Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried GetDedi.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone tried GetDedi.com?

peter08popeter08po Member
edited June 2014 in Help

https://getdedi.com/
I paid on 30/5, but up until now it's still "pending". I sent ticket 2 days ago, asking them how's the server's going. No response at all.
Anyone know what's going on with this provider?

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
  • Maybe they're out of stock?

• peter08popeter08po Member
    edited June 2014

@Jeffrey said:
    Maybe they're out of stock?

If this is the case, at least he should give me a short reply.

• cassacassa Member

Whoah, V1 has 4x500tb HDD!

• J1021J1021 Member

OK..

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@1e10

Setup fee is only for the install of a nonstandard OS

@OP I will check on your server status and make sure you get a reply today

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

I use them sometimes, except service is really slow.

I did receive several issue's with their nodes compared to any other provider before, even if it was not their fault the issues persisted as it is unmanaged.

• hmm. I was waiting 24 days before I received a refund because they couldn't deliver my order (due to not having 2Tb drives in stock and then because they were waiting on IPs from ARIN). They do offer fantastic pricing though so you should expect your order to take a little longer.

• J1021J1021 Member

sambling said: hmm. I was waiting 24 days before I received a refund because they couldn't deliver my order (due to not having 2Tb drives in stock and then because they were waiting on IPs from ARIN). They do offer fantastic pricing though so you should expect your order to take a little longer.

Well they seem to give away a lot of IPs with each order as standard.

• Sunn said: I use them sometimes, except service is really slow.

What is slow?

sambling said: hmm. I was waiting 24 days before I received a refund because they couldn't deliver my order (due to not having 2Tb drives in stock and then because they were waiting on IPs from ARIN)

We waited 6 weeks if not more for IPs.

1e10 said: Well they seem to give away a lot of IPs with each order as standard.

Not always. Depends on the order.

said: https://getdedi.com/ I paid on 30/5, but up until now it's still "pending". I sent ticket 2 days ago, asking them how's the server's going. No response at all. Anyone know what's going on with this provider?

Summary: apologize. We have a huge backlog due to a 6 week wait on IPs. Trying to get through everything. Will get to you soon.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

@concerto49 said:

The server deployment time took 2 weeks, due to HDD failure on other nodes, i believe(longest i ever waited).

2+ Weeks for IPV4, and i had to cancel due to no allocation of IPV4. Though, you may not have command over the IP, but in regards to that, it is still your service.

• @Sunn said:
    2+ Weeks for IPV4, and i had to cancel due to no allocation of IPV4. Though, you may not have command over the IP, but in regards to that, it is still your service.

You've raised a topic before on your deployment times. We normally deploy much faster. The delay was due special requests you had. Please stop with this.

As to IPs. We waited 6 weeks for an allocation. Painful enough. It happens with everyone. Try to get your own IPs and you'll witness the pain.

• SunnSunn Member

@concerto49 said:

I've already stated the reason, and my request's were not really that special. And you simply stated on the ticket, "we had delays due to Harddrive issues on other nodes". I simply posted, what my experience was with you guys.

Normally as a provider, if you offer IPV4 in sale on the website, you should have it in stock.

• @Sunn said:
    Normally as a provider, if you offer IPV4 in sale on the website, you should have it in stock.

We did when you ordered. You wanted an additional allocation post order and that was when it was out. Please don't create drama out of it.

• J1021J1021 Member

concerto49 said: As to IPs. We waited 6 weeks for an allocation. Painful enough. It happens with everyone. Try to get your own IPs and you'll witness the pain.

Then why give out atleast a /27 as standard with your orders?

• 1e10 said: Then why give out atleast a /27 as standard with your orders?

We don't. Again it depends on the product. L5520, E3-1265L V3 and i3-4130T all defaulted to /29 in our latest offers.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

@concerto49 - As i said, i am not making drama out of it. I simply stated what i experienced with you guys. Nothing more.

And say, i ordered Extra IP when i purchased the server. I guess that means, i would have to wait 6 weeks for my server?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2014

@Sunn said:
    concerto49 - As i said, i am not making drama out of it.

And say, i ordered Extra IP when i purchased the server. I guess that means, i would have to wait 6 weeks for my server?

Yes you are, I'm sure it would be out of stock if they knew they had a long wait.

• Sunn said: @concerto49 - As i said, i am not making drama out of it. I simply stated what i experienced with you guys. Nothing more.

No, if ytou had done that we would have refunded it.

iKeyZ said: Yes you are, I'm sure it would be out of stock if they knew they had a long wait.

Precisely. We had enough to meet his order. I don't get why he doesn't stop with it. What if he wanted a rocket launcher the next day and so is that our fault too? That wasn't in the original order.

• Just got my server credentials. Thanks concerto49 :-)

• alexhalexh Member

@Sunn said:
    concerto49 - As i said, i am not making drama out of it. I simply stated what i experienced with you guys. Nothing more.

You're a very spiteful person. You had the option to cancel, you didn't/don't have to wait for anything. You're pissing on a provider, likely hoping for free service; You are creating drama, and you know NOTHING about the hosting industry. NOTHING.