Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone want to point me to the LET rules?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone want to point me to the LET rules?

subigosubigo Member
edited May 2012 in General

Apparently we can share leaked databases, talk about all the drugs we do, scam users and get multiple chances... but saying "choke on a dick" will get you banned for 3 days.

Comments

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

I think its more a self-regulated community, if you do something that the community as a whole generally disagrees with then you shouldn't be doing it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I don't know about you, but I call that 3 days of productivity ;)

• Choke on dick please.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

@bijan588 said: Choke on dick please.

Oh, man. Watch out. That's not how we communicate on LET. If a mod sees this, you're like, so totally banned, man:

• vedranvedran Veteran

I somehow still believe we don't need rules to tell us what is acceptable social behavior ...

Thanked by 1nabo
  • aubsaubs Member
    edited May 2012

@subigo said: choke on a dick

I've done that too many times ... I just don't learn ... What's wrong with it anyway, other than you choke. :-S ... Sometimes it is worth while for some people!

There only appears to be a Low End VPS Offer Posting Rules not a LET Posting Rules

• AldryicAldryic Member

To be fair, @subigo was only dancing to the tune that I played for him. I'll submit for the same punishment if it makes him feel better.

• @subigo said: and get multiple chances... but saying "choke on a dick" will get you banned for 3 days.

wait. So you have a problem with getting multiple chances... so you'd rather have been banned permanently? I'm sure they'd be MORE than happy to oblige!

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • subigosubigo Member

@DimeCadmium said: wait. So you have a problem with getting multiple chances... so you'd rather have been banned permanently? I'm sure they'd be MORE than happy to oblige!

Multiple chances after you've scammed people? Yes.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@subigo said: Multiple chances after you've scammed people? Yes.

Why does everything have to be governed? Seems the community is perfectly capable of handling such things. Individuals making decisions that effect everyone are only accused of bias.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Aldryic said: I'll submit for the same punishment if it makes him feel better.

The ban or the choking?

I can't help be be reminded of this hoary old classic:

http://pied.nu/banned/the_Dilbert_Hole/tn/08.gif.html

• AldryicAldryic Member

@raindog308 said: I can't help be be reminded of this hoary old classic:

SET SAIL FOR DICK.

Haha, I'd forgotten all about these <3

• beardbeard Member
    edited May 2012

I believe on Southpark, the advice Mr. Garrison gave to Miss Chokesondick is to say "present it" when the offer is made.

• aubsaubs Member

Love you, please sort out choching me further. X

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Daniel said: I think its more a self-regulated community, if you do something that the community as a whole generally disagrees with then you shouldn't be doing it.

the problem with community regulated, is that some people will think of conspiracy theory and accuse that let/leb is run by a particular provider

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

The new HackForums... on 64MB.

@jcaleb said: the problem with community regulated, is that some people will think of conspiracy theory and accuse that let/leb is run by a particular provider

• AdamAdam Member

@raindog308

Holy shit! A talking Pony!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Boltersdriveer said: The new HackForums... on 64MB.

LoL, MySQL wouldn't even start on that.

• nabonabo Member

@KuJoe said: LoL, MySQL wouldn't even start on that.

SQLite FTW! ;->

edited May 2012

@nabo said: SQLite FTW! ;->

HF would die in seconds, Labrocca had to trim the crap out of the DB and even then he still needs to give it its own server to run on.

• There is only 1 rule in LET

<=$7 or gtfo

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited May 2012

@KuJoe said: LoL, MySQL wouldn't even start on that.

why would 64mb not work but 32mb does? http://cent-lowmem.claw.d3vm.net/ has mysql running.

• @cosmicgate said: There is only 1 rule in LET

<=$7 or gtfo

LOL vouch

@dmmcintyre3 said: why would 64mb not work but 32mb does?

I meant HF's MySQL, it would load 1 table and go bye-bye.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • CoreyCorey Member

@subigoe, who are the mods even? Ever since the departure of LEA I have no clue who is running what.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • AldryicAldryic Member

The mods would be @vedran, @breton, and @Infinity. Partake more in the community, good sir, and such things become clear :P

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • CoreyCorey Member

@Aldryic I've devoted all of today to being in the community. To be honest the only mods I see posting are @vedran and @Infinity.... I just figured @Infinity was a regular ole' poster.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

@Corey said: I just figured @Infinity was a regular ole' poster.

I was and still am (sort of) a regular poster as well as a moderator, just I have lots of exams at the moment and priorities are priorities, so I put moderating above posting and of course my exams above all that.

@Corey said: the only mods I see posting are @vedran and @Infinity

I guess that's true however don't underestimate the amount of work @breton does, he actually does quite a lot, although he doesn't post much he is still doing a great deal for LET.

Don't judge a book by it's cover ;)