Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone ran nikkiii status successfully?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone ran nikkiii status successfully?

huluwahuluwa Member
edited May 2012 in General

https://github.com/nikkiii/status

root@debian:/usr/local/status# php modify.php --add --uid=2 --hostname=192.168.0.135 --provider=home --node=vmware

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function execute() on a non-object in /usr/local/status/modify.php on line 87

I can't find statsend, and the correct Net/Ping.php
Anyone can run successfully? Thx.
@Nikki

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'll poke her to see if she still maintains it.

Have you checked openstatus?

Francisco

Thanked by 1huluwa
  • huluwahuluwa Member

@Francisco said: Have you checked openstatus?

Thanks, I check this now.

• NikkiNikki Member

Make sure the database is writable/in that directory
    If PDO experiences ANY problems opening the database file, it'll error out like that

• huluwahuluwa Member

@Nikki said: Make sure the database is writable/in that directory

Yes, writable.

• @Nikki, feel free to take over statsend (same to anyone else really). I don't think I even have a copy of the files.

@huluwa, the folder the DB is in probably needs to be writable as well.

Thanked by 2huluwa Nikki
  • NikkiNikki Member
    edited May 2012

@DimeCadmium I was going to work on a v2 of status with a theme system/multiple storage backends/a little heavier interface and let Zigara do the statsend/other data methods, but it's been pushed behind a few other projects for now.

@huluwa If you know enough PHP, just edit the modify.php file to debug the error while loading, it should be simple enough

Thanked by 1joshuatly
  • djvdorpdjvdorp Member

Requires:
    * statsend - https://github.com/dimecadmium/statsend

seems deleted from github :( ? @dimecadmium

• Yup. Someone with the files can mirror a copy, as I said I don't think I even have a copy.

• FreekFreek Member

Trying to install OpenStatus from Nick Moeck here, but I am stuck on the installing process. apt-get install openstatus-server gives me:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openstatus-server: Depends: python-setproctitle but it is not installable
    E: Broken packages

apt-get install openstatus-server python-setproctitle gives me:
    Package python-setproctitle is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    E: Package python-setproctitle has no installation candidate

Python itself is installed.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Freek - give apt-get -f install a try, see if that cleans it up for you. If not, apt-cache search setproc python and see if there's a close-match.

• NickMNickM Member

@Freek, sounds to me like you're on Debian 5, and you're trying to use the Debian 6 package. python-setproctitle doesn't exist in Debian 5. Fortunately, setproctitle isn't absolutely required. You can use equivs to make apt think that you've got python-setproctitle installed. However, you really should upgrade to Debian 6, since Debian 5 is no longer supported.

If you're on Debian 6 and having this problem, I'm not exactly sure what the issue could be. Maybe the Debian mirror that you're using is badly, badly out-of-date or misconfigured or having some other issue.

• huluwahuluwa Member

I installed OpenStatus on Debian 6, it works, but it can't send alert email. I tried to use PHP script to test the sendmail, the email could be sent, and I don't know python. :=(

<?php $name = "Huluwa"; $email = "[email protected]"; $reciever = "[email protected]"; // my email $mail_body = "It's a test..."; $subject = "My Title"; $header = "From: ". $name . " <" . $email . ">\r\n"; mail($reciever, $subject, $mail_body, $header); echo "done"; ?>

Log here:

--- ---

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/selectreactor.py", line 146, in _doReadOrWrite
    why = getattr(selectable, method)()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 460, in doRead
    return self.protocol.dataReceived(data)
    File "/usr/bin/openstatus-server", line 16, in dataReceived
    processData(data, self.transport.getPeer())
    File "/usr/bin/openstatus-server", line 290, in processData
    elif data['procs'][proc]['status'] == 2: alert(server['hostname'], addr, data['procs'][proc]['name'], "Critical", "Down")
    File "/usr/bin/openstatus-server", line 147, in alert
    sendAlert(level, title, message)
    File "/usr/bin/openstatus-server", line 110, in sendAlert
    s = smtplib.SMTP('localhost')
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/smtplib.py", line 239, in init
    (code, msg) = self.connect(host, port)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/smtplib.py", line 295, in connect
    self.sock = self._get_socket(host, port, self.timeout)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/smtplib.py", line 273, in _get_socket
    return socket.create_connection((port, host), timeout)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 561, in create_connection
    raise error, msg
    socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

• NickMNickM Member

Check your SMTP server's logs. It should tell you why the connection was refused.

• @huluwa said: @Francisco said: Have you checked openstatus?

>

Thanks, I check this now

Or I'm messing about with my own server status widget as well :)

...Mainly just as an excuse to play with redis and message queues and stuff so will probably be horribly insecure and blows up the world.

• FreekFreek Member

@Aldryic @NickM Sorry for the delayed reply.
    I am on Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS.
    apt-get install -f didn't solve it, same error
    apt-cache search setproc python didn't find anything :(
    equvis also says 'broken packages'
    It's no biggy, but thanks for the help anyway :)

• NickMNickM Member

Hm. python-setproctitle doesn't exist in Lucid. You're getting "broken packages" when trying to install equivs because openstatus's dependencies still can't be fulfilled. Try apt-get purge openstatus-server && apt-get install equivs, then try to use equivs to get the dependency issue resolved. If you're still having trouble, ping me on IRC (#frantech on irc.dairc.net or #openstatus on Freenode).

• syamansyaman Member

So has anyone managed to find a copy of statsend? :)

• I'll have one up soon, I'm just getting a copy myself since I can't find any of mine.

• NikkiNikki Member

I just uploaded one for @DimeCadmium earlier
    http://servers.nikkii.us/statsend.zip

Thanked by 1syaman
  • DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited June 2012

http://nyx.srvr.im/statsend.tgz should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

Dammit @Nikki.

• TazTaz Member

how do you install statsend ::PP

• @NinjaHawk said: how do you install statsend ::PP

Extract, edit ssconf.py, add a crontab for as often as you want to run it, boom.

Thanked by 2djvdorp Taz
  • TazTaz Member

./scrd [-c] Throws persmission denied error, any Idea?

• Yeah... don't use scrd... (also, chmod u+x scrd)

• 96mb96mb Member

Question: what's the differences between OpenStatus and Nikkiii status?

• @96mb said: Question: what's the differences between OpenStatus and Nikkiii status?

OpenStatus seems more maintained and up2date than Nikkiii's. But Im not sure.
    OpenStatus is also hosted as CheckMyServers.com

• NickMNickM Member

OpenStatus is basically scrd and Nikkiii's status page put together, with several modifications and features added. I also packaged it as a .deb package, and set up a repo for it. I'm hoping to get OpenStatus, or OpenStatus 2 (which I've been working on for a while and is pretty much a complete rewrite), into Debian Wheezy+1.

CheckMyServers.com is a hosted server monitoring solution, based on OpenStatus 2, which I'm hoping to finally open to the public soon.

Stay tuned here on LET for announcements about both CheckMyServers and OpenStatus 2 within the next couple of weeks :)