Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr and windows?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr and windows?

They provide KVM. I cannot see they have any windows ISO... but because if its KVm is it possible?

Anyone who know this?

Comments

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited June 2014
    • Custom ISO Uploads (Bring Your Own OS)
  • J1021J1021 Member

They have 64bit Windows ISO available.

• @1e10 said:

Thanks! Because there is no windows operation iso on their website.

64bit ISO? Win7,8? Server edition or what?

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2014

ZweiTiger said: Thanks! Because there is no windows operation iso on their website.

64bit ISO? Win7,8? Server edition or what?

Windows Server 2012. It is on the deploy page.

• @1e10 said:

Thank you very much!

• @1e10 said:

15GB Space is enough for windows 2012 R2. x64??

Or not :P?

• J1021J1021 Member

ZweiTiger said: 15GB Space is enough for windows 2012 R2. x64??

Or not :P?

I use it with 15GB and have about 6 free disk space after installation. You can't go for the 15GB HDD plan with their Windows ISO anyway, minimum is 20GB.

You can use it with 15GB if you use your own ISO though.

• 6GB free space?

• @1e10 said:
    You can use it with 15GB if you use your own ISO though.

6GB free space?

• J1021J1021 Member

ZweiTiger said: 6GB free space?

Yes, the Windows installation uses about 9GB of disk space.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited June 2014

Before you order and disappointed and complaining here, note that their pricing is a bit different for windows (I suppose for licensing costs).

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

If you want to install Windows Server 2012 with your own license or just want to use the 180 day trial then PM me, I've got an ISO with all the drivers included.

• @DalComp said:
    Before you order and disappointed and complaining here, note that their pricing is a bit different for windows (I suppose for licensing costs).

And what happen if i use my ISO? Could be use the 5USD package?
    I has windows 8.1 ISO-s example.. upload it then install it.

@rmlhhd said:
    If you want to install Windows Server 2012 with your own license or just want to use the 180 day trial then PM me, I've got an ISO with all the drivers included.

Thanks but i already has windows licenses :)

• J1021J1021 Member

ZweiTiger said: And what happen if i use my ISO? Could be use the 5USD package? I has windows 8.1 ISO-s example.. upload it then install it.

If you use your own ISO then you can use the standard pricing. Upload your ISO and then hit deploy and select your ISO.

• @1e10 said:
    If you use your own ISO then you can use the standard pricing. Upload your ISO and then hit deploy and select your ISO.

Seems easy. Thanks!

• Still trying to find a way to get virtio on server 2012 iso. the way round a windows install is probably imaging then upgrading (via server 2008 R2)

• You will also want to slipstream the VirtIO drivers into it. There is a post here how to do it.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/26592/how-to-install-wndows-iso-with-vultr