Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CHEAP VPS HOSTING ★★ STARTING AT $12/YEAR ★★ Unmetered Bandwidth Promo ★★ Low Ping to Asia and EU ★★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CHEAP VPS HOSTING ★★ STARTING AT $12/YEAR ★★ Unmetered Bandwidth Promo ★★ Low Ping to Asia and EU ★★

BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
edited June 2014 in Offers

Are you looking for cheap VPS hosting? Look no further!

VPSHostingDeal.com is a division of Reprise Hosting (AS62838) that offers the lowest cost VPS hosting plans on the web. Our plans are hosted on high-end Intel Xeon servers located in Seattle, WA at the Westin Building Exchange with RAID1 protected storage and a 99.9% uptime SLA.

Our new BGP mix of NTT, Abovenet and excellent peering over the Seattle Internet Exchange enables us to offer VPS hosting with low ping times across the Pacific and the Atlantic:

How can we offer such low prices? Unlike most hosting companies, VPSHostingDeal.com offers services that are strictly self-managed. We cannot, for example, help you install Wordpress. Subscribers are expected to know how to manage their servers or be willing to learn how.

Use the promo code LWT20BW during checkout to receive 20mbps unmetered bandwidth. Promo code expires on June 10th, 2014 12AM PDT.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
OPENVZ VPS PLANS
ovzStarter

» Guaranteed RAM: 128MB

» Burstable RAM: 256MB

» Disk space: 20GB

» Bandwidth: 500GB

» CPU cores: 1

» Full root access

» Burstable Port Speed: 100 Mbps

» Dedicated IPs: 1

» Price: $12 per year

View our VPS Hosting Plans | Order Now

ovzEcono

» Guaranteed RAM: 256MB

» Burstable RAM: 512MB

» Disk space: 40GB

» Bandwidth: 750GB

» CPU cores: 2

» Full root access

» Price: $3.95 per month

ovzStandard

» Guaranteed RAM: 512MB

» Burstable RAM: 1024MB

» Disk space: 60GB

» Bandwidth: 1000GB

» CPU cores: 4

» Full root access

» Price: $5.95 per month

XEN VPS PLANS
xenStarter

» Memory: 128MB

» Disk space: 20GB

» Bandwidth: 500GB

» CPU cores: 1

» Full root access

» Price: $20 per year

xenEcono

» Memory: 256MB

» Disk space: 40GB

» Bandwidth: 750GB

» CPU cores: 2

» Full root access

» Price: $4.95 per month

Available Addons

» cPanel/WHM: +$13.95 per month

» SSD Storage: +$3.95 per month

» Extra IPs: +$1.95 per month per IP

» 10mbps Unmetered Bandwidth: +$4.95 per month

» 20mbps Unmetered Bandwidth: +$6.95 per month

Use the promo code LWT20BW during checkout to receive 20mbps unmetered bandwidth. Promo code expires on June 10th, 2014 12AM PDT.

Operating System Choices

» CentOS 6 (latest): OpenVZ or Xen

» Windows Server 2003: Xen only, customer provides license

» Windows Server 2008: Xen only, customer provides license

» Debian: OpenVZ or Xen

» Ubuntu: OpenVZ or Xen

» FreeBSD: OpenVZ or Xen

» Ping / Traceroute

Interested in signing up? Please visit Virtual Private Servers (VPS) Hosting - VPSHostingDeal

If you have any questions, please email sales [ at ] reprisehosting.com or reply to this thread.

You can also contact us via our live website chat.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tags: Cheap VPS | Unmetered VPS | VPS Hosting

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

you should mention on what hardware you are providing those servers people tend to look at performance alot more than the price ,

price is considered secondary compared to performance :) also some I/O netstat reports should be a good way to let people know about the performance of those servers

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@clouds4india said:
    you should mention on what hardware you are providing those servers people tend to look at performance alot more than the price ,

price is considered secondary compared to performance :) also some I/O netstat reports should be a good way to let people know about the performance of those servers

In my experience this is not the case.

• n0pn0p Member

@clouds4india People tend price > performance. Server evangelists tend performance over price. People > Server evangelists.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

even im new so thanks for those comments ill keep them in mind :) sorry for interupting anyway

• @BrianHarrison - if we use the promo code, will the port speed will be capped at 20Mbps or we will be able to use 6.66 TB Max (that is equivalent to 20mbps unmetered) bandwidth over 100mbps port?

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@ironhide said:
    BrianHarrison - if we use the promo code, will the port speed will be capped at 20Mbps or we will be able to use 6.66 TB Max (that is equivalent to 20mbps unmetered) bandwidth over 100mbps port?

It means that your speed is capped at 20mbit, but you can use accrue as much bandwidth as you want/can with that 20mbit connection. Personally, I prefer 100mbit burstable bandwidth (we offer so much bandwidth with our plans anyway), but we have plenty of customers who request unmetered plans.

• "Low Ping to Asia and EU" Does it correct?
    I tested the ping in China. it's very high
    China Telecom: avg 347ms
    China Unicom: avg 258ms

• sWpsWp Member
    edited June 2014

Ping from The Netherlands and Switzerland: 158ms

Do you have Fedora 20 available as a template?

edited June 2014

@akw28888 said:
    "Low Ping to Asia and EU" Does it correct?
    I tested the ping in China. it's very high
    China Telecom: avg 347ms
    China Unicom: avg 258ms

You can review our ping test results from the screenshots I've provided via the CloudMonitor global ping service. Those ping results show ~140-150ms ping time to a few different locations in China.

There will be variance between different IPs in China -- China Telecom and Unicom have some of the more 'interesting' traceroutes that I've ever seen. Low latency is a two-way street -- if your ISP isn't providing proper path, then pings will be high regardless of who the recipient is.

The vast majority of our BGP routes to China flow through NTT. With NTT we hit mainland China typically within ~140ms.

@sWp said:
    Ping from The Netherlands and Switzerland: 158ms

Do you have Fedora 20 available as a template?

We don't have Fedora 20 as a pre-built template, but we add new templates all the time upon request. If you add a note in the comments section of your order form that you'd like your VM provisioned with Fedora 20, then we'll set it up accordingly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

• HostinFoolHostinFool Member
    edited June 2014

I signed up for this hosting service a week or so ago based on this ad, so I wanted to follow up with my experience. I created an account here because I wanted to share this with the googleers who find themselves reading this post.

Reliability: 1 / 5 stars

I am lucky I decided to test them out with a low-priority system, because it has a LOT of downtime that they either can't or won't explain. My monitoring system shows that over the last 7 days and 12 hours, I've had 6h 11m 57s of downtime. Most of it right in the peak part of the business day. That's only 96.675% uptime, which is… pretty bad.

Support: 1/5 stars (3/5 for 'emergency')

Half the time their website won't let me open tickets; I get 404 errors when submitting them. When they do open, it took almost 5 days for a response. If you open the ticket as an 'emergency' it does get much faster attention, but 1) I don't want to have to declare everything is an emergency to get any support at all, and 2) even when they are able to fix something (like my server being down for hours), they provide NO explanation of what happened or any plan for how to keep it from happening again. One example: My server was down for almost three hours and it wouldn't come back from their web tool. When they responded, they said "Oh, it'll be back up in 15 minutes, all good now." It took over 2 hours, and when I mentioned that to them, I got (6 hours later) "Well 15 minutes was an estimate, it's up now."

Performance: 3/5 stars
    This is actually not too bad, most of the time. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds just to get a login prompt, but that's rare. Most of the time the system seems to be quick enough, when it's up at all.

Latency: 4/5 stars

Here they do reasonably well. The numbers roughly jive with what they're claiming, if a little slower. Testing (done at 1728UTC Jun 18 2014) shows:

round-trip min/avg/max (ms)
    Los Angeles: 28.142/31.915/37.569
    Hong Kong: 174.436/181.970/189.827
    London: 133.210/135.541/143.550
    New York: 69.454/71.302/75.891
    Shanghai: 188.536/191.893/196.184
    Bangalore: 230.053/239.408/246.196
    Perth: 221.998 /222.677 /224.161

Reprise Hosting/VPSHostingDeal Overall Rating: 2/5 stars (not recommended)

I could deal with the support issues if the system was reliable, or with the reliability issues if support was really good, but the combination of the two makes it a bad bet for anything that needs anything like reliable performance. If cost is your only concern and downtime (and having to pester them to bring systems back up when they fail) doesn't bother you, best of luck.

edited June 2014

@HostinFool I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction that you've experienced. We always strive to satisfy each and every customer, but in this instance we did not succeed. Your particular case was quite unique. The reliability you experienced during your week of service was extremely atypical. You were setup on a newly provisioned node that began to run into kernel panic issues after a couple weeks.

We soon discovered the source of the trouble:

https://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2801

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/3/31/234

Essentially what we're dealing with on your particular node is an unresolved kernel bug, reported only a few months ago, for which a patch has been written, but not yet incorporated into a public release of the kernel. The kernel panic is triggered by certain processes involved with PPTP.

We've been in contact with the author of the bug patch and various kernel contributors at OpenVZ. We've learned that it will take some significant work to get the patch implemented on 2.6.32, but that it should happen in the near future. We're working to get the item prioritized

In the meanwhile, we've taken steps to ensure that our users are not impacted by further outages on that particular node. We began a process earlier this week of identifying and migrating all users running PPTP to a separate node.

As I mentioned earlier, the downtime you experienced is an extraordinary anomaly and we want to do right by you. Despite our strict no-refund policy on these self-managed VMs, we would be happy to extend you a full refund on your services should you choose to move elsewhere. Feel free to send me a private message or open a trouble ticket and I'd be happy to get this resolved for you.