Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job offering - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Job offering

Comments

• dwilddwild Member
    edited May 2012

@Jeffrey said: Why would you register the LLC to your personal house address over your office?

I know nothing about LLC (or even about registration) but I suppose the office came after the registration?

EDIT:
    And good luck Chris!

• @Jeffrey said: u register the LLC to your personal house address over your office? Wouldn't it make more sense registering to the office like other companies?

Small companies tend to change offices a lot. It is more stable to send all mail to a PO box or a house address.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jeffrey said: @CVPS_Chris Why would you register the LLC to your personal house address over your office? Wouldn't it make more sense registering to the office like other companies? Never said I was a hater, was just wondering.

It was registered before we had an office. We had to start somewhere

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: Someone with little knowledge could start at say 25-30 and only go up the more skills you have.

Are you seriously able to find technical talent for $25K/year?

I assume you're looking for a junior SA-type person.

Still seems extremely low to me, but I've never looked in Buffalo, and I haven't looked for junior-level jobs in 20 years :-)

@raindog308 said: Are you seriously able to find technical talent for $25K/year?

Some tech are even lucky to make that. I dont know how old you are but job now a days start at that. Also like I said the more skills you have, the more you will make. At 25k that would basically be someone that has little to no knowledge at all but smart enough to learn.

• I'd have applied if there wasn't the movement requirement :(

• with 25k you won't be able to get a work visa approval. So local or usa citizen will have to make do.

Annual, I guess I forgot the k for thousand :-P

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris I've gotta agree with you here. There are lots of people in the industry that "want to work in hosting" but very few, even with experience of working for larger companies, who have the skills needed.

A low starting salary can easily be ramped up once the person has proven themselves within the first few months.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • flyfly Member
    edited May 2012

25k. lolwat.

• KairusKairus Member

Probably best off finding someone from UBuffalo. Personally, I went to SU, and I would not want to live in upstate NY again :D.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

From where I come, 25k yearly is considered really good payment, lol.

We got a few resumes, still looking for a few more :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jack
    Average job in Bulgaria earns areound 752 leva ~ 386 euro's
    386 x 12 ~ 4632 euro's per year. That is the average yearly earnings in here.
    (Got the numbers after googling, as I am not quite sure what they are now, this are from dec, 2011)

• @Jack Remember the UK government will stick there fingers in and take a large chunk of that.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@LiquidHost said: Average job in Bulgaria earns areound 752 leva ~ 386 euro's

386 x 12 ~ 4632 euro's per year. That is the average yearly earnings in here.

Yes, but you can't compare cost of living.

I'm guessing a typical apartment in Bulgaria doesn't cost $2000/month. That's what lower-end one bedrooms go for in San Francisco. Just googled for Buffalo - about $800/month for two bedroom.

A bus ticket is $3-4 here in Portland. In some parts of the world, it's a dime (equivalent). My wife and I went out to dinner a couple nights ago and it was $45 - I took a family of eight out for a four-course meal in rural Russia (with cognac, champaigne, the works) for less than $20.

A friend in Mississippi has a house she bought for $45,000. You can't buy a condemned shack for that in Portland, to say nothing of Los Angeles or the Bay Area. It's hard to find decent houses for less than $200-250K here. So it all depends on the local cost of living. For all I know, one could live better on 4632 euros a year in Bulgaria than on $25K in Buffalo.

Friends of mine who've moved from Eastern Europe, the Philippines, Viet Nam, etc. are generally amazed at the high salaries but also the high cost of living. In many parts of the country, 4632 euros would barely cover annual property taxes on a typical 3 bedroom ranch house :-)

• GaryGary Member

@Jack said: avg Job in the UK is like £6.08/hour x 40hours x 52weeks = £12,646.40/year

Nope, that's minimum wage. Way lower than average. Try doubling that to get the average for women, and adding a few grand for the men's average.

http://career-advice.monster.co.uk/salary-benefits/pay-salary-advice/uk-average-salary-graphs/article.aspx

• flyfly Member
    edited May 2012

Cost of living for me here in suburban NJ is around 1k a month.

Therefore, after taxes, at 25k I would barely have any money left over.

• I would also apply, but I am unable to move.

That sucks.

• @CVPS_Chris said: As far as snow, it only snowed 35 inches this year..... pretty much was only one week of snow the entire winter.

Just to say, that doesn't happen often. Going into Meteorology, that's rare.
    We had, 11.5 inches in SW Ohio? Number 3 of the top 5 lowest snows.

Just a lucky winter. In general for NE states, it flip flops when another season comes.

@Blackstorm72 said: Just to say, that doesn't happen often. Going into Meteorology, that's rare.

We had, 11.5 inches in SW Ohio? Number 3 of the top 5 lowest snows.

It may be lucky but its been the trend the past few years. Call my crazy but I personally think global warming is a big player especially since the jet stream was way off this year.

Anyway, back on topic :)

• NickMNickM Member

@CVPS_Chris, what are the actual job requirements / responsibilities? You call it a "tech", but you're a VPS company, so I would imagine that you're looking for something more along the lines of a Linux sysadmin. Am I correct in that assessment?

• TaylorTaylor Member

@liam said: A bus ticket is $3-4 here in Portland.

@liam said: but its double that maybe triple that in England.

@liam Lets the base the price of a bus ticket on your little town? Going by xe $4 is 2.55 the cash price in the capital is £2.30 with oyster payments just over half that, lets not make England sound to expensive.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

Uhm, Going to town costs about £3 by arriva, or you can get a bus pass.

@Taylor said: @liam Lets the base the price of a bus ticket on your little town? Going by xe $4 is 2.55 the cash price in the capital is £2.30 with oyster payments just over half that, lets not make England sound to expensive.

• PhilNDPhilND Member

Lol what, i live in the uk and buses are £1 to town £2 for day saver

• @PhilND said: Lol what, i live in the uk and buses are £1 to town £2 for day saver

Where I live, busses to the nearest down are around £2 (used to be 50p), and a day pass for the county is £5.60

• I've got a student's OV card, which makes the bus, train, tram and subway free from Monday until Friday.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

For me to get into the centre of Manchester, it would cost me a minimum of £3.60.
    It all depends on where you're living, it varies a lot in the UK.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Don't you guys get Oyster cards, I have an 11-15 photocard thingey where bus journeys are free, and for tube and train etc. I just top up my Oyster card like normal. I think there is also a 16-17 one too. I guess it's only for London and Greater London.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@Infinity said: Don't you guys get Oyster cards, I have an 11-15 photocard thingey where bus journeys are free, and for tube and train etc. I just top up my Oyster card like normal. I think there is also a 16-17 one too. I guess it's only for London and Greater London.

Don't live anywhere near London.

The nearest major supermarket to me is Tesco's, 40 minutes away.