Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

considering to outsource support guys?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

considering to outsource support guys?

RandyRandy Member
edited June 2012 in General

if you are going to outsource which country would you go for? india or PH?

now, indians are really good at their stuff, just the "accent" issue

PH, can speak english pretty well. but there might be some typos here and there, same goes to the indians.

before you say " you are cheap, outsource is bad. well. i never say was gonna outsource. and you are actually wrong i have seen company using outsource their support is very hardcore. (but when it comes to L3 they will escalate to the owner or put you on hold. ) the company i am talking about is known quite well. ( i will not say the name of the company)

yesterday, i had to make a call to india to get some support from my customer's VPS and trust me its crazy, i was screaming at them. CHECK MY TICKET ID##!

we are gonna discuss about sales/support phone

and ticket system.

SHARE YOUR VIEWS

Comments

• ZeroZero Member
    edited June 2012

@Randy said: outsource is bad.

:)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Randy said: PH, can speak english pretty well

What kind of outsource are you thinking about? Talk to a company over here or get freelancers for support?

• RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

helpdesk and phone sales

company obviously

• ErkanErkan Member
    edited June 2012

support will be the forefront with customers AND I want good people there

that means people who know what they tell + help solve problems + that needs (f2f) training
    and besides training I want people who really want to grow my business
    (and I ask myself if someone who works just for certain money to just get salary fits that description)

So, to which country then?
    When I get to know the support worker personally + have them done some specific creative tasks, then I can decide.

Until then: make a good FAQ, decision-support-system, ... (not only because you can measure where people go along there + you can indirectly get points to improve that business area of yours)

• NickMNickM Member

As a native English speaker, I prefer tech support that I can easily communicate with. I should only have to read their response once to figure out what they're trying to say. In fact, that's even more important to me than them knowing the answer to every issue right away. The only excuse, in my mind, for not having tech support that's actually fluent in English is if they're not an American/Canadian/UK/Australian company. I try to avoid doing business with American companies that export jobs oversees, even if it means that I have to spend a little bit more money.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Randy said: if you are going to outsource which country would you go for? india or PH?

Why would you limit yourself to any county? You can't put the people from the same county in the same basket, it really depends on the person you can find fluent English speakers everywhere.

Of course, if you're planning on hiding the fact you're outsourcing, that just won't work. Especially if they're doing phone support.

On the other hand, that little bit of money is not really that little.

• I don't really trust outsourcing. Those companies will never really give you the level of support that you get when you deal with an actual representative of the actual company. As the quote goes, "To be successful in your work, you must first love it."

• RandyRandy Member

okay besides india or PH. i am just asking for views thats all

• RandyRandy Member

Mr, Neo why are you doing at LET and not skype :P

Well. that is really hard to say there are good companies that handles support very well.

• True that they handle support well, but then again, the customer experience :)

• RandyRandy Member

well never outsource fully. oustosurce for the hour that you are asleep :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I dunno, you'll have a hard time finding outsource support that will be consistent.

Back when Adam owned VPSLatch he had a pure outsourced support staff and paid like $2000/m for 30 minute SLA's and the works. Once they noticed he wasn't checking over their shoulders they started to slack off and transfer the good techs to other companies and stick the newbies/engrish techs on shift.

Took Adam about 2 - 3 weeks to clean up the PR nightmare that came from it.

For us, we simply state that we aren't 24/7 and that we'd rather handle all support tickets ourselves. If I wanted "someone" to reply to our tickets stating it has been assigned to an administrator, I'd just write a ticket submission hook into WHMCS and make it randomly sleep before adding a reply :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1klikli
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

its hard to get technical people here in PH

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited June 2012

@Francisco said: "someone" to reply to our tickets stating it has been assigned to an administrator

When I had a VPS with thrust vps thats the reply you would get, very annoying when it gives nothing of value, then when it takes about 12 hours just for that.

• RandyRandy Member

i believe E2 uses outsourced. that i can assure you :D their support is pretty good but when it comes to Level 3 issues you are screwed :D

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Well I sure don't backup the outsource of phone calls, they are just terrible... but if you want, check in Mexico, there are a lot of companies managing that, like Teleperformance

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

I've had experience with a company called serveradminz.com before. They were pretty good. Main problem you'll get is the staff actually listening to your requests. If you can a well organised company you'll do ok.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited June 2012

Don't do it. It will be MUCH harder to manage.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Keep your support in the country where you focus your clients. If your focus is international, it doesn't really matter. If you need to hire a support staff and can't afford to hire one or two people in the country you do business in, you need to reconsider your business plan because this sounds like an after thought.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 1NickM
  • laaevlaaev Member

Well it is funny that an outsourcing support company got hacked today, I made a thread on WHT about it: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1160493

Looks like I won't be recommending them again if they can't even maintain their own site's security, I always recommended them to clients who asked me what is a good server mgmt. company as they had good reviews..

• RandyRandy Member

shit hapens. james is a great guy al.

• IvraatiemsIvraatiems Member
    edited June 2012

Please, don't outsource. Personally, few things will make me drop you as a customer faster.