Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a proxy hosting offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a proxy hosting offer

Currently I’m using a VPN service at my home; it works fine. But my computer at my company cannot use this VPN due to limited user privileges. So I can only try to use web proxy to access the sites that have been blocked by my company and the GreatFireWall in China.

I searched on Google but found few such sites. According to my search, most VPS do not support web proxy. Some say they support HTTP proxy, but I cannot even configure that on my Internet Explorer at my company. I did just place an order on a site, but after purchase I realized there are no guides on its website, and when I connected to its FTP server and tried to upload Glype scripts, I failed.

That’s why I came here, hoping someone can give me an offer. I just need a hosting that supports web proxy. As for RAM, disk space and bandwidth, I don’t really know how much I need as I never used such service before. I can pay with Paypal. Also, your site shall not be currently blocked in China, like XPROXYHOST and VECTOR.

Of course, it will be even better if it also is a vps that can be used for other functions in addition to web proxy.

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

You can use any web proxy and install it on our VPS, like this one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phproxy-plus/

I don't think you understand what a VPS is :) you can install (almost) anything you want on it

• acxingacxing Member

Thanks, your website is? I want to take a look.

• udkudk Member
    edited June 2014

We allow private proxies to be hosted. Can view available plans at https://fast-hosting.net/virtual-servers (Use LET40 for 40% off)

Can only provide basic support though, so may not be what you're after. Can also ping 162.213.195.45 to see if you can access it from China.

• The only thing you may be limited with on some vps providers would be kernel level access (eg, setting up tun/tap devices). But a web based proxy should be doable on just about any vps provider.

• acxingacxing Member

To udk,
    I ping 162.213.195.45 and the latency is 260ms. Not sure it is fast or slow.
    But it takes a little long time to open your website.

• udkudk Member

Probably want something on the west coast then. I believe ramnode offers servers in Seattle and you can't go wrong with them - http://ramnode.com

• acxingacxing Member

I searched on Google, ramnode seems to have a good reputation. Do you know if it support web-based proxy like Glype?

• acxingacxing Member

Just bought a 256ram plan on Ramnode; will try it now.

• acxingacxing Member

oops. This one is even harder to configure, and I cannot log in through SSH using the username and password provided.

• acxingacxing Member
    edited June 2014

Could you please recommend some other vps providers for me?

My requirements:
    1. support web-based proxy
    2. currently not blocked in China
    3. managed VPS with Cpanel support. I am not a technical guy, even if I’m willing to learn, I can only use FTP client or Internet Explorer to manage the site at my Company.
    4. no more than 10$/month. I can accept a little higher if it is really that good

I used Linode before, 20$/month is not a too high price, but I had no specific uses for the VPS then. Now I have one, but I don’t know if its supports web-based proxy. Also, How is Buyvm?

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

You cant get a "managed VPS with Cpanel" in $10 budget..

• acxingacxing Member

Yes, there are plenty of them, but I don’t know if they allow web-based proxy like Glype. Seems most don’t.

• colmcolm Member

Sounds like you don't want a VPS but shared cPanel hosting that allows private web proxies.

You can try BuyShared: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1361680

But first check with them (http://buyvm.net/) if they allow private use of Glype or CGIProxy on their shared hosting.

• acxingacxing Member

Thank you colm, I posted a reply in that thread at WHT to ask them.

• Why don't use a free proxy? In Internet have a lot of free Glype proxy sites.

• stallionstallion Member
    edited June 2014

I bought a 9 $ per year VPS plan from 123systems and using it as socks proxy. Very happy with it. There are downtimes every now and then but what am I paying them? Less than a $ a month so I am happy.

• nerouxneroux Member

For what services do you need it? Only HTTP?

• ShivamShivam Member

We offer Raid10 VPS's [KVM] With tun/tap Support 2 IPV4's & 4 IPV6's , we also offer Reverse Proxies -> HTTP & TCP , Located in France Or Canada.

Visit our website , https://www.skylinenetworks.co.uk

We can also offer additional discount depending on what your purchasing contact live support if necessary / in need of help :)

• Shivam said: we also offer Reverse Proxies -> HTTP & TCP , Located in France Or Canada.

Hi,
    Can you give more explanation about your reverse proxy service?
    When i hear reverse proxy, i always think about nginx or cloudflare.

• acxingacxing Member

Free web-based proxies are not stable, and almost all of them are blocked in China.

For a very limited number of those not blocked, I have to try 5 servers provided before I can find a one that is useful. So I rather not to waste my time on such things.

Thank you all, finally I bought the cheapest 5$/year shared hosting plan at Buyvm. It seems to work fine.

Now my concern is that someone might GOOGLE it and use up my bandwidth. Is there a way to prevent this?

• udkudk Member

@acxing It's quite easy to setup user/pass access via cpanel. Or do it "manually" - just google .htaccess/.htpasswd password protect

• Does it use glype?

• acxingacxing Member

@udk thanks, I'll google it.

• ShivamShivam Member

@sitsuit , hey sorry for the late reply, our reverse proxies are run with HaProxy :) we have a 2 locations which are France & Canada!