Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mybb.com hacked
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mybb.com hacked

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited May 2012 in General

Redirects to ugnazi.ru

Sigh.

Comments

• subigosubigo Member

Just times out for me.

• seikanseikan Member

Timeout for me too. I guess it's being DDoS now.

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited May 2012

:P whats with these people? Badasses

• What a bunch of monkeys.

Hope Chris & MyBB can get back on board, my condolences.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@bijan588 said: Baddumbasses

Fixed that for you.

Thanked by 2MrAndroid maxexcloo
  • kalamkalam Member

My favorite free forum software, noooooooooooooo.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Next thing you know they'll hack someone's MySpace.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • VictorVictor Member

@jarland said: Next thing you know they'll hack someone's MySpace.

People still uses MySpace?

Thanked by 1jar
  • yomeroyomero Member

@Victor said: People still uses MySpace?

Well, it has some cool music :P

• edited May 2012

Myspace has gone to garbage. Tom should have never sold it, if he would have left it the way it originally was, I bet it would be better then facebook. Just my opinion :P The old-fashion myspace was insanely epic and easy to navigate/etc, now it lags my browser no matter if I am on a i7 or not.

• @SpeakWhatsReal said: Myspace has gone to garbage. Tom should have never sold it, if he would have left it the way it originally was, I bet it would be better then facebook. Just my opinion :P The old-fashion myspace was insanely epic and easy to navigate/etc, now it lags my browser no matter if I am on a i7 or not.

Everyone knows Bebo was superior.

• I never even heard of Bebo until now :P

• @SpeakWhatsReal said: I never even heard of Bebo until now :P

Its crap.

• Lols, hope mybb get's back online. Pretty funny how it's been down for almost a day now. (Seems like they're changing name servers atm)

• @SpeakWhatsReal said: The old-fashion myspace was insanely epic and easy to navigate/etc, now it lags my browser no matter if I am on a i7 or not.

The whole "HEY I LIKE COOL MUSIC AND GRAPHICS AND BLINGY THINGS AND HEY OH MY GOD THIS IS SOME WEIRD PET THING AND HEY ALL OF THESE USE FLASH HOW NEATO AND FUTURISTIC" design style of your average MySpace user didn't help things any though

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited May 2012

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mybb_notice/notice.html

What a bunch of douchebags. What is there reason for hacking mybb.com I wonder.

EDIT: ""hackforums.net" uses the forum software MyBB, We are tired of all the skids who claim they are hackers. As a personal note: we just don't like you, Jesse Labrocca."

LOL, so dumb though. That is like blowing up a car factory, because a drug dealer ues the cars that the factory manufactures.

• MyBB is an awesome piece of software (in my experience) and the admins and dev team were always really helpful, 'tis a shame :(

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

This is also a shame. They should have hacked hackforums.net instead of mybb.com if they wanted to do an attack that badly... Mybb is the best opensource forum software!

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2012

@Jeffrey said: This is also a shame. They should have hacked hackforums.net instead of mybb.com if they wanted to do an attack that badly... Mybb is the best opensource forum software!

Yeah, but, you know, they couldn't find an entry point, so they, you know, picked the 'next best thing'.

In other words, they're retards.

EDIT: With 'retards' I'm obviously refering to the guys that did the breaking in, not to the MyBB guys themselves.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CoreyCorey Member

Yea the reasoning on the hacks are getting out of control.

• @Corey said: Yea the reasoning on the hacks are getting out of control.

Before you know it, their be hacking sites because they are too red or blue.

Thanked by 2netomx Jeffrey
  • nabonabo Member

@Daniel said: Before you know it, their be hacking sites because they are too red or blue.

I thought we already pay the governments for that by our taxes. ;->

• CoreyCorey Member

@Daniel I think it's time they are all brought to justice - I was on the same page with them at first... but the reasoning is just...... bleh... It's not for a cause anymore.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Corey said: Yea the reasoning on the hacks are getting out of control.

What reasoning?

"hacktivism" has always been nonsense. It's nothing more than "hey, look at me, look at me!"

• I wish you guys would stop calling it hacking, there was no sql injection or any attack, simply those kids got the password to Chris's domain registrar and edited the index. I see no hacking, I see script kiddies running around with little keylogger scripts and Chris probably fell for it. I have no idea what happened but MYBB is pretty damn secure .

Thanked by 1MrAndroid
  • nabonabo Member

@SpeakWhatsReal said: I wish you guys would stop calling it hacking, there was no sql injection or any attack,

Wouldn't that be named cracking then? ;->

• @nabo said: Wouldn't that be named cracking then? ;->

I think sql injection for web related app's is called "Hacking" I think decrypting file systems and dll programs/etc/etc is called "Cracking".

I might be wrong though :P

• Lets just call it douchebaggery and stop the arguments.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@SpeakWhatsReal said: I think sql injection for web related app's is called "Hacking"

'Hacking' is a term that no longer applies in today's world of licensing, trademarks, and other possessive hoarding. Go do some research on men like Stallman if you want to know what a real hacker is. There are damn few left.

@Daniel said: Lets just call it douchebaggery and stop the arguments.

Well said.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • You are sadly misinformed if you don't think SQL injections are hacking. A SQL Injection is hacking no matter how bad you sugar coat it. Ofcourse if you create the script or find it out yourself and not using some other random script's online.