Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price on Atoms?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Price on Atoms?

CoreyCorey Member
edited May 2012 in General

Did the price on intel atoms go up? Seems like a month ago I bought several atom boards for around $49 each but now they are $69. Is the market for these increasing or something?

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

Low spec boards and CPUs are always in demand, The price has just probably increased due to higher importing/shipping costs.

• yomeroyomero Member

What I see in Newegg is that there aren't Atom single core platforms anymore.
    That's why the price I guess.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Jacob said: higher importing/shipping costs

The price of oil has dropped 25% from this time last year, how is shipping higher? Import/tariff increases maybe.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

I don't think oil has dropped that much, Well atleast not over here.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/may/13/oil-price-doubling-decade-imf
    "historically high level of $113 a barrel", Pretty sure oil price has increased not decreased, Just like fuel.

@miTgiB said: The price of oil has dropped 25% from this time last year, how is shipping higher? Import/tariff increases maybe.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited May 2012

@Jacob said: historically high level of $113 a barrel

Brent closed at $106. It does look like I am off on historical pricing, but it has come down quite a bit recently

• laaevlaaev Member

Actually they are $20/m from Kimsufi

• CoreyCorey Member

@FTN_Kevin i'm talking about the board not the rent-a-server.