlearl Member
    edited June 2014

@rm_ said:
    One example, Ablenet.jp per their rules accepts cancellations only via snail mail or via fax (of all things). But when it came to cancelling mine, I wrote asking for that, and they replied with those two options, and added "or you can just fill out this text-based form and send it to us by E-Mail".

Eh.. I'll just stick with OVH ;) Digicube has some tempting offers but I've already got my fill of servers anyways..

• the website aint even loading for me.

• akzakz Member
    edited June 2014

ewww 40 days advanced notice via snail mail on a yearly renewal all the way in France.. err no thx.

cant tell which is worse digicube's cancellation policy or kimsufi's validation process lol

• xyzxyz Member

How would they enforce the cancellation policy? Like, if you simply stopped paying for the server...

I suppose if you have multiple servers, it could be an issue, but if you just have one, you could probably just let it lapse.

The 1Gbps plans look interesting. Anyone knows what their network is like?

• You want a Atom, we have several of them but a little bit more expensive: D510, 2GB RAM, IPMI, SSD and 2x1 Gbit/s for public and private network. => https://www.dedify.com

• oijpghjighojioijpghjighoji Member
    edited June 2014

Resignation by letter is so shady. In the past I encountered a shady provider like this, they delivered me a server with half the disk space advertised and they would not accept my cancellation and asked me to pay for 9 euro or they would sue me or something like that. I never paid and got a mail saying some french mafia would come and take the money from me. They never came :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

fileMEDIA said: a little bit more expensive

4x is far from a little bit more.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

xyz said: How would they enforce the cancellation policy? Like, if you simply stopped paying for the server...

I suppose if you have multiple servers, it could be an issue, but if you just have one, you could probably just let it lapse.

Sure, but one problem with this, is what if you need their services again, a year later.
    They could try charging you for the old server first, plus whatever crazy penalties and non-payment fees they invent.
    It's better to always try cancelling "peacefully".

• Maounique said: 4x is far from a little bit more.

Add the free IPMI option and dual NIC + 1 GB additional RAM to it and it is cheaper than dedicube and online.net. Online.net charge it for additional 20€.

• @fileMEDIA said:
    Add the free IPMI option and dual NIC + 1 GB additional RAM to it and it is cheaper than dedicube and online.net. Online.net charge it for additional 20€.

What's the point of writing this and yes why are you spamming ?

• ahmiqahmiq Member

this processor is bad compared to n2800 of kimsufi? they have more diskspace too

• xyzxyz Member

@rm_ said:
    It's better to always try cancelling "peacefully".

Of course, but if it's unreasonable, sometimes other methods may be required.
    You've got a fair point though. Oh well, I suppose using a friend/relative to sign up in this rare case you decide to go with them again works =)