Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Available: 512MB Xen VPS from ProviderService/Bradler & Krantz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Available: 512MB Xen VPS from ProviderService/Bradler & Krantz

amhoabamhoab Member

I have a 512MB Xen VPS that I really like and that I really don't want to let go, but to be honest with myself, I don't necessarily need it anymore due to some consolidation I've been doing.

This VPS has been great to me, with only one network hiccup in the almost two years I've had it. It's only been rebooted for patching purposes. Support is super-responsive, and performance has always been super-consistent and reliable. In case you've never heard of this company, it's certainly a premium-quality service provider.

$ uptime
 14:18:27 up 311 days,  9:58,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.15, 0.21

$ wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
--2014-05-31 13:58:45--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175
Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[===============================================================================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 60.6M/s   in 1.7s

2014-05-31 13:58:47 (60.6 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

$ dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.3378 s, 169 MB/s

The VPS is paid for until August 31st. It is paid for in 6-month increments, at €1.60/month. It is located in Germany (can't recall which city, but I can check for you).

If only one person is interested, it's yours for free. After that, it's a bidding game, starting at $1, in $1 increments.

I'll end this on Wednesday @ midnight EST.

Comments

• trexostrexos Member

1$ :)

• Heck I'd rather bid $1 rather than @luis123456 getting this!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@lelewku said:
    luis123456

Please stop tagging/ mentioning him. Truth be told, I'd rather he wasn't here.

Thanked by 2lelewku Steve
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

In case anyone misses this auction(?), you can buy the same VPS service "new" at https://www.ultravps.eu/ (same provider/hardware/location, same price, different brand, more disk space).

said: at €1.60/month

Also it's only 1.60/month for you because you had VAT deducted. If the new owner is not VAT-exempt and decides to prolong it, they will have to pay 2 EUR/mo.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: It is located in Germany (can't recall which city, but I can check for you).

Providerservice runs out of Dusseldorf, Germany. Unless these are hosted elsewhere, but I highly doubt they will host them out of their datacenter.

They have been really solid for us too, however, we only use their dedis not vps.

/Vouch! :D

• amhoabamhoab Member

rm_ said: Also it's only 1.60/month for you because you had VAT deducted. If the new owner is not VAT-exempt and decides to prolong it, they will have to pay 2 EUR/mo.

That's a good point I forgot to mention. I'm in the US, and don't pay VAT.

I wasn't aware of UltraVPS, so if all is equal and the service quality is the same, UltraVPS sounds like a pretty good route to go. The ProviderService site shows my package (albeit at a 3-month term) for €3.90 at https://www.providerservice.com/products/virtual-servers/ . I'm not sure what the difference is.

• amhoabamhoab Member

Reminder -- this is ending tomorrow at midnight. @trexos is the current winner at $1.

• GunterGunter Member

$2

• amhoabamhoab Member

Thanks, @darknyan, it's all yours at the moment if no one else tries to claim it in the next 18 minutes. Good luck!

• GunterGunter Member

Thanks, @darknyan, it's all yours at the moment if no one else tries to claim it in the next 18 minutes. Good luck!

Perfect. Which client area will I need to open an account in?

• amhoabamhoab Member

@darknyan said:
    Perfect. Which client area will I need to open an account in?

When I contacted them about the transfer, they told me to send them the new owner's:

First Name *
    Last Name *
    Company Name
    VAT ID
    Phone Number *
    Fax
    E-Mail *
    Street Name + Number *
    Postal Code + City *
    Country *

I think they'll handle it from there. If you're not comfortable giving me that info, you could probably email them directly and reference my ticket number (pd #651920).

• I too have a VPS with them same configuration and location since last 2 years. As you told it is really great didn't had any issue with it till now.

• GunterGunter Member

I too have a VPS with them same configuration and location since last 2 years. As you told it is really great didn't had any issue with it till now.

What issue do you have? Granted, I can't back out of my bid now but I'm curious now.

• amhoabamhoab Member

darknyan said: What issue do you have? Granted, I can't back out of my bid now but I'm curious now.

@praveen was saying "it is really great didn't had any issue with it till now," as in he hasn't had any issues with it thus far :) . Thanks, @praveen! I've had a great experience as well. I'm going to miss this little guy.

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited June 2014

@darknyan I was saying it is a great product. I didn't had any issue or problem with it. @amhoab yes you will.