Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google sets up 'right to be forgotten' form
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google sets up 'right to be forgotten' form

PremiumNPremiumN Member
edited May 2014 in General

Google has launched a service to allow Europeans to ask for personal data to be removed from online search results.

According to: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27631001

You can remove any search result by going to https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_eudpa?product=websearch

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

So how do they check that it's me who asks the info about me to be removed? Or can i request any info to be removed?

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited May 2014

@rds100 said:
    So how do they check that it's me who asks the info about me to be removed? Or can i request any info to be removed?

Please attach a clear, readable copy of your valid driver's license, national ID card, or other photo ID (or, if you are acting as the authorized agent of another person, that person's photo ID and authorization).

Interesting is that the included Liechtenstein and Switzerland, even though the ruling should not apply to them.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • retryretry Member

The removed results will be available under different non european ctld though, right?

• I don't think this initiative is necessarily wrong, even levelled at Google, but to go after the search portion which is just an indexer feels wrong to me. I think you should have the right to delete your data from Google + or Facebook or G-Mail or even LowEndTalk to a degree (personal information or whatever, not public posts ofc) whatever... I don't know about indexers, though. Seems like a slippery slope. Hard to define the line, too.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Already used it, content was removed after some hours - Seems to work well.