Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
OVH VPS with Anti-DDoS PRO? Can anybody explain it to me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

OVH VPS with Anti-DDoS PRO? Can anybody explain it to me?

Hi, i can't understand.

I wrote message to OVH support, but still no answer from them at all.

My question to lowendtalk community

Does http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml have OVH AntiDDoS-PRO with permanent filtering, or not?

If yes, AntiDDoS-PRO it's extra option, i know, how much it cost?

Anybody have experience with OVH VPS with AntiDDoS-PRO?

I'm haven't interest in simple AntiDDoS from OVH.

I need that for game server.

Anybody can help me?

Thanked by 1Nekki

Comments

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider
    edited June 2014

http://www.ovh.co.uk/anti-ddos/

Per that link it appears to only be the Anti-DDoS not Anti-DDoS PRO. I'm not familiar with VPS lineup so YMMV.

If you included the Professional Use option, you'd have Anti-DDoS PRO. I haven't seen a price for this, yet.

I also created an order and was never given the option to add Professional Use. As stated above YMMV :/

Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • okay, i will be wait for anybody who know for sure, and have experience.

• StevieStevie Member

I have a OVH VPS, is the filtering you mention like port filtering etc?

If so I think I have that (It was free my price is still $2.99 a month)

I think you can enable the pro feature on vps dashboard.

Signature goes here.

• StevieStevie Member

IP address Reverse Virtual MAC Mitigation Firewall Alerts
    --------------------------- Permanent Enabled

IF thats is pro ddos, login to the my account, then click the IP tab, then look for your vps there and you can enable pro

Signature goes here.

• @Stevie Can you pm few screenshots from their dashboard to PM? I wanna to look on that.

• StevieStevie Member

Signature goes here.

• StevieStevie Member

That gear all the far right is where you add it I believe, I think that is ddos pro but im not 100% sure.

I hope this information does help you in your question.

Signature goes here.

• @>; @Stevie said:

You have http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml this?

Or what type of VPS you have?

How about: cat /proc/cpuinfo? Can you show that? Sorry for to much questions.

• StevieStevie Member

@desperand

Oh no I have the VPS line not the cloud vps :-/

You can find that info on here(the cpu info and such) I dont feel like logging in now :-/ sorry

Signature goes here.

• bump?

• J1021J1021 Member

I think your best bet would be to persist with OVH sales and/or post on their forum.

• @1e10 said:
    I think your best bet would be to persist with OVH sales and/or post on their forum.

Already did 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week, and last few days ago.

Every day i'm repeating the same questions, but i getting no answer from different e-mails. That is very strange.

• J1021J1021 Member

desperand said: Already did 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week, and last few days ago.

Every day i'm repeating the same questions, but i getting no answer from different e-mails. That is very strange.

Keep an eye on this thread. http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?8125-Anti-DDOS-Pro&p=61115#post61115

• From what OVH write on their websites, i think "anti-ddos pro" is only provided for OVH.com dedicated servers. All others kimsufi/soyoustart/vps/webhosting - have only basic "anti-ddos" which enabled in case of massive traffic flood.

So i guess, to get "anti-ddos pro" VPS, you should use some reseller :)

Freelance System Administrator, available for hire. Primary tasks i do concentrated on: PHP, MySQL, Postgres, Nginx, DDoS-protection, application security, high-performance solutions, high-availability / clustering.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited June 2014

Profforg said: From what OVH write on their websites, i think "anti-ddos pro" is only provided for OVH.com dedicated servers. All others kimsufi/soyoustart/vps/webhosting - have only basic "anti-ddos" which enabled in case of massive traffic flood.

Classic VPSes come with the pro (permanent mitigation) as a toggle-able option in the CP.

It's probably a safe bet that if OVH's cheap VPSes have it, their premium ones do too.

• Dylan said: Classic VPSes come with the pro (permanent mitigation) as a toggle-able option in the CP.

Pro is not only permanent mitigation. It's also a firewall network with much more solid than Arbor and Tilera, Cisco switches. http://www.ovh.com/fr/anti-ddos/firewall-network.xml

Freelance System Administrator, available for hire. Primary tasks i do concentrated on: PHP, MySQL, Postgres, Nginx, DDoS-protection, application security, high-performance solutions, high-availability / clustering.

• StevieStevie Member

@Dylan said:
    It's probably a safe bet that if OVH's cheap VPSes have it, their premium ones do too.

Yea thats what I thought, $2.99 a month for 400 gbps protection is unbeatable.

Only sad thing is I get 118 ms delay - but not that bad i guess

Signature goes here.

• This is all the DDoS protection you get on their VPS

We have just detected an attack on IP address XX

>

In order to protect your infrastructure, we vacuumed up your traffic onto our mitigation infrastructure.

>

The entire attack will thus be filtered by our infrastructure, and only legitimate traffic will reach your servers.

>

At the end of the attack, your infrastructure will be immediately withdrawn from the mitigation.

You don't get any control over it in the Control panel or anything

Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
    Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• DylanDylan Member

hostnoob said: You don't get any control over it in the Control panel or anything

Yes, you do. It's under the IP section.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited June 2014

@Dylan said:
    Yes, you do. It's under the IP section.

Edit: Right. Yeah, you need to click dedicated at the top, and then you get the options @stevie has. Never knew

Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
    Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• cassacassa Member, Provider
    edited June 2014

Nvm

ik moet poepen