Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xampp server - Joomla mysql cannot connect to localhost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xampp server - Joomla mysql cannot connect to localhost

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited June 2014 in Help

Hello all!

I have a weird issue: I installed xampp server (the latest one , 1.8.2-5). It works fine, all services are up. But, when I restore joomla from an akeeba backup, cannot connect to Mysql via localhost or 127.0.0.1.

I can connect via the ip of my pc (168.192.10.3). Mysql/phpadmin can connect fine to localhost and 127.0.0.1.

The site is also working with localhost / 127.0.0.1. The only thing I cannot connect is Joomla to mysql when I use localhost in the configuration.

The firewall is configured to open the ports, mysql is in default port 3306, my.ini bind section is configured right (bind-address="127.0.0.1" ). Does anybody have an idea about this issue?

Thnks a lot

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited June 2014

Wrong password for the database, or missing database?

Try:

grant all on databasename.* to username@localhost identified by 'password';
    flush privileges;

Of course first see the database is there.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited June 2014

@rds100 No, database is working fine. Joomla is working if I set config to hear on my local pc ip (192.168.10.3), but not if I use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1". But phpmyadmin is working with all adresses (my pc ip and localhost). Only Joomla cannot hear to localhost...

• rds100rds100 Member

What IP is the mysql server bound to? netstat -an | grep 3306 | grep LISTEN

• rds100rds100 Member

Also maybe database access rights were granted only to [email protected] and not to username@localhost. Try granting to username@localhost too.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

It is installed on windows. Mysql is bounded to 127.0.0.1 . Myphpadmin is working with localhost and I can configure databases thru this address.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@rds100 No, privileges are granted to localhost

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Try checking your hosts file. Maybe localhost doesn't have an entry for 127.0.0.1