Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused with Solus Licencing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Confused with Solus Licencing

karlkarl Member
edited May 2012 in General

hello,
Well i have been using proxmox on my home server but want to move away from kvm and into Xen.
I want to use solusVM for the web interface but i'm not sure which licence to get, if i get a slave only licence does that mean i can run as many VMs as i want or do i need to buy a different licence?
Thanks.

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited May 2012

slave only means the master can reside on a kvm container and you can't run vps inside that..... you have to pay for a slave license as well

• karlkarl Member

Thanks for your input @Corey but still a little confused so what licence will i need to get to run solus on the same node as the one hosting the Xen VMs?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

http://www.solusvm.com/pricing.php

Option 1
    The First Option is an Enterprise License which allows for OpenVZ VPS to be hosted on your SolusVM Master which is known as a Virtualised Master which you can then add any number of Slaves to this Master for the different Virtualisation Types such as Xen PV, Xen HVM and so forth. The Enterprise License costs $10/month and allows for unlimited number of VPS to be hosted on your Master.

@karl I think you need the enterprise master license? And if you want to add any additional nodes, you buy a slave license for them. I think..

• karlkarl Member

@AsadHaider
    Thanks, that clears it up a bit, but am i just limited to openvz on the master or can i just use xen?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

@karl Check out the FAQ on the bottom of the pricing page.

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited May 2012

@karl You're limited to OpenVZ on the master -- there's no option for a master+Xen install. So, you'll need a master license plus 1 slave license.

• karlkarl Member

@Vps6net
    Thanks
    Finally got it all worked out :)

• CoreyCorey Member

@Karl glad you understand karl