Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitcasa - 100GB for $20/yr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitcasa - 100GB for $20/yr

nimdynimdy Member
edited June 2014 in General

Anyone here use Bitcasa? I used it when it first came out and was properly unlimited, but stopped using it after they started charging a hefty amount for it.

Anyway because I'm still on their mailing list I got an email through from them this morning, offering 100GB account for $20 a year. Thought I'd share that with you as it sits in the middle of the free 20GB account and the $10 a month 1TB account.

Have a look out for a similar email. I would post the link, but I don't know if it is specific to me.

Thought people might find this useful for storage and backups.

Comments

• for eu users it's still crap untill they start the new download servers which seems like forever.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Hubic beats them at 1 EUR/mo for 100 GB with no yearly lock-in.
    However the speed is limited to 10 Mbit only.

• rm_ said: However the speed is limited to 10 Mbit only.

if you get lucky. typically around 3-5Mbps which is terrible.

• @nimdy
    does the link have a unique looking string of letters and digits ?
    if not, share the link here.

• nimdynimdy Member
    edited June 2014

@darkshire said:
    nimdy
    does the link have a unique looking string of letters and digits ?
    if not, share the link here.

I think it is a tracking link. But I dont know if it is tracking to see how far their marketing emails reach, or whether the link is related to my account in someway.

Looks like this (i've chopped the end off):

http://links.bitcasa.com/c0103sVX0LNO00...

• hmm well you could log out of the webui, and then try and reopen that link; if it asks you to sign in you know its unique to you

• mtu346mtu346 Member

This offer is for everyone: https://my.bitcasa.com/upgrade?plan=100gb

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • ben78ben78 Member

Could be probably be interesting for offsite backups...

• GiulioGiulio Member

Mega: 50GB 0/year

• ehabehab Member
    edited June 2014

i've completely stopped interest in web-cloud providers and emptied the folders when i got couple of vps and use rsync ...
    Thanks anyways.

• @ehab said:
    i've completely stopped interested in web-cloud providers and deleted all my bks after i get couple of vps.
    Thanks anyways.

cool, thanks for posting your story.

• @ehab said:
    i've completely stopped interested in web-cloud providers and deleted all my bks after i get couple of vps.
    Thanks anyways.

Cool story bro.