Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minstall no longer working?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Minstall no longer working?

kaiguykaiguy Member

Just got myself a nice, shiny new ramnode VPS and wanted to run minstall on it. To my disappointment, the script appears to do nothing (bash minstall.sh clean-packages, for example, just returns to the prompt).

Has anyone else encountered this? Suggestions on another good, updated script?

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Since the update to support debian 7 I also noticed this.
    Might tag @Maxecloo (if I spell it correct).

• trexostrexos Member

@MikHo said:
    Since the update to support debian 7 I also noticed this.
    Might tag Maxecloo (if I spell it correct).

I wrote with him a few days ago, I think he won't update the project anymore.

• fazarfazar Member

Debian 7 (WIP). Work in progress... :(

Thanked by 1rsk
  • Just use a Debian 6 template. After you've setup the system via Minstall, upgrade to Debian 7.

There's plenty of guides around, but you'll need to double check that all apt sources use wheezy repos (dotdeb).

• kalamkalam Member

I've been using Tuxlite with Debian 7.

• @kalam said:
    I've been using Tuxlite with Debian 7.

+1 for tuxlite. I also use it on my vps. easy enough to install.

• Minstall works fine on Debian 7 in 32 bit on OpenVZ. As Debian 7 changed a bunch of things (multi arch support for example) it's a little temperamental on KVM and 64 bit. Usually I've found it works nicely but your mileage may vary. Personally I've moved over to Docker and CoreOS and do all my deployments through them now.

@maxexcloo said:
    Personally I've moved over to Docker and CoreOS and do all my deployments through them now.

Do I read this correct that we shouldn't expect that many updates on Minstall?

• MikHo said: Do I read this correct that we shouldn't expect that many updates on Minstall?

I'm always happy to take pull requests and will attempt to at least look at any issues raised. However, full on development has been slow for more than a year now and as such Minstall is basically in the bug fix only stage.

Good to know, thanks