Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanished Thread??? Windows Installation on Kimsufi???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vanished Thread??? Windows Installation on Kimsufi???

Howdy!

I noticed that the link I saved for the thread is missing. Anyone able to shed light on the new link or was it removed/deleted????

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/28905/tutorial-installing-windows-on-a-kimsufi-server

If it was deleted, could someone please send me the information to do this please, thanks. I already downloaded the files, just didn't have time to save/copy the command(s) to get this completed.

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

It was deleted, probably because no one actually knows if it was illegal or not.

• doughnetdoughnet Member
    edited June 2014

@MikHo said:
    It was deleted, probably because no one actually knows if it was illegal or not.

Thank you for the response. Does anyone know the commands/steps that could PM it to me please, thanks.

edited June 2014
  • @doughnet said:

PMed.

• Links you guys have are the old ISOs which I believe had some issues...just an FYI...now I'll see how long before this thread gets deleted as well :)

• Thank you all. I did try googling it myself, but didn't see or find an archive of the site that recent.

Greatly appreciate.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

I see no reason to delete this or the original thread in the first place. Even if the linked content is illegal then it only would be a problem for the hoster right? linking to external (not hosted at LET) illegal content is completely fine as far I know.

@zhuanyi said:
    Links you guys have are the old ISOs which I believe had some issues...just an FYI...now I'll see how long before this thread gets deleted as well :)

OP says he downloaded the images and needed the commands.
    Thats what was provided. :)

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

It was removed because the ISO's were not being hosted legally afaik.

• @MikHo said:

correct, thanks again!

sorry for stirring the pot!

• Distributing Windows ISOs or Templates without Microsoft permission is against EULA.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil mpkossen
  • PM'ed

• serverian said: Distributing Windows ISOs or Templates without Microsoft permission is against EULA.

No, against copyright laws. MS EULAs are not much worth (at least in EU) anymore.

• Also using "trial" Windows for production (i.e, offering them with VPS) is also against the EULA.

EVALUATION USE RIGHTS. If you acquired an evaluation version of the software, then the 
    EVALUATION USE RIGHTS described in this section apply to your use of the software: 
    · You may use the software only to test, demonstrate, and internally evaluate it. 
    · You may not use the software in a live operating environment unless Microsoft permits 
    you to do so under another agreement. 
    · TIME-SENSITIVE LICENSING. The evaluation license you have for the software will expire 
    after 180 days. Unless the software is validly licensed, you have no right to use the 
    software after the time permitted for evaluation.
    Thanked by 3MCHPhil Noerman marrco
  • serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2014

Also using "trial" windows for production (i.e, offering it with a commercial VPS) is also against the EULA.

EVALUATION USE RIGHTS. If you acquired an evaluation version of the software, then the 
    EVALUATION USE RIGHTS described in this section apply to your use of the software: 
    · You may use the software only to test, demonstrate, and internally evaluate it. 
    · You may not use the software in a live operating environment unless Microsoft permits 
    you to do so under another agreement. 
    · TIME-SENSITIVE LICENSING. The evaluation license you have for the software will expire 
    after 180 days. Unless the software is validly licensed, you have no right to use the 
    software after the time permitted for evaluation.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @MikHo said:

Me can't read...sorry :)

• Take a look at my signature ;)

• @joodle said:
    Take a look at my signature ;)

One of the most well-hidden secret in LET was just unlocked :)

Let's hope you won't be banned for saying this, but I am bookingmarking your site anyways :)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2014

Mark_R said: I see no reason to delete this or the original thread in the first place. Even if the linked content is illegal then it only would be a problem for the hoster right? linking to external (not hosted at LET) illegal content is completely fine as far I know.

what he was doing and providing was illegal. am sure LET didnt want anything to do with it. and i would strongly say don't use any images he provides. he could have put viruses/backdoor's etc in them. just download the iso from MSFT/ and create your own image.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:
    what he was doing and providing was illegal. am sure LET didnt want anything to do with it. and i would strongly say don't use any images he provides. he could have put viruses/backdoor's etc in them. just download the iso from MSFT/ and create your own image.

You again?!

Thanked by 2n0my marrco
  • I removed it because of the links to the windows ISOs that were not legal.

Thanked by 2mikho TarZZ92
  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited June 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

So we should use the iso you provided for a fee and let you install your backdoor/virus in it?

Dude, time to put this to an end OK? @joodle has been on this forum much longer than you and he has done many good things for this community. To me he is none other than someone who strongly support open source and free-for-all development effort, which, even though I may not be able to agree with it 100%, I definitely consider him as a good person at the very minimum.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • zhuanyi said: So we should use the iso you provided for a fee and let you install your backdoor/virus in it?

No! just make your own. download the iso from digital river. get a VM from vultr and create it.

quite simple. would take you a whole 30 mins.

• zhuanyi said: has been on this forum much longer than you and he has done

That's not technically true. and even if it was that would make 0% difference.

• zhuanyi said: consider him as a good person at the very minimum.

Agreed (apart from his previous trouble with police) however we must uphold the rules.

• zhuanyi said: who strongly support open source and free-for-all development effort

then why is he posting windows images instead of linux? you know microsoft is closed source right?

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited June 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

I have tried it with Dreamspark ISO's and that didn't work for me (both Win 2008 and 2012) even though it booted up in the Vultr's VPS. I am sure I must be missing a step or two but I don't know where that is and without a IPOverKVM it is tough to see what happened to the Kimsufi.

So to me, having @joodle's iso image is the best option I have because he clearly knows what he does and his images are tested and working.

• zhuanyi said: but I don't know where that is and without a IPOverKVM..

Vultr has a console feature.

• @TarZZ92 said:

I got it booted up in Vultr, but it won't boot when I dd to the Kimsufi.