Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign Up for a Windows Dedicated Server* and get a Microsoft Surface 2 Absolutely FREE!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sign Up for a Windows Dedicated Server* and get a Microsoft Surface 2 Absolutely FREE!

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

FYI

http://www.redstation.com/latest-news/2014/redstation-microsoft-surface-promotion.aspx

==

05 May 2014

Redstation parent company iomart Group has joined forces with Microsoft to offer its new and existing customers a promotion that will support all of your business needs.

When you buy a Windows Dedicated Server before 11th July 2014 you will receive a brand new Microsoft Surface 2 for free.

A Thin, light tablet with up to 10-hour battery life

At less than 1.5 pounds and just 8.9 mm thick, Surface 2 lets you carry less while you do more. It runs Windows 8.1 RT and comes preinstalled with Microsoft Office 2013 RT4, so you get Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote — out of the box. Surface 2 ups the ante with a more powerful, always-on processor, so it's ready to go when you need it. With an up to 10-hour battery that keeps you charged through the day, Surface 2 is powerful, yet ultra-thin and lightweight.

Dedicated Servers

Windows Dedicated Servers

Redstation dedicated servers start from just £50.99 and come with an internet connection of up to 10Gbps, your choice of operating system and optional control panel software. When you purchase a pre-configured model or customise your server online you will benefit from a free same-day setup, flexible contract with no minimum term and a 24-hour technical support team on hand.

If you would like to discuss this promotion in more detail, a member of our sales team would be happy to help.

Call: 0800 622 6655

* Terms & Conditions of Offer

1. The promoter of this offer is iomart Group plc trading as Redstation Limited and hereinafter referred to as "Redstation"
  2. Offer applies to purchase of a new Windows dedicated server purchased between 00.01 am on Monday 5th May 2014 and Midnight on Friday 11th July 2014 only. This excludes Windows servers where the license key is provided by the customer.
  3. The Surface 2 will be delivered to the named contact and address after six successive months have been paid.
  4. The offer is for the Windows Surface 2 32 GB Model. No alternative make or model will be offered.
  5. This offer does not apply to renewals.
  6. There is no cash alternative or product alternative.
  7. The Surface 2 will be delivered to the named contact and address within 28 days of purchase subject to successful payment for the goods purchased.
  8. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or replace the offer without prior notification.
  9. Redstation does not provide warranty of goods except under the minimum extent under UK law.
  10. In case of cancellation or suspension for any reason the customer shall not be eligible for compensation for the free gift.
  11. Redstation reserves the right to refuse to process any order at our discretion.
  12. One free gift per server, maximum of two gifts per account.
  13. The customer shall be eligible to claim on any active server once 6 months of payments have been collected.
  14. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
  15. Offer may be withdrawn without notice.
  16. All gifts will be sent within 28 days of the submission and acceptance of the claim form
  17. Any pictures of gifts are for illustration purposes only.
  18. The closing date for claims is 11th February 2015.

Comments

• C0mpassC0mpass Member
    edited June 2014

Is this the worlds biggest scam? Or is this actually legit..

EDIT: Never mind, you have to pay 6 months in advance, you can basically buy your own surface for that price anyways xD

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2014

the 6 month thing is a real downer.

ow and the extra windows cost which is about £15/£25 and it comes with fake windows 8 aka windows RT

• petrispetris Member
    edited June 2014

"Midnight on Friday 11th July 2014" refers to two times, 00:00 and 24:00, on July 11th. Which one is it?

Thanked by 1rmlhhd
  • These companies are more clever then you think there must me some hidden policy behind it.

• ReeRee Member

Doubt there's a hidden policy. I don't believe the RT version sold well, so there's probably a stockpile of them somewhere, and so redstation is probably getting them cheap.

• Redstation has always been a great place, we've had a few servers with them in the past. They are rather inflexible about the prices on their site however; and won't do anything custom unless you'll buy 100 servers and sign on for 3 years... but otherwise, they're great.

They're always doing crazy stunts like this to get more clients.

• c0yc0y Member

I must admit it got a nice screen, nice native 1080p, decent battery and a good chunk of RAM (2GB)

Here's the catch: the processor is shitty and ARM, so no actual windows 8, the embedded device version (RT) instead!

And it's not worth the money to buy new, better off with an Android tablet who come with a gig of ram, quad core, very decent GPU and more these days!

• Its the only way that Microsoft can move them. You'll find them in the petrol station soon stuck on the side of a large back of motor oil

• namhuynamhuy Member

im happy with my nexus 7. no no to microsoft

Thanked by 1Bella
  • BellaBella Member
    edited June 2014

I have a Nexus 7 as well, I hate Microsoft tablets and Microsoft phones. The OS sucks.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I wouldnt get it for free. It is not worth the time spent to learn it and it probably does not have the apps i like either.