Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got the news from Virtovo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just got the news from Virtovo

jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
edited June 2014 in General

Dear J********,

It is with much regret that we inform you of our intention to cease providing VPS services in Miami on July 1st 2014. It's been difficult to penetrate an already saturated market and the conditions do not look favourable for the future. We've operated in this area for just over six months and have not seen the traction that we expected.

Any customer who signed up for service within the last 7 days is entitled to a full refund. Any customer who has paid for service that extends beyond July 1st should open a ticket with the billing department so a refund can be processed (Please allow up to 24 hours for these to be processed)

Thank you for your valued custom during this time.

I can say that they actually gave it a good try. They had better communication than a lot of hosts I've dealt with who charge more and, despite a couple of hiccups, they have provide me with a great service. I also respect that they didn't just run out on their customers without advanced warning.

I wish them luck in all future endeavors.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Was there not already a thread about this or is this another location closed?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • WTF is this real.First they stopped Canada now Miami.Are they planning to shutdown their hosting business?

• Oh, please not.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I hope everyone takes this with good intentions, Inception Hosting is in the same facility anyway I think, if anyone really wants to stay in Miami I may be willing to accommodate and I am happy to work with @Virtovo for credit transfer to Inception with some bonus time for customers.

Just putting it out there this is not a refuge code snipe.

• Happy to work with anyone who wants to move across to Inception. From my understanding it's the same network and very similar hardware.

Failing that, refunds for eligible customers can be obtained by opening a ticket with billing.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Was there not already a thread about this or is this another location closed?

I think that one was about them discontinuing service in Vancouver. This one is about their Miami service ceasing operations.

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited June 2014

Just curious, if they are closing their Miami facility, why they are promoting the Miami plans again in the other forum ( i.e https://vpsboard.com/topic/4546-miami-kvm-vps-virtovo-1gb-kvm-only-7mo/ )

And that was posted yesterday

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Virtovo said:
    Happy to work with anyone who wants to move across to Inception. From my understanding it's the same network and very similar hardware.

Failing that, refunds for eligible customers can be obtained by opening a ticket with billing.

So you no longer have any locations available?

• @ironhide said:
    Just curious, if they are closing their Miami facility, why they are promoting the Miami plans again in the other forum ( i.e https://vpsboard.com/topic/4546-miami-kvm-vps-virtovo-1gb-kvm-only-7mo/ )

A request has been put in to close the thread.

And that was posted yesterday
    @iKeyZ said:
    So you no longer have any locations available?

That is correct.

• @Virtovo are you also planning to leave LET?Well you are actually good poster.I hope you will stay here.

• So is this it for you guys?

• This is it, yes. Will likely keep an account for postings sake.

• @Virtovo

I don't get it, we're still profiting after two force datacenter moves and numerous threads / accusations of being drug dealers... somehow, what went so wrong that you guys couldn't keep chugging?

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@jaypeesmith said:

I can say that they actually gave it a good try. They had better communication than a lot of hosts I've dealt with who charge more and, despite a couple of hiccups, they have provide me with a great service. I also respect that they didn't just run out on their customers without advanced warning.

>

I wish them luck in all future endeavors.

^Exactly this. I had both locations and they did better than many hosts I have had before. I just would like to find a comparable Seattle (or other west coast) to replace Vancouver.

Best of luck to them and appreciate that they did not do a "runner."

• @GoodHosting said:
    Virtovo

I don't get it, we're still profiting after two force datacenter moves and numerous threads / accusations of being drug dealers... somehow, what went so wrong that you guys couldn't keep chugging?

They may want a better lifestyle than a chugging one :p

• Virtovo said: This is it, yes. Will likely keep an account for postings sake.

Well at least you're aiming for a smooth exit. You might not want to mince words as much in the e-mail though - if you're closing down may aswell say it rather than imply it.

Other than that though, an honourable retreat I guess. I still think (even though I can't see your balance sheets) you seem pretty quick to act, especially with a new ad yesterday...

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • LeeLee Veteran

Indeed, there is no shame in having tried and made the decision to bow out in the right way.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Yup, done in the right way.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Virtovo said: Happy to work with anyone who wants to move across to Inception.

At least you're going out with class. (I mean that seriously).

W1V_Lee said: Indeed, there is no shame in having tried and made the decision to bow out in the right way.

Indeed.

• @Virtovo,

Sorry about my earlier message, I realize I worded it a bit poorly. Good luck on your future ventures, and good job leaving strong! I've never heard a complaint about your service [ more than I can about my own. ]

• CoreyCorey Member

AnthonySmith said: I hope everyone takes this with good intentions, Inception Hosting is in the same facility anyway I think, if anyone really wants to stay in Miami I may be willing to accommodate and I am happy to work with @Virtovo for credit transfer to Inception with some bonus time for customers.

Just putting it out there this is not a refuge code snipe.

How is this not just like any other refuge code snipe? Once the customers are with you they are likely to renew anyway just so they don't have to move their stuff. (I have nothing against refuge codes etc)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Corey said: How is this not just like any other refuge code snipe?

Because most of them come across like grave robbing.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@Corey said:
    How is this not just like any other refuge code snipe? Once the customers are with you they are likely to renew anyway just so they don't have to move their stuff. (I have nothing against refuge codes etc)

@Corey, the real question is: is @AnthonySmith going to match Virtovo specs & price? lol

(Cue the smart@sses that will come in and say "not sustainable")

• I think Inception offer the same or better specs for the same price. It looks that way at least. Anyone who does wish to take service with Inception in the same location can open a ticket to agree some details being transferred over etc.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Virtovo said:
    I think Inception offer the same or better specs for the same price. It looks that way at least. Anyone who does wish to take service with Inception in the same location can open a ticket to agree some details being transferred over etc.

How nice.

@Corey said:

In that I am not offering a refuge promo code and I offered to work with the owner i.e. not a cheap snipe at someone else's misfortune, just seems silly not to try to help when you could probably touch both physical servers within 10 seconds.

• CoreyCorey Member

AnthonySmith said: In that I am not offering a refuge promo code and I offered to work with the owner i.e. not a cheap snipe at someone else's misfortune, just seems silly not to try to help when you could probably touch both physical servers within 10 seconds.

You could just as easily have said 'Use promo code XXXXX' to move over to inception hosting with two months of free service blah blah blah. This promo code has been endorsed by the owner of Virtovo!!

Let's be honest here - the only reason you are trying to 'help' is to hopefully gain future business from it. (Which I'm not against... just dont like how you say its sooo different from a refuge promo code)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Corey said: Let's be honest here - the only reason you are trying to 'help' is to hopefully gain future business from it. (Which I'm not against... just dont like how you say its sooo different from a refuge promo code)

Must be pretty bleak in your cynical, grey world.

@Corey said:
    Let's be honest here - the only reason you are trying to 'help' is to hopefully gain future business from it. (Which I'm not against... just dont like how you say its sooo different from a refuge promo code)

I understand it can be seen that way, there is a reason I did not just jump in with use promo code blah blah blah.

Will have to agree to disagree though my motives are not that of an opportunistic vulture, but you are right I am not looking to take on a loss either, as I said given we are quite possibly even in the same rack it helps customers, Inception Hosting and Virtovo so I don't see how anyone can lose.

Thanked by 2Dylan mpkossen
  • Susan, to be honest, I really like your attitude, support and hardware (I did purchase a 2GB KVM from you) and I want you to stay in this market. You're a good person in overall @virtovo