Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] LET Exclusive €3 Euro/Quarterly 384MB-30GB-HDD-300GB Bandwidth. While Stocks Last. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU] LET Exclusive €3 Euro/Quarterly 384MB-30GB-HDD-300GB Bandwidth. While Stocks Last.

Comments

• Existing customers even get 25% off now. o.O

• ztecztec Member
    edited September 2011

I'm a big fan - I'd wear your t-shirt.

• All this is so strange... 3.75EUR Annually now. I bet that some people order them in batches and there will be army of angry people in near future :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Spirit
    where do you see 3.75EUR Annually?
    and also - most certainly not sustainable, an IPv4 alone will be worth much more than that.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2011

rm_ said: where do you see 3.75EUR Annually? and also - most certainly not sustainable, an IPv4 alone will be worth much more than that

Existing Customer Special -25 off which means that their 5EUR Annually package cost only 3.75EUR Annually.

(we got mail in broken english)

• If you already are a customer you can use the coupon code "EXISTING" for 25% off recurring...

• ztecztec Member
    edited September 2011

Spirit said:(we got mail in broken english)

This actually bothers me a little, their office is in the UK and their English is broken.

• AFAIK it costs about 100EUR/year to register a company in UK, you don't need to be UK resident for this.

• Oh..What the fuck. I did not know that.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2011

ztec said: his actually bothers me a little, their office is in the UK and their English is broken.

But we can't be sure regarding office, can we? With broken english is right opposite - it's a fact.

rds100 said: AFAIK it costs about 100EUR/year to register a company in UK, you don't need to be UK resident for this.

Are they (or he?) registered company from UK? I can't find anything on their web page what would indicate this.

All this is simply too good. Everyone knows that but we still try our luck in hope... We are so pathetic :)

• True, I just can't help myself -O_

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

ztec said: True, I just can't help myself -O_

I've spent many times more for paying a month for test VPSes, got like $30 yearly plans not so long ago, but this offer, I took it as a bet that I can save these 3/5/7 Euros! Will I win, or lose (and they+happy customers wins)? waiting to see :p

• Hi,

One needs to do a little more research before making claims like this, registering a business is merely less than £50.00 there are places that offer it for under £20.00

Lots of things to consider when registering a business i.e corporation tax etc, to name but a very small proportion of the ins and outs of a "LIMITED Company"

Ken.

• 20 pounds/year is not much, but AFAIK you also need mail address in UK (or mail forwarding) so it costs a little more than £20

• Okay.. so the point of having a forwarding address, is what exactly? Virtual Office? That would pretty much be the outcome of domain privacy.

£20.00 may not seem to be a huge deal but 20 / 40% of your annual profit would be. Along with the hassle of an accountant that charges pretty much double than a sole trader. Expense of a book keeper as one can't do everything.

Annual returns to Companies House and so on. Simply not as straight forward as just paying £20.00

The offer is there, it is for some it isn't for others.

• The point of having mail forwarding is that you need UK mail address to register an UK company. And if one is not an UK resident he can't have an UK mail address, unless he uses mail forwarding.

• I am a UK resident, that's not the issue, sorry ones English isn't up to the queens standard, but many people come from different walks of life. Good education, poor education. Surely what is most important is the type of service a customer receives. Rather than to make it personal.

So far all i've seen is positive comments with regards to the service, uptime and support issues. Not entirely sure where the rest is coming from but maybe it's an age thing.

• Hey, i never meant to say that you are not an UK citizen. I was just pointing out that registering a UK based company is relatively easy and cheap even for those outside UK. At one time I was even considering registering a UK company so we could accept payments through google checkout and i have never been in the UK or anywhere near it myself :)

• I know i'm just speaking in general. :)

But would like to clear this up.

Improvements have been made over the past month, on recommendations.

Okay the offers seem a bit extravagant but also word of mouth is good for business, look after existing customers, prove a good reliable service and then the rest will come naturally.

• uptimevps said: Not entirely sure where the rest is coming from but maybe it's an age thing.

No, no... service which you offer is for this price scary... impressive. No server reboots, decent IO wait, fast support (usually matter of minutes after ordering to ativate tun/tap - as example), etc... and things simply work like a charm. Too good to be true.
    But from other side it seems like you came to hosting scene yesterday. Without proper site (ok, this was fixed few days ago), newly registered domains, etc, etc... and people are wondering... how the hell he manage all this... will he dissapear in month or so... will he be able to pay servers for whole year with their 5eur/year payments, etc... what's behind all this? Honest hosting service with big plans and great future? Might be. Best organized hosting scam ever? Might be too.

So please allow us some health doubt.. while we use your great service. I have also some doubts but from other side this don't prevent me to use some vps.. or two.. from you so at the moment everyone here seems happy.
    Future will tell us rest soon :)

• Well, I've faced no issues till today.

• out of stock?

• Hello, whats your companys name so we can check it at companyshouse?

• I have seen some unsustainable prices in my time, but this deal tops them all. I suppose we have OVH to thank yet again.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2011

harleqin said: Hello, whats your companys name so we can check it at companyshouse?

*CompaniesHouse :P

For those that don't know what CompaniesHouse is, it is a national database of all UK registered comanies which you can look up and get full information for a small fee. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/. I guess they don't strictly need to be registered but you will get a tonne more trust with it.

I tell you what, it would help putting a valid address on the whois. That looks like homemade whois protection, using the 1&1 Hostmaster address with your own name, phone number and address. I may be wrong.

What baffles me is, they have an address on their website yet they don't add it to the whois. Don't go telling me that 1&1 put that or they let you do that.

• LongShotLongShot Member
    edited September 2011

I suppose we have OVH to thank yet again.

I looked at cpuinfo on my 128MB VPS and found it's using an AMD Opteron 4174 (six cores at 2.3mhz).

OVH offers this 4174 dedicated server (http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/eg_amd.xml) with 32GB RAM for EU1,200 per year. Doing the math, it would need to hold 170 accounts at EU7 each to break even (7 x 170 = 1,190).

How many 128MB VPSes can that server realistically hold?

edited September 2011

I'd say max 500, forgetting about IP's OFC.

• I hope they don't go down, otherwise everyone who asks me for paid vps will get ignored (Only exceptions: Infinity, LEA, dmmcintyre3).

luis123456 said: I hope they don't go down, otherwise everyone who asks me for paid vps will get ignored (Only exceptions: Infinity, LEA, dmmcintyre3).

Huh? I don't get that :S

• Infinity said: Huh? I don't get that :S

People has been saying to me "Pay for space, pay" . If now that I did the company goes down what is there to think out I'll waste any more money on this?