Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi Server for less
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi Server for less

webcraftwebcraft Member
edited June 2014 in Requests

Hello,
I'm looking for a dedicated Server (Kimsufi like) with the following specs:
At least an Atom with specs like the N2800 but it can also be different with comparable power. 1TB Disk Space ((Hardware-)Raid1 if possible). 4GB RAM and an 1GBit (or 100MBits if its doing a lot cheaper) Uplink.
Not more than 13€/m, so comparable to the old KS-2.

Thanks for your (link to) offers.

It's for cPanel/WebHosting purpose.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

either ovh or online.net . With your budget that is about all you are going to get

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited June 2014

online.net comes with an very bad CPU and not much Disk space.

Kimsufi's new Servers are coming with a too bad CPU too.

• J1021J1021 Member

webcraft said: Kimsufi's new Servers are coming with a too bad CPU too.

You're coming with a bad budget.

• DelimiterVPS. You can probably upgrade the $5 atom or just push your budget a little bit and get a much more powerful dedi.

Thanked by 2netomx linuxthefish
    edited June 2014

You're coming with a bad budget.

Well, however it seems to be able to offer something for that price as you could see on previous Kimsufi Server Configurations.

• DelimiterVPS. You can probably upgrade the $5 atom or just push your budget a little bit and get a much more powerful dedi.

Where do you see a $5 dedi?

• @webcraft said:

There are google ads with coupons that show up sometimes. I got one and a $20 dual xeon with 16gb ram too. May be google for threads here? Not sure if the May coupons are still valid but they've had the sale every month.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

If played annually, a Xeon server will be $16.6/m, and $5/m for an atom

• @webcraft said:

lemme show you the path, its here :) http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1382723

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

said: At least an Atom with specs like the N2800 but it can also be different with comparable power. 1TB Disk Space ((Hardware-)Raid1 if possible). 4GB RAM and an 1GBit (or 100MBits if its doing a lot cheaper) Uplink. Not more than 13€/m,

Here you go: https://www.firstheberg.com/serveur-dedie-intel-atom

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited June 2014

FirstHeberg ATOM 2500 2 x 1.89Ghz / D525 2 x 1.80 Ghz in France @ $105.92 USD a year.

vs

Delimiter Atom 230, 2GB RAM, 100GB Disk - $5/mo (Atlanta) @ $60 USD a year.

• Guys.. I'm all about the disk space. It's for webhosting purpose.

• cassacassa Member

Firstheberg maybe

• Yes.. But maybe are there some custom offers with more. ;)

• @webcraft - the cheapest deal right now is either Delimiter's $5 Atom server (but I would not run cPanel on it - CPU is too small). Or Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB for $20/month (paid quarterly).

You're not going to be running Hostgator on it, but its a good place to start and you also take your disk from X5150 and have it moved to new server as you grow

edited June 2014

Right, but I didn't meant ready-made offers..

More likely e.g. remaining stock

@MarkTurner said:
    webcraft - the cheapest deal right now is either Delimiter's $5 Atom server (but I would not run cPanel on it - CPU is too small). Or Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB for $20/month (paid quarterly).

You're not going to be running Hostgator on it, but its a good place to start and you also take your disk from X5150 and have it moved to new server as you grow

Mark, are there some offers for rent-to-own?

• No, we don't get into that. We looked at options (not for Delimiter) a few years ago and in the UK, if you offer credit agreements to consumers then you have to go through the headache of consumer credit licensing to do it legally. For us its not worth the headache, its actually cheaper for a customer to go on Ebay and use our cheap colo service.

Thanked by 1netomx

@MarkTurner said:
    No, we don't get into that. We looked at options (not for Delimiter) a few years ago and in the UK, if you offer credit agreements to consumers then you have to go through the headache of consumer credit licensing to do it legally. For us its not worth the headache, its actually cheaper for a customer to go on Ebay and use our cheap colo service.

I didn't know you have Colo service :o

• @Netomx - I think Delimiter has been dabbling in it too. But Yomura does colo at some sites.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Ok... Looks like kimsufi are the only one who offer a server which partly match my requirements. Anyway I just fear they're having my server being suspended. I plan to only ran cPanel on it.

edited June 2014

Good idea or not? What is your experience?

• The good idea is to order a server from Delimiter and just be done with it. You can get more RAM, more cores for $20, which about the same price as your 4GB unit from OVH

Thanked by 1netomx
  • The budget raised to $15.

• Is it €13/month as you originally wrote or $15/month?

• Doesn't matter which currency. A maximum of 13-15€ or the value converted to the corresponding currency.

• So $20 = approx €15, Delimiter's X5150 is within budget

• @webcraft said:
    Ok... Looks like kimsufi are the only one who offer a server which partly match my requirements. Anyway I just fear they're having my server being suspended. I plan to only ran cPanel on it.

Why would they suspend your server for no reason... nulled cPanel?

• Why would they suspend your server for no reason... nulled cPanel?

Nope, got a license. I just read they're sometimes doing so...

$20 aren't 15€ at all. A bit less would be fine. ;)