Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free VPS for 1 month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free VPS for 1 month

udkudk Member
edited June 2014 in Offers

Hi all

We've decided to get more people trying out our services and to report on anything they'd like adding or changed with the service.

We'll give you a free VPS for 1 month with no obligation to continue after. We may also give away more credit for good suggestions.

Only requirement is that your account on LET is more than 1 month old.

If you'd like to participate, please create an order at https://fast-hosting.net/virtual-servers and us know via ticket that you'd like to join the trial and we'll credit your account. Micro or Mini plans only please.

Will update this when we've run out.

Sorry if this is posted in wrong category.

Regards

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Moved to offers

• I'm not trying it out at the moment, but this is one of the first times I can remember seeing 2 different HD types in one vps.

• udkudk Member

@Void_Whisperer: We aim to stand out from the crowd (hopefully in a good way.) Control panel and billing is fully custom too. Let me know if you'd like to try out our service in the future and we'd be happy to accommodate.

• J1021J1021 Member

Is it possible to pick which drive the OS is installed too?

• udkudk Member

@1e10 Only if you install from ISO currently, although that is a good suggestion to add in the future.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2014

udk said: Only if you install from ISO currently, although that is a good suggestion to add in the future.

Didn't realise you can install from ISO. Think I'll take you up on the offer of a trial now.

EDIT: Custom ISO or pre-selectable ISOs?

• thanks for the free trial :) Micro plan $4/m

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.0.0 Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 3192.746 MHz Total amount of ram : 238 MB Total amount of swap : 258 MB System uptime : 2 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 90.0MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 29.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 102MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.79MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.68MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 14.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.56MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 10.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 11.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 15.1MB/s I/O speed : 1.0 GB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.09381 s, 982 MB/s

very good network inside USA and great i/o speed :)

• 2 weeks account and missed the deal. Probably next time.

• udkudk Member

@1e10: Custom ISOs can be added upon request.

@lipanbaraku: Glad you're liking it so far. Thanks for the benchmark!

@vpsHunter: I've just sent you a PM on here.

• vpsHuntervpsHunter Member
    edited June 2014

vpsHunter: I've just sent you a PM on here.

Thanks a lot, task completed.

• roykemroykem Member

Hi udk,

Sent you the ticket.

Thank you.

• Submitted a ticket, waiting now. :O

• the panels look ok

got the trial vps

• J1021J1021 Member

Submitted a ticket requesting Windows Server 2012 ISO.

• larslars Member

I am using a trial VPS; recommended company! Average ticket reply was 1 minute, very helpful. No problems at all.

• Can I get one for trial ?
    I was submitted a ticket for requesting trial

• Not bad, but for a SSD?

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.0.0
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  3192.746 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 239 MB
    Total amount of swap : 258 MB
    System uptime :   1 day, 5:08,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 42.4MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.30MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 44.0MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 296KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 491KB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.53MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 282KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.10MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 958KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 1.62MB/s
    I/O speed :  382 MB/s

• udkudk Member
    edited June 2014

@eddynetweb: Might be good to put in a support ticket for that please. The benchmark from @lipanbaraku is more in line with my testing just now:

dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.98721 s, 1.1 GB/s

• @udk said:
    eddynetweb: Might be good to put in a support ticket for that please. The benchmark from lipanbaraku is more in line with my testing just now:

dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.98721 s, 1.1 GB/s

Will do.

• lol