Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone used Techie VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone used Techie VPS?

gowtham101gowtham101 Member
edited May 2012 in Help

I wanna host Wp and several other stuff on my own VPS, I am thinking of buying in Techie VPS, 15 $ plan. Anyone used it ?

Comments

• DanielMDanielM Member

its a rus foster business. SO be carefull. not only that they run openvz inside a xen vps!

• @DanielM said: its a rus foster business. SO be carefull. not only that they run openvz inside a xen vps!

Will it cause a drastic performance drop ?

• @gowtham101 said: Will it cause a drastic performance drop ?

With Rus Fosters amazing overselling formula, yes.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • How bad will it suck, will it be able to run wp, with a low load time ?

• @gowtham101 said: How bad will it suck, will it be able to run wp, with a low load time ?

It will REALLY suck.

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • Oh SHIT !! any good 15$ vps other than that ? i tried to buy in BuyVM twice, but I could not, anything that is near 15$ and is good ?

• gowtham101gowtham101 Member
    edited May 2012

Now online: Leave a question or comment and our agents will be with you shortly
    Me:-
    Hi
    You are currently being served by
    Jacob
    Jacob
    Hi, how can I help you today?
    Do you guys own Techie VPS ?
    http://techievps.com
    Jacob
    No we do not
    But you both come under rus foster business
    so you must be owned by the same guy
    Sorry, We do own them now
    lol okay thanks and bye

With the customer care of VPS.net LOL :D

• VPS.net is not owned by Rus, he simply works for UK2, which inturn owns VPS.net.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2012

try bluevm for $20/year 256mb ovz. last day today i think.

edit: look at lowendstock if you really need 15$

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Keep trying BuyVM. It's worth it.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

there is stock this week. you can still try. i advice you go to irc, countdown, and stock page, and lots of refresh because the window is so small.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@jarland said: Keep trying BuyVM. It's worth it.

<3

• SteveSteve Member

I don't know about the OpenVZ VPSs, but my Xen HVM VPS with TechieVPS is decent.
    If you're wanting to go for a $15/year OpenVZ plan, I can also vouch for BuyVM. Great performance and reliability.

• WilliamWilliam Member

hint :)

Or... wait for BuyVM.

• TechieVPS is part of Rus Foster company. Also part of VPS.net, DamnVPS, ThrustVPS.

TechieVPS itself is so bad. It always shows offline. When we send a support ticket, suddenly it's working and then they will say it's working fine.

When we use SolusVM, it just will went offline. I was using them a few months later, and decided to cancel it, because it can't be used.

Just stay away from RUs related company

• lbftlbft Member

I'm sure nobody would complain if you posted a $15/year offer ;)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@lbft said: I'm sure nobody would complain if you posted a $15/year offer ;)

+1

• huluwahuluwa Member
    edited May 2012

TechieVPS KVM's VNC = White screen.

• igobyterryigobyterry Member
    edited May 2012

As an employee of UK2Group, I thought I'd clear up some confusion.

TechieVPS is owned by the UK2Group, the same company that owns VPS.NET, 100TB, MidPhase, WestHost, ANHosting and several other hosting related properties. We do not have any relationship with ThrustVPS, or DamnVPS.

Under the terms of service you can see that TechieVPS is owned by UK2Group at http://techievps.com/legal/

• AsimAsim Member

@DanielM said: its a rus foster business. SO be carefull. not only that they run openvz inside a xen vps!

Ditto

I wrote a review here http://www.asim.pk/2012/04/20/techievps-review/, it was running smooth (when the node was not full) but then the performance dropped exponentially and then I decided to pull the plug.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2012

I use one (not the $15 plan), it was passable to OK for a couple of months (with a bit slowish I/O and a once-per-month downtime), but one day they suddenly have reduced the "node"'s RAM by half (from 11.5 GB to just 5.6 GB, can tell via /proc/xen/balloon), and the whole thing now barely runs at all, it's deeply in the swap territory.

Total     Used     Free
    Kernel:   2048.00M    4.89M 2043.11M
    Allocate: 1200.00M  186.90M 1013.10M (600M Guaranteed)
    Commit:    600.00M   76.25M  523.75M (38.2% of Allocated)
    Swap:                28.43M          (39.8% of Committed)
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said: once-per-month downtime

Was there any long FSCK's? I'm wondering if they're maybe using local storage to stop any potential SAN issues

Fran

• klikliklikli Member

@liam said: You do, your managing director was their owner/manager.

ThrustVPS / DamnVPS was never a property of Rus, but instead, iomart's. And Rus has left Thrust/Damn for a long time.

• @jarland said: Keep trying BuyVM. It's worth it.

Totally agreed! I have 2 VPS's at the moment and looking to purchase a third.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • @klikli said: was never a property of Rus

@klikli said: Rus has left

So ?

• CoreyCorey Member

When we had plans that were $15 per year we didn't have a very big demand for them - so we discontinued them (although we do have some plans like that hidden on the back end for lowendstock.com I believe it is)