Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Giveaway time! BlueVM cheapie and Iniz custom.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Giveaway time! BlueVM cheapie and Iniz custom.

NekkiNekki Veteran
edited June 2014 in General

Howdy folks, another VPS giveaway up for y'all, one of them being something a bit different to the norm.

As ever, PM or reply if interested, I'll make a decision sometime on Monday. I don't want anything for the plans, but a charity donation would be a nice touch if you're able to do so - absolutely no obligation however.

First up, BlueVM - this is one of their nice little $5/year plans, located in everyone's favourite New York location, Buffalo (although I presume you can request a move to somewhere else if you're all Buffaloed out), with our very own Dark Overlords at ColoCrossing.

BlueVM specs:
OVZ
64MB RAM/64MB Swap
5GB HDD
100GB B/W

The plan is good until October 2nd, so you're getting a little over 4 months to play with. You must have an account in good standing with BlueVM to have this plan transferred to you.

OK, here's something a little different. On offer is a custom plan from Iniz that @Patrick was able to knock up for me a year ago, as he had some spare resources on a node in NL. The plan is a bit special as it's a lower RAM/high HDD plan paid yearly. It doesn't have much time left on it, but as I no longer need it, I thought I'd give a fellow LET'er the chance to pick it up.

Iniz specs:
OVZ
512MB RAM/512MB VSwap
100GB HDD
1000GB Bandwidth

The plan priced at £25 yearly and is due for renewal on 18 June, so you will need to pay for this very quickly after receiving it. Again, an account in good standing with Iniz is needed for you to receive the VPS.

Thanks for reading folks, hope something tickles your fancy.

Thanked by 1pavan

Comments

• iSkyiSky Member

wow, i hope i can get one custom too from @patrick but thanks for the offer @nekki

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

What location is the Iniz vps at?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikHo said:
    What location is the Iniz vps at?

Ah yes, sorry, NL. I've updated the OP.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

And both plans are Openvz?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikHo said:
    And both plans are Openvz?

Indeed.

• For the BlueVM plan, if you want it in either Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, or LA mention it when you open your ticket and we can recreate it there instead of Buffalo when we move it.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

@droopyar said:
    Iniz.com is really a very bad service. Always down, even i send a support ticket, and the tech guy called patrick do not know anything about linux to solve my problem. I ask for a full refund of my money, and he refuse to send it. I am now with legal actions with paypal and gate2shop to have my money back. Better stay away from iniz.com

Back up your claim or don't even speak about it.

• pavanpavan Member

Hey I would like to take BlueVM vps
    I don't need much resources because it will be used just for a college project
    please let me know if its still available

• yywudiyywudi Member

Does iniz NL vps allow private torrenting?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

@yywudi said:
    Does iniz NL vps allow private torrenting?

Yes

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just a little bump as one of the plans is still unclaimed, and I only have a single offer for the other.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Final shout on these, will be giving them away this evening UK time.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Great!

• cassacassa Member

I'm interested in the BlueVM one :-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

cassa said: I'm interested in the BlueVM one :-)

Ah, sorry pal, you're literally seconds too late. I've just offered it to someone else who asked for it earlier, but if they drop out for any reason it's yours.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited June 2014

@eddynetweb said:
    Back up your claim or don't even speak about it.

If you ask him, the details could be like:

"I purchased a vps from Iniz, I received login details but they don't work with RDP. I contacted support & they told me to use putty. So, I downloaded it & after trial & error of about 3 hours I managed to login in to the vps & all I could see was black screen!!! WTF .So, I opened a ticket & asked them to fix it & they repeated the same line with an addition "It is a self managed service, if you didn't know much about linux you should not have purchased a linux vps". Really the server is down as all I see on putty is blck screen. So I asked for a full refund of my money, and he refused to send it. I have raised the matter with paypal and gate2shop to have my money back. Better stay away from them. They know nothing about linux!"

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

The BlueVM plan has gone to @Pavan.

One final call for the Iniz plan - I need to cancel it today, so if no-one wants to take it on by 10pm UK time today, it's gone for good...

• @Nekki said:
    The BlueVM plan has gone to Pavan.

One final call for the Iniz plan - I need to cancel it today, so if no-one wants to take it on by 10pm UK time today, it's gone for good...

I can take it if no one wants it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    I can take it if no one wants it.

You know that you'll have to start paying for it from tomorrow, right?

• @Nekki said:

Will only try some test on it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    Will only try some test on it.

I wouldn't bet on getting it transferred tonight before it expires.

• @Nekki said:
    I wouldn't bet on getting it transferred tonight before it expires.

You can only give me ssh details? I won't renew it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    You can only give me ssh details? I won't renew it.

Na that's not happening mate.

Thanked by 2namhuy Patrick