Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UK] Quality Servers - September 2011 Xen Blowout! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UK] Quality Servers - September 2011 Xen Blowout!

Comments

• How much do you need?

• @Infinity What does the ioping look like?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2011

It's alright I guess.

root@bob:~# ioping /
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=1 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=2 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=3 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=4 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=5 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=6 time=16.6 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=7 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=8 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=9 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=10 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=11 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=12 time=0.2 ms
    ^C
    --- / (ext3 /dev/xvda1) ioping statistics ---
    12 requests completed in 11924.7 ms, 629 iops, 2.5 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/1.6/16.6/4.5 ms

A minute later I tested again:

root@bob:~# ioping /
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=1 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=2 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=3 time=0.4 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=4 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=5 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=6 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=7 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=8 time=1200.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=9 time=874.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=10 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=11 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=12 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=13 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=14 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=15 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=16 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=17 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=18 time=408.1 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=19 time=285.5 ms
    4096 bytes from / (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=20 time=0.2 ms
    ^C
    --- / (ext3 /dev/xvda1) ioping statistics ---
    20 requests completed in 22476.6 ms, 7 iops, 0.0 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/138.6/1200.2/321.6 ms

• LOL, freaking spikes ¬¬

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • GaryGary Member
    edited October 2011

Lucky you. :)

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 295.616 s, 3.6 MB/s

Doesn't bother me though, I'm only using my Xen one as an irc bouncer etc, it barely touches the drive. 3.6MB/sec is among the worst DD benchmarks I've seen though. Look like there's something wrong with the node, or someone's really hammering it.

Load while doing the DD went up to 1.32 as well, I guess due to the iowait.

My OpenVZ from them has acceptable drive performance.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 21.9676 s, 48.9 MB/s

• HostkillaHostkilla Member
    edited October 2011

The tot's just trying to get as many new clients as possible to inflate his sale price. Have fun with whichever dupe buys him out (WHT sales pitches here).

• jhjh Member

Absolutely incorrect. Clearly you haven't even bothered to read the thread.

• HostkillaHostkilla Member
    edited October 2011

Clearly you haven't even bothered to removed.

LowEndAdmin: Link removed.

• @Hostkilla

According to Companies house data, He is 20 not 19. Therefor that page is nonsense.

• Hostkilla said: Clearly you haven't even bothered to .

Haha, funny stuff. Still I know it's not hard to run a hosting company, they're doing their job better than most. Why would I care what they're doing in their personal life?

• @DanielM: Companies "House" has a capital H, "he" has a lowercase H and "Therefor" has an E at the end when used in that context. Following your logic that must mean everything you have typed since birth, and everything you will type until the day you die, is nonsense.

Where is the valid Companies House URL to support your unsubtantiated nonsense? Even if you are correct about Jimmy being 20, how do you know "that page" wasn't put up when he was 19? >=)~

@ztec: You may not care but others may, because this host is not a full-time host. People deserve to be informed and draw their own conclusions. I wouldn't want to wait 12 hours for my VPS to go back online because my host had to cram for a final. I wouldn't want my private files rooted because my host left his dorm room unlocked.

• @Hostkilla

My advice is Go and troll elsewhere. Clearly you are a complete looser with no life.

The data i have access to gives Director Info, Company accounts etc But i will not be sharing it here.

GTFO!

• Hostkilla said: You may not care but others may, because this host is not a full-time host. People deserve to be informed and draw their own conclusions. I wouldn't want to wait 12 hours for my VPS to go back online because my host had to cram for a final. I wouldn't want my private files rooted because my host left his dorm room unlocked.

I can't argue with you there, although I had some big respectable companies not fix my problems because of some weird local holiday I had never heard of. I had multiple VPS' with QualityServers and he never let me down.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Hostkilla said: Clearly you haven't even bothered to .

Whoever made that image has no life.

• What a sad little child to create something like that.

I have a couple of VPS' with Quality Servers and have been extremely happy with them and my service from them. James has been completely professional and helpful.

Thanked by 1trelawney
  • No wonder your name is Hostkilla... You aim to kill every host and make yours the best!

• @Hostkilla -- I think there is a difference between "people deserve to be informed and draw their own conclusions" and posting inflammatory comments with sole purpose of trolling.

I have removed your link to that image, as people here have already been informed that QualityServers Ltd is likely to be a single-person company.

• who cares if its single person, or even no person, as long as it works as it should

• What a sad little child to create something like that.

Haven't we seen that image before anyway? (If it's the same one that I'm thinking about.)

• Low End Admin said:

I think there is a difference between "people deserve to be informed and draw their own conclusions" and posting inflammatory comments

In other words it's alright for people to be informed and draw their own conclusions as long as the information provided to them doesn't jeopardize the well-being of those you have a personal friendship or business relationship with, in which case the information provided must be removed because it is "inflammatory".

If I am mistaken, what's wrong with inflammatory comments if they're the truth?

If it wasn't for inflammatory comments, the U.S. would be owned by the British.

If it wasn't for inflammatory comments, jews would still be gassed daily.

If it wasn't for inflammatory comments, black people would still be sitting at the back of the bus.

;with sole purpose of trolling.

I'm a "troll" like Martin Luther King Jr. was a "nígger". Like anyone who dared disagree with President Bush was an "extremist".

People who present information or opinions that others want suppressed have always had bogus labels slapped on them, you wouldn't be the first to try that.

Unfortunately information suppressors, like you, eventually always lose — the U.S. is its own country, black people sit anywhere they want on the bus, and the only time jews suffer from gas is when they eat too many baked beans.

I have removed your link to that image, as people here have already been informed that QualityServers Ltd is likely to be a single-person company.

When were people here informed of that? Golly, I mussed have missed it! Please post the URL showing where people here were informed. I'd enjoy seeing it, especially since "QualityServers Ltd" does not exist.  8=)~

Were people here also informed that the "single person" was actually not a full-time host but rather a full-time student?

Were people here also informed that car insurance companies charge more for "single persons" of this host's age because, statistically, people of this host's age have been found to be immature and irresponsible?

Were people here also informed that this "single person" chose a boozing young college girl, who on her Facebook page says that she enjoys "waking up and not knowing where I am", to be his Chief Financial Officer?

The "single person" you refer to says above, in this very thread, "I have 6+ years experience in server management". If people here were informed as you claim, how come nobody asked him what company hired a 12-year-old to manage their servers? How come you didn't view what HE wrote as "inflammatory"? How come you didn't remove the links to the site HE posted?

You removed my link solely because you're a censoring SOB who believes people should only have access to information you want them to have, and nothing more. You maliciously label those who present information you want hidden as "trolls", shooting the messenger because you dislike the message and then wiping all traces of the message away so others won't find it. You're no better than the dictators of China and North Korea.

You can slander me all you want by labeling me a troll, troublemaker, thief, sociopath, homosexual, terrorist, communist, extremist, rapist, whatever you like, I don't care — but I tell you this, I won't allow you to suppress my words and get away with it and you've got 48 hours to put that link right back where it was. If I don't see it back in the next 48 hours I'll register a domain and put up a Low End Site containing the image, and once Google finds it the exposure and humiliation Jimmy will endure is going to be a thousand times worse. The site will haunt him for years, especially after he graduates and prospective employers find it.

His fate is now in your hands and the clock is ticking. Don't say you weren't warned.

• Hostkilla said: If I don't see it back in the next 48 hours I'll register a domain and put up a Low End Site containing the image, and once Google finds it the exposure and humiliation Jimmy will endure is going to be a thousand times worse. The site will haunt him for years, especially after he graduates and prospective employers find it.

Yeah prospective employers are really going to be disgusted by the fact he ran a successful business at age 20. You're not hurting anyone with it besides yourself and your time spent on it.

As for your so called 'censorship' - it's a forum hosted by LEA, he is indeed the 'dictator' here.

There's really no way why you should respond with this post, big chance your adventures on this board are over. Besides why would anyone give in to a treat like this?

Have a great life, man.

• @hostkilla: man, uve got issues, r u jealous of jtodd or something? let it go...

• Hostkilla, please die in a fire.

So far I've had nothing but good service from QualityServers. If you haven't, why not concentrate on it, rather than making up images of who he is or isn't fucking? That isn't relevant in the slightest.

• The only day i dont pay attention to let and it all kicks off :(

@hostkilla: you brand james as someone who cannot run a business because
    1) he's a student
    2) 20 years old
    3)his girlfriend has a social life

seems to me your jealous as he can operate a full time business whilst studying and having a life. From what i hear he does not neglect his business and all his clients speek highly of him.

James my hat is off to you buddy. From one host to another if all he says is true i congratulate you and have the upmost respect that you can do all these things. I would rather have 1 james than 100 hostkilla's.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like I'm going to read all that....

• no matter the business, congratulate him on regularly scoring the redhead, yeaa high 5!

• Can someone ban this retard now?

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited October 2011

lol

• DeorDeor Member
    edited October 2011

Double lol ;)

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited October 2011

@Hostkilla all i can say is... lol.

October's troll of the Month awaits...