Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
I cancelled my server and disputed the transaction because it was terminated
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

I cancelled my server and disputed the transaction because it was terminated

ub3rstarub3rstar Member
edited June 2014 in Reviews

I ordered a VPS from MyCustomHosting (MCH) several months ago and had no problems with it. So, I decided to order another VPS from MCH. I got the VPS and had nothing but problems getting the internet to work. I sent in several tickets and not one was responded to. I got fed up and sent a cancellation request to get a refund. He said that I am not eligible for my refund so I didn't get it. The other day I went to login to my server and it wouldn't let me. So, I logged into MyCustomHosting's SolusVM and didn't see my server listed there. I logged into the client area and checked under services to find out that the server was cancelled. I contacted Phil at MCH and he replied saying:

LOL you submitted, immediate, cancellation requests for BOTH VM's. WTF what kind of quick one are you attempting to pull here?

Which is not true, I submitted a cancellation request for one VPS, not two. He also sent another email saying that cancellations are done automatically and I am the reason it was terminated, not him (even though all he has to do is to go into WHMCS and cancel the cancellation request).

Realizing that he wasn't going to give me my server back nor my money, I filed a dispute with a PayPal and told them that not only did he not honor my refund but he also didn't give me my server. Then he finds out about the dispute and emails me saying:

You just committed fraud FYI. I don't deal with scammers and fraudulent people. So yes, your entire account is terminated. I will now deal with paypal directly for this matter.

So I committed fraud by trying to get my money back because he wouldn't give it to me or what I paid him for? And because of me trying to get my money back my other server gets disconnected too? I guess I am the problem here?

Just a minute after he sent the email calling me a fraudster, I received a phone call from a unknown number (which I ignored). I suspect he was going to be an even more of a bully and phone me to yell at me and call me names.

I should also note that I contacted PayPal about his threatening emails and being a bully and they are probably going to be closing down his PayPal account because of his previous bad business practices.

Comments

• Thanks for the info. now i know to avoid MyCustomHosting

I AM BACK :)
    Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

• There are similar stories going back months. It'd seem an appreciable amount of MyCustomHosting's turnover is generated this way.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • NeoonNeoon Member

Yeah, better stay away from them. VM's also broke on reboot so useless.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Some of this can be explained by . . . the TOS. It sounds like some of this could have been handled better, but I also don't know the other side of the story.

• So, your account at WHT is CBH?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • SunnSunn Member

Woah! The language..

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • There is no evidence here. I also see some assumptions and possible paranoia.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider
    edited June 2014

http://imgur.com/f70T0xz

FYI, paypal is not going to do anything.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2014

@MCHPhil

what < a nice person > you are. posting private customer information online.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil deptadapt

edited June 2014

@TarZZ92 said:
    MCHPhil

what < a nice person > you are. posting private customer information online.

What private information did I not blank out? If I missed anything identifying let me know and it will be corrected. That was a lot of BS to have to post so I may have missed something.

@mpkossen, sorry to bother you sir, can you look at this please.

Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • MCHPhil said: What private information did I not blank out?

HIS IP ADDRESS

edited June 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

LOL OMG IT'S CAPS TIME OMG his dynamic IP address?

His dynamic IP was removed, thanks for the information. Any hosts interested he has been added to fraud record so hopefully you will not have to deal with this also.

• MCHPhil said: LOL OMG IT'S CAPS TIME OMG his dynamic IP address?

Grow up. who cares if its dynamic or static its still personal information. (ip's don't change every minute)

the attitude you have presented proves you are probably guilty. act professional not like a child.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@MCHPhil said:

Some ISP's rarely assign new IP's, it can take more than 2-3 months for my own dynamic IP to be reset, what if this is the case with ub3rstar aswel and he gets a random DoS attack from LET because you posted his private IP?

Thanked by 3deptadapt 0xdragon khav
    edited June 2014

Why protect someone who commits fraud at all?

Answer that one :D

• MCH is ALMOST as bad as greenvalueshit. keep it up phil

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@MCHPhil said:

Answer that one :D

I dont care who is right but aren't there any standards?

Thanked by 2deptadapt 0xdragon
  • NeoonNeoon Member

Someone told me last time, when an reseller is threating the costumers for example just contact ovh and they will act against it.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil 0xdragon
    edited June 2014

Not with fraud. That costs me money. Fraudsters can die for all I care.

In the real world, fraud == prison. Any host will agree with this.

edited June 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    Someone told me last time, when an reseller is threating the costumers for example just contact ovh and they will act against it.

Please contact OVH. What a joke. Where did I threaten this fraudster? Please show me. So I won't do that again.

At the end of the day, he committed fraud, after cancelling two services and then blaming it on me. Now is trying to talk about my business here to hurt me. Sorry if you don't look at the proof, it's in the image. He's lying trying to get you all stirred up and it worked :D

• the only fraud here is what you have committed ole' philly-boy

HOW?!?!?!?! LMFAO

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • NeoonNeoon Member
    edited June 2014

@MCHPhil let me guess you are acquired with GVH, because you talking like a 17 Year old little boy who is on range. Calm down, thats just hurting your image again.

edited June 2014

I'm happy as a clam, literally laughing my ass off at this hilarity. I don't know what to think of this.

None of you can actually answer any question with any proof other than it's how I say...

So yes, I'm the bully. Of course. Because bullies talk crap with no evidence. That is clearly what I have done here. Bullies call others names and try to put them down, for whatever little reason their minds can come up with. I've not done that here. Others though... Hmm.

• namhuynamhuy Member

MCHPhil said: Change my business model to suit clowns like this, no thank you. I'll go elsewhere and continue things. This place is a joke if admins actively allow this kind of stupidity to continue. Bottom line. Argue all you want. There will be no apology here. Fuck off LEBullshit. Construe my words any which way you want, just shows more BS from this place. Proves my point.

You see nothing wrong with the way this was handled by these "great" customers? Sorry your delusional. Not one ounce of respect was received by these "great" people, so not one ounce was returned. You'll meet low lifes like this all throughout life and the way you handle them makes all the difference. I don't bow down and will actively tell them to fuck off. Go bow down to your masters here. I'll take my business and dignity elsewhere.

I thought you will take your business and dignity elsewhere?

• @MCHPhil said:
    HOW?!?!?!?! LMFAO

canceled paid service that was not requested, did not offer a refund in whole, or prorated.
    you are the fraudster as you have gained in this situation; until you refund him in full or prorated, you will remain so.

• How old is this phil kid? He acts like an immature pre-teen (both here and in those screenshots). Thanks for posting about this crap host, I'll be sure to avoid it.

• GunterGunter Member

Fuck off Phil.

• @MCHPhil said:

It looks like the OP didn't read the TOS and is confused, but I'm not sure what "fraud" has been committed?

Thanked by 1c0y
    edited June 2014

@Microlinux said:
    It looks like the OP didn't read the TOS and is confused, but I'm not sure what "fraud" has been committed?

He chargeback via paypal :P He was outside the refund period and decided to chargeback instead of living with the TOS he agreed to at the time of services rendered.

That's fraud.

@darkshire said:
    you are the fraudster as you have gained in this situation; until you refund him in full or prorated, you will remain so.

I'm sorry you don't seem to understand how WHMCS works. If you submit an immediate cancellation it is automatically cancelled when the cron runs. If he did not tell me that it was a mistake or etc. How would I know. Please go look at the images I posted before continuing. You obviously haven't.

One of those cancellations was MONTHS AGO. How is that even relevant?

His services were not cancelled until he charged back. Once again, I don't know one provider that leaves an account active when someone charges back.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @MCHPhil said:
    He chargeback via paypal

Ok, fair enough. But why not just re-activate the VPSes he paid for in the first place? Seems like it would have saved a lot of hassle, it sounds like he was at least open to that.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited June 2014

MCHPhil said: He chargeback via paypal :P He was outside the refund period and decided to chargeback instead of living with the TOS he agreed to at the time of services rendered.

>

That's fraud.

Technically speaking.. paying for a service, receiving that service (or part thereof), and then charging back is indeed fraud (for everyone else in this thread).

The service was cancelled by the user.. So it should've been shutdown/cancelled, and in accordance with the TOS you agreed to, you don't get a refund.

I think it could've been handled better by @MCHPhil as I don't believe the OP was truly attempting to commit fraud.. I just don't think he read the TOS and got upset. However the blame lies solely on OP here - read the fine print.

edited June 2014

@Microlinux said:
    Ok, fair enough. But why not just re-activate the VPSes he paid for in the first place? Seems like it would have saved a lot of hassle, it sounds like he was at least open to that.

What I did, is standard in this industry. I know of NO providers that operate this way. Please let me know if there are some. Please don't think I'm being an asshole or etc. I'm blunt and people take it that way. As can be seen.

@mikeyur said:
    I think it could've been handled better by MCHPhil as I don't believe the OP was truly attempting to commit fraud.. I just don't think he read the TOS and got upset. However the blame lies solely on OP here - read the fine print.

I try to make it so it's not a read the fine print situation. Most providers do not allow a refund on service other than your first month, first product. A refund is sort of a free trial. No strings attached. Because he knew what the service level was and etc he should have not needed another free trial for subsequent purchases.

My tos clearly states this. It's like 10-12 clauses, very small and to the point. If a provider does not have this sort of clause, I almost bet they will say it's an abuse of the refund policy. It is. But I don't care for those situation so I spell it out.

• mikeyur said: I think it could've been handled better by @MCHPhil as I don't believe the OP was truly attempting to commit fraud.. I just don't think he read the TOS and got upset. However the blame lies solely on OP here - read the fine print.

Am with the OP you carnt charge for a service and not deliver entirely. all phil had to do is issue a part refund. then no problem but he proceeded to steal/keep the op's money.

• said: I got the VPS and had nothing but problems getting the internet to work. I sent in several tickets and not one was responded to. I got fed up and sent a cancellation request to get a refund.

A server without a working network connection isn't very useful. The OP did not receive the service ordered.

The provider could have easily avoided all of this mess by simply helping the client.

edited June 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

Even though he is outside of my refund period and not eligible for any refund at all. I should just refund him because why?

I delivered entirely until he submitted two cancellation requests and NEVER opened a ticket about them. And then he chargeback, committed fraud, and I'm suppose to just roll over? Thank you, I hope you brought lube?

• MCHPhil said: Even though he is outside of my refund period and not eligible for any refund at all. I should just refund him because why?

Well it would have prevented all this.

• MCHPhil said: I hope you brought lube?

Just shows more stupidity from you Phil. you need to grow up as i said. hopefully potential customers will see how silly and unprofessional you are.

edited June 2014

Silly and unprofessional I am. How? I stand up to BS? I won't be bullied by some people on the interwebs?

You couldn't answer any question I had but resorted to name calling again :D Good job!

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Here's a genuine question, why is sales tax not applicable on your order form?

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

My only issue is the phrasing/words used in replying to ticket. I would expect a more professional tone even when a customer is problematic.

• petrispetris Member

@ricardo said:
    Here's a genuine question, why is sales tax not applicable on your order form?

It depends on the state you're based out of and what their laws and/or sales tax exemptions are.

• @MCHPhil said:
    What I did, is standard in this industry. I know of NO providers that operate this way.

I don't know about that. I would hope a reputable provider would reactivate your prepaid VPS shortly after you accidentally cancelled it. Things did not seem overly egregious early on.

• petrispetris Member

@Microlinux said:
    I don't know about that. I would hope a reputable provider would reactivate your prepaid VPS shortly after you accidentally cancelled it. Things did not seem overly egregious early on.

This doesn't look like a case of accidental cancellation.

edited June 2014

@ricardo said:
    Here's a genuine question, why is sales tax not applicable on your order form?

Law requires it after 1 mil in annual sales. Genuine answer :D

@jcaleb said:
    My only issue is the phrasing/words used in replying to ticket. I would expect a more professional tone even when a customer is problematic.

I could see that, I hoped to convey the same confused tone to him as I got from him. As you can likely tell I have really no idea what he is upset about.

I wonder though what time he submitted that chargeback today. I will have to check.

At 1:01 PM MST I received the email from paypal that he had charged back and escalated it to a claim, so I had very little recourse at that point. Paypal lets you dispute or refund. Refund is out of question, I disputed and won.

@Microlinux said:

We can go back and forth all day, I've actually read other TOS and AUP and most all state if you chargeback you risk losing all your services. Please show me a tos or aup that states otherwise.

Had it been an issue where I clicked terminate on his service wrongly or etc. I would have no problem taking care of the situation. Hell, I'd be clicking create so fast it'd probably DoS the master. A ticket would then follow. His cancellations were submitted by him and he selected immediate, he had roughly 24 hours from that point to ticket and say it was in error. He did not. When the cron ran at 7am, his VM's were terminated.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @OP

Since phil does not want to resolve this i suggest you contact the bank.

• perennateperennate Member, Provider
    edited June 2014

If you cancel immediately, then WHMCS will terminate the VM; if it turns out that the provider doesn't offer partial refunds for that case, then there's nothing the provider can do to restore your VM without going through backups (except, of course, not be a complete asshole in the ticket). So you should always open a ticket instead of submitting cancellation request; this is why most providers have the "immediate cancellation" option disabled entirely: if you don't want VM online anymore then you can shut it down, if you want partial refund you can open a ticket, confusion is avoided.

Edit: I always hate it when people don't take easy steps to avoid confusion; it's really not hard, for example @AnthonySmith or whoever sends a bunch of emails making it clear that you need to end Paypal subscriptions if you choose that option (although somehow people still forget... lol)

• You're really being a douche here Phil.

Thanked by 3Gunter netomx Peroni
    edited June 2014

Yea me the douche, for someone charging back. You know it. You are delirious!

This discussion has been closed.