Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Alternatives

subigosubigo Member
edited May 2012 in General

A couple of people have asked me what I'm migrating to, so I figured I'd just put this out there. If you're the kind of host who automates everything, this isn't going to work for you. However, if the only thing you automate is invoicing, this is a pretty awesome setup.

Billing/Invoicing (Curdbee): Probably the biggest name in the freelancing community, next to Freshbooks. Much better than what WHMCS calls an invoicing system.

Support/Helpdesk (Zendesk): The only thing that kept me from using Zendesk in the past was the crazy price. But now that they have a $20/year option, there's no reason not to use them. I've always loved Zendesk.

And for a shopping cart I'll just be coding that myself. Nothing special is really needed. There you go, that's what I'll be using.

Comments

• SteelSeries uses Zendesk, makes returning your defective product a happy occasion instead of crying really loud in the process.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I was looking at BoxBilling myself.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Curdbee is quite attractive. Nice mobile interface too.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So do users have one login/pass for curdbee, zendesk, cpanel or solus, homemade shopping cart, etc.?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 That's my biggest issue I have. That's why I'm combining billing, help desk, and control panel into one system for 1 central login/database.

• subigosubigo Member

@raindog308 said: So do users have one login/pass for curdbee, zendesk, cpanel or solus, homemade shopping cart, etc.?

Users can submit tickets from the email they signed up with and there's no need for a password. Billing/Invoicing doesn't require any account on their part, as they are simply being emailed (and snail mailed) the invoices. I don't use SolusVM. The only password they'll get from me is one for either BoxCtrl-VZ or DirectAdmin.

• What about HostBillApp

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

Update: I'm now WHMCS free. Never again.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@subigo do you went ahead on using different specialized applications for each task?

• subigosubigo Member

@prometeus said: @subigo do you went ahead on using different specialized applications for each task?

I'm using Curdbee for billing and Zendesk for support. Account creation and termination has always been manual, so that doesn't change.

Thanked by 1prometeus
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@subigo said: I'm using Curdbee for billing and Zendesk for support. Account creation and termination has always been manual, so that doesn't change.

Ah I guess that works :) If you don't use the automation side of things then why bother.

Francisco

• We looked into loads of online invoicing systems a few months back (For VMPort) but I never came across curdbee, it does look excellent so thanks for pointing it out.

We aren't using instant setup with WHMCS so we are pretty much manual provisioning now but it's nice to have the interaction the module provides for automatic unsuspension etc

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

I've been thinking about leaving WHMC lately too.. Good combination of programs you have there!

• @KuJoe , problem with BoxBilling is that they dont ahve a solusvm integration (not vps panel at all), ya it is good but you will not be able to use instant setup.

But its a good option again.

• CoreyCorey Member

@subigo thanks for your share we will look into these platforms as well.