Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In General , Best Dedicated Server Providers ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In General , Best Dedicated Server Providers ?

Hey LET

I've been wondering who you guys would rate the best dedicated server provider,

• Overall

• Cheapest IP's

• Best Servers
  • Best Uptime
  • Decent DOS Protection or some sort of defense system so your service won't get terminated
  • Quickest Time Online [E.g] Under 24 hours / Ticket Responses

Let me know what you guys think i'd be interested in your opinions :)

Thanks guys

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

So you want to resell ?

Skyline Networks a summer host, coming soon.

Thanked by 3Mark_R imp linuxthefish
  • OVH - but with bad support.

• Hetzner , and Seflow. Both are great , with great support!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

QuickPacket.com (@qps) except the dos/ddos part.

• ShivamShivam Member

@ATHK , its been open for 4 months not sure what your on about , and firstly i've just recently heard about LET so i thought i'd join.

• wychwych Member

Online.net is ok however support could be better.

• ShivamShivam Member

I've got a verified paypal but they don't seem to do paypal only credit card?

• Mark_RMark_R Member

I've had a great experience with seflow.it support is helpful and the server runs like a beast. I haven't encountered any network outages so far and they offer good deals most of the time. I definitly recommend them.

Right now i'm with datashack.net and they have been just like seflow.it pretty solid so far but what worries me is that I cannot upgrade to a DDoS protection with datashack, this might becomes a problem in the future.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • VPNVPN Member

@qps for US servers and OVH for Europe.

OVH do have questionable support however their pricing, uptime and added extras definitely overshadow that.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

That's like asking what is the best food in general.

• LeeLee Veteran

you are going about this the wrong way. You should be looking for the providers that best suit your needs, finding them is the easy part. Things like IP cost are something more than ever that you need to contact providers on and negotiate on.

Reviews about providers in the budget market has to be the easiest bit of research you will ever do.

Sure, come back and get a final view once you have done that but you are yet another person wanting everyone else to make your decisions and write your plan for you.

"I've got a verified paypal but they don't seem to do paypal only credit card?"

That statement to me means you are already in the deadpool Q.

• ShivamShivam Member

W1V_Lee im not sure what your going on about, im asking whats your best experiences / providers you use. I'm with OVH and OneProvider currently so im not sure what your getting at.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

$ uptime
    15:16:22 up 463 days, 20:01, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

My kimsufi...

• ShivamShivam Member

Not sure what the point of this forum is if you can't get opinions @W1V_lee

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Limestone Networks

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

AlexanderM said: QuickPacket.com (@qps)

VPN said: @qps for US servers

Thanks for recommending QuickPacket!

• ShivamShivam Member

Yeah i looked at QPS was tempted but never bought one from them due to the fact ddos attack = termination i can't really avoid one if it comes therefore i went with Oneprovider & OVH. But i want to try something new

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

Shivam said: ddos attack = termination

This is not true. If you are under a DDoS attack, you are null-routed until it is over. If it happens repeatedly, we may have to terminate, but it certainly is not the first response (unless there are unique circumstances that might warrant it, but this hasn't happened thus far).

• Reliablesite has been excellent in my experience.

• wychwych Member

@qps said:
    This is not true. If you are under a DDoS attack, you are null-routed until it is over. If it happens repeatedly, we may have to terminate, but it certainly is not the first response (unless there are unique circumstances that might warrant it, but this hasn't happened thus far).

Useful clarification, I was under a similar belief as Shivam.

• ShivamShivam Member

Thanks for the update @qps, and glad it helped you @wych

• online.net - cheap, unmetered 1gbit/s network & faster ticket reply even for free basic support :)

• I'm a fan ovh/kimsufi. Awesome uptime. Offers ddos protection. Support is only through their forums.

Also really like datashack but as @Mark_R mentioned no options for ddos protection.