Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[REQUEST] 2 x Dedicated server + cross connect
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[REQUEST] 2 x Dedicated server + cross connect

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited June 2014 in Requests

Hi Folks,

Looking for the following (I want 2):

CPU: Quad core something

RAM: 4GB Minimum

Disk: 500GB Minimum

BW: Do not care

IPv4: /24 (only one needed)

IPv6: preferred not essential.

I need the servers cross connected so the NIC's need to be capable of gbit even if the switch port is set to 100.

Price: stupidly low please /make me an offer.

Thanks.

Ant.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

You want to cross connect the two servers via second NIC, or just to have them in the same vlan and connected to a gigabit switch?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

both in same VLAN (eth0) and eth1 <-> eth1 cross connected.

Sorry for clarity, I do need IPMI/DRC/rILO etc access

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2014

Spain, Alicante, Test IP: 5.134.113.1

each IPv4: 2€/m

each server: 100€/m

4 TB/month for the VLAN (2 TB/server)

• RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith said:

Price: stupidly low please /make me an offer.

@jmginer said:

each server: 100€/m

• This would be possible with our $49 a month E3. IPs are $0.50 each per month.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited June 2014

Hi!

Ours come with IPMI have a look at these. we can give a heavy discount if you require.

http://myserverplanet.com/ads/myserverplanet_leaflet_dedi.jpg

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@qps maybe ?

Thanked by 2TheHackBox qps
  • SpotVPSSpotVPS Member
    edited June 2014

SpotVPS's parent company, ComfortHost.NET, can do this. We can offer a $90/mo C class and our cheapest server would be a 16GB E3 for $79/mo. Total cost would be an E3-1230, 16GB RAM, 1x1TB, 5TB BW, 1Gbps port, /24 for $169. Connecting servers would not be a problem. We could do this in all 4 of our locations. If you're interested, email jacob[at]comforthost.net

@jmginer interesting but IP's murder the price.

@Steven_F interesting any other details?

@MSPNick make me an offer?

@SpotVPS interesting, IPMI included and is that really the worst server you have?

I was really expecting the main price to be the IP's and some bargain basement X33xx's or worse :)

• @AnthonySmith - IPMI is included in that server. I'll double check our storage to see if we have anything older, and will let you know, but I believe that's the cheapest server we have in stock.

• @AnthonySmith - Delimiter can do this from stock. The only issue will be the exhorbitant IP costs.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    jmginer interesting but IP's murder the price.

Steven_F interesting any other details?

MSPNick make me an offer?

SpotVPS interesting, IPMI included and is that really the worst server you have?

I was really expecting the main price to be the IP's and some bargain basement X33xx's or worse :)

Hi,

dedi 1 10% off
    dedi 2 25% off
    dedi 3 35% off.

Thanks.

@MSPNick nice one and the IP's are free?

@SpotVPS ok let me know

@MarkTurner make me an offer, I could probably live with a few less IP's

• @AnthonySmith - whats the bare minimum # of IPs?

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited June 2014

AnthonySmith said: @MSPNick nice one and the IP's are free?

@SpotVPS ok let me know

@MarkTurner make me an offer, I could probably live with a few less IP's

I sent you over a PM @AnthonySmith

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    MSPNick nice one and the IP's are free?

SpotVPS ok let me know

MarkTurner make me an offer, I could probably live with a few less IP's

Hi,

/30 free
    /29 £5
    /28 £10

But we can get a little deal going.

• Nick.

@MSPNick said:

• Nick.

Then give me the deal please, I think we have danced around the price enough :) ?

@MarkTurner said:
    AnthonySmith - whats the bare minimum # of IPs?

32 (usable) but I would be more likely to go with a more expensive deal with the right number of IP's

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith, our /24 price is $50 (justification required). We can do our Dual L5420 systems for $49/month each, plus the IPs, plus a setup charge to run the cable (shouldn't be much). We can do it in Las Vegas or Atlanta. Vegas is available immediately, Atlanta might be a few days. PM me or message me on Skype (user: QuickPacket) if you are interested.

@qps said:
    AnthonySmith, our /24 price is $50 (justification required). We can do our Dual L5420 systems for $49/month each, plus the IPs, plus a setup charge to run the cable (shouldn't be much). We can do it in Las Vegas or Atlanta. Vegas is available immediately, Atlanta might be a few days. PM me or message me on Skype (user: QuickPacket) if you are interested.

So that would be $148 p/month + setup?

• tehdantehdan Member

Should we be expecting another innovative LowEnd-product from @AnthonySmith ?

@tehdan said:
    Should we be expecting another innovative LowEnd-product from AnthonySmith ?

Yes and No this is for a long term dev and trials environment, I will be doing penny VPS's from time to time to add load but with no SLA or grantees, and probably only offered to current clients.

So this will not be used for that but it will be used to develop new products.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Steven_F interesting any other details?

Shoot me a sales ticket with any questions, concerns, and/or the exact details of what you're interested in and I'll get back to you with as much info as I can. I'm not really active on LET, but I get back to most sales tickets very quickly.

• tehdantehdan Member

@AnthonySmith I'm guessing lowend cloud/failover VPS with drdb based storage?

@tehdan sort of, through XCP, not a brdb fan though. !

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: So that would be $148 p/month + setup?

Yes.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith - so if you took the base X5150 server $20/month (paid quarterly). Add private VLAN for second port $5/month/server

2 x X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, all the usual gigabit on public + private - $40/mo ($20 each)
    2 x VLAN - $10/mo ($5/each)
    2 x /28 - $32/mon ($16/each)

Total $82/month (paid quarterly)

• Send us a sales request via https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php or just a sales ticket.

Should have something in the $150/month mark + setup.

@MarkTurner said:
    AnthonySmith - so if you took the base X5150 server $20/month (paid quarterly). Add private VLAN for second port $5/month/server

2 x X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, all the usual gigabit on public + private - $40/mo ($20 each)
    2 x VLAN - $10/mo ($5/each)
    2 x /28 - $32/mon ($16/each)

Total $82/month (paid quarterly)

For clarity, what are the 2 x VLAN's for and do they come with IPMI/rILO/DRAC ?