Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4GB+ OpenVZ VPSs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4GB+ OpenVZ VPSs?

Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
edited May 2012 in General

Hello everyone. We're trying to gauge interest in OpenVZ VPSs with RAM over 4GB (guaranteed RAM). What do you providers generally see? Any consumers have an opinion?

Thanks!

Comments

• Is that possible with let/LEB price? I know 90% of users don't even use up to 2gb ram but anyway if you have a trial I'll be glad to take it :p

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@cosmicgate said: Is that possible with let/LEB price? I know 90% of users don't even use up to 2gb ram but anyway if you have a trial I'll be glad to take it :p

base on his/hers username, i'm sure (s)he has a lot of free RAM/memory on their node.. so i'm sure that is possible.. :P

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I like the idea of it. Don't know how I'd use it, but I like big numbers. I like to overcompensate.

• if it is cheap enough, why not more ram! :D

• flyfly Member

I think @oliau is trying to sell some space on his dedi in St Louis
    I would msg him and ask.

• I would buy one if you have one :D

• DamianDamian Member

What kind of price range?

• >

What kind of price range?

Definitely not within the $7 limit, heh, Not even possible with OVH/Hetzner.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@kbar I am, just one left though...

I won't sell it with 4GB RAM for $7 though. :-P

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

If that happens ill have to have a 4GB $7 sale :P

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@CVPS_Chris said: If that happens ill have to have a 4GB $7 sale :P

I'm waiting.. :P

• JacobJacob Member

You should do standup, Funny guy..

@Jack said: @ramnode do you ram as many as possible on one node?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • innyainnya Member

It might not be LEB/LET price range I guess. But I am interested to see where and how much?

• Personally wouldn't buy a 4gb openvz ... maybe a 4g kvm or xen.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Well, I think you can pump up a lot of ram with openvz. Just ask @elliotj of ballvps how much ram is allocated in the ballvps vps :-)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We are selling plenty of 4gig ovz's.. It is funny that a user, purchasing 4GB of RAM usually uses less than 1gig. The 4 gig once are selling more than 1 and 2 GB once and in most cases use less than 1-2GB of RAM, atleast in my experience. Same goes for unmetered hosting - more users purchase unmetered hosting and use less than 100MB. Thats atleast based on our sales.

• NickMNickM Member

@LiquidHost, that's because people like to have some extra overhead to scale. Or they could have bought the 4GB for other reasons... more CPU cores available? Or maybe just to have a bigger slice of the CPU? That's part of the reason why I choose 512's when a 256 would likely be fine.

• @liquidhost @nickm disk space and bandwidth could be another reason for them to buy the larger plans.

Thats true, however I wanted to point out that they use less resources, not especially the RAM. I did not express myself well. Of course I am not talking about 100% of the users on the highest packages, but a decent percent from them, use less resources.

• JTRJTR Member

I suppose you could do this for LEB prices if you used Hetzner's i7/32GB deals. The only issue you might run into is provisioning IPs.

Or Server4You boxes. :-)

@Oliver said: Or Server4You boxes. :-)

>
    4IPs are the maximum at server4you. One will be reserved for the node itself, so 3 to give out to his users.

edited May 2012

Yes I know. I have three of them myself. So if you have a 50 Euro a month box with 16+ GB of RAM you can rent out three VPS with 4GB each without any problems. :-)

I do not think it is reasonable to order a server with 3IPs for a VPS node at all, neither profitable... Well depends how much you would be selling for, though.

• beardbeard Member

4gb of RAM and low disk space, for memcache, would be an interesting offer

@LiquidHost said: I do not think it is reasonable to order a server with 3IPs for a VPS node at all, neither profitable... Well depends how much you would be selling for, though.

Depends on your client base as always. The main purpose of the three I now have is not for VPS hosting though (only 1 does this).

@beard yes, that'd be a good use for such a system.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I should clarify that a 4GB RAM VPS would not (and should not...) be in the LEB price range. Just gauging interest. Also, we aren't going to use any budget hosts for this.

@joshuatly said: if it is cheap enough, why not more ram! :D

:)

@Jack said: @ramnode do you ram as many as possible on one node?

No, no. That's not the idea. We pride ourselves too much in providing quality services to cheat our customers like that.

@Damian said: What kind of price range?

$40-48 probably.

• 4IPs are the maximum at server4you. One will be reserved for the node itself, so 3 to give out to his users.

You can't bridge to the network in S4Y either, so ...NAT vpses? No thanks.

edited May 2012

OpenVZ containers work fine with S4Y.

Spam:
    First one to message me can have a 10 euro or 13 USD per month S4Y OpenVZ node with 4GB RAM, 100GB disk and unmetered BW, paid monthly w/ Paypal. I only have one IP to spare, in their St. Louis DC. :-D

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Oliver said: First one to message me can have a 10 euro or 13 USD per month S4Y OpenVZ node with 4GB RAM, 100GB disk and unmetered BW, paid monthly w/ Paypal. I only have one IP to spare, in their St. Louis DC. :-D

Message sent, hears hoping.