Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting..

SherlockSherlock Member
edited May 2014 in Providers

I have some VPS with @LowEND almost on every of their nodes. And all of them are down!! Each and everyone of them! As a consequence my site is down, and I am having great loss. And the worst part is, their support does not give a damn about it. I reported it 10 hours ago, and what reply i get after 10 hours is "Unfortunately the issue still persists with the Node." as if I didn't know that and like they are waiting for it to get okay on it's own. Other providers would have moved mountains! They did not even provide me any substitute server. It's such a horrible nightmare! Ain't there anyone else using their VPS?

Comments

• @GoodHosting isn't having a good time with @LowEND either.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    GoodHosting isn't having a good time with LowEND either.

But how is @GoodHosting related to @LowEND.. They have a separate business right?

• anant said: But how is @GoodHosting related to @LowEND.. They have a separate business right?

Correct, well, probably anyway... here's the thread btw. Mainly answering this:

said: It's such a horrible nightmare! Ain't there anyone else using their VPS?

Anyway maybe if you drop them a PM they can give you more info.

• @AThomasHowe said:

That thread has some good info.. thanks for it..

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited May 2014

my VPS in LowEnd down 5 times in recent 2 days. each has about 30mins to 2 hours down time but this time, yes over 10 hours. solusvm is also down.

• beachcitiespcbeachcitiespc Member
    edited May 2014

My 2 servers are also down, one of them was a backup secondarymx for the primary in two different datacenters. I got hammered with all my customers today so I moved them off to a new vps, not sure I will be going back with them. 4 tickets, basically we know of the situation and working on it. Nothing else.

• @beachcitiespc said:
    My 2 servers are also down, one of them was a backup secondarymx for the primary in two different datacenters. I got hammered with all my customers today so I moved them off to a new vps, not sure I will be going back with them. 4 tickets, basically we know of the situation and working on it. Nothing else.

Same here, i don't think they are doing anything at all... they haven't comeup with anything in 10 hours.. thats bu*lshit... i am more worried about data loss..

@yywudi said:
    my VPS in LowEnd down 5 times in recent 2 days. each has about 30mins to 2 hours down time but this time, yes over 10 hours. solusvm is also down.

So whats your opinion on this? are you gonna continue with them?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

This and the other thread smell like deadpool. There is one issue with a node and there is another with everything. The support seems to try to cover it up. Not good at all.

Thanked by 2mpkossen netomx
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

Calm down everyone, it's being worked on. Stop making tickets, you're only making things more worse & clogging the system.

Rest assured Michael is working on the issues at hand.

Patience is key.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

said: "Unfortunately the issue still persists with the Node." as if I didn't know that and like they are waiting for it to get okay on it's own.

Please understand, XXX other tickets have said the same thing.

said: Other providers would have moved mountains!

Right.

said: hey did not even provide me any substitute server.

It's a technical issue that's affecting most services.

said: It's such a horrible nightmare!

Patience is key, I understand you're frustrated, and anyone in your position would be, but give it time. Near 100% uptime for LowEND in last several months is a green sign, this is a technical outage afaik, it's being worked on.

beachcitiespc said: 4 tickets,

4 tickets, just be patient.

Maounique said: smell like deadpool.

They are not deadpooling, stop making rubbish assumptions because of a severe technical issue that's affected a number of nodes and services on LowEND.

beachcitiespc said: not sure I will be going back with them.

Rest assured services will be restored, no ETA at this point in time. Please be patient and refrain from making more tickets, this is a node-wide issue and should be fixed shortly.

anant said: they haven't comeup with anything in 10 hours.. thats bu*lshit... i am more worried about data loss..

Your data is safe. Severe technical glitches & issues take time to fix and sadly this is one.

• yywudiyywudi Member

@anant said:
    So whats your opinion on this? are you gonna continue with them?

maybe, why not? during the past months, the server is stable and performance is good.
    down time only happened in recent days. i think maybe they meet some issue, and hope they could fix and get back to normal.

• yywudiyywudi Member

@viCommunications said:
    Your data is safe. Severe technical glitches & issues take time to fix and sadly this is one.

seems you're one staff of the lowend?
    if it's only a technical issue, why not just spent minutes to send a short mail about current condition to affected customers rather than received tons of tickets asking the same issue?

• @viCommunications said:
    Calm down everyone, it's being worked on. Stop making tickets, you're only making things more worse & clogging the system.

Rest assured Michael is working on the issues at hand.

Patience is key.

Making things worse? My site is down from 10 hours, i have lost $XXX and all my data is stored on the dead servers. Now you want me to calm down?!

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited May 2014

anant said: Making things worse? My site is down from 10 hours, i have lost $XXX and all my data is stored on the dead servers. Now you want me to calm down?!

dont you have backup somewhere else? if you have budget with 3 numbers, it's not hard to setup 2 web servers w/ 2 providers and a third one for load balancing

• BoxodeBoxode Member

yywudi said: seems you're one staff of the lowend?

Nope.

I'm just a friend of Michael and attempting to defuse the situation before it explodes.

anant said: . Now you want me to calm down?!

The issue affecting services will be fixed, just needs time. Nothing more I can say at this point in time. Everyone has lost revenue from the downtime, but rest assured your data is safe.

• @viCommunications GoodHostings hardware has been out since the weekend.

• Every hour i am losing a $100, atleast they could provide substitute servers, but no.. they didn't. Because they don't give a damn about the problems of their customers

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited May 2014

@anant said:

if you earn $100 per hour, why not have even some backup? Linode is $20/m, you can buy 5 Linode vpses to do the fail-over with the 1 hour income.

Thanked by 1earl
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

LEB!==Substitute for people who cannot afford Linode. There are many things that differentiate the 2 markets but, yeah, with a triple digit income an hour, he could have had not only some advanced failover, but also a technician to do it and watch it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @yywudi said:
    if you earn $100 per hour, why not have even some backup? Linode is $20/m, you can buy 5 Linode vpses to do the fail-over with the 1 hour income.

100$ per hour is my earnings, roughly. Now include the cost of 40 servers i need + user payments. The final profit is very less. And with the downtime, there is no profit, i will have to pay the users from my own pocket. Yes i have backups, 48 hrs old. They are good for nothing.

• anant said: Yes i have backups, 48 hrs old. They are good for nothing.

Then I hope this is a learning experience, automate your backups on a more regular interval. 48 hours might be okay for files but databases at least need more recent backups.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@anant said:
    Yes i have backups, 48 hrs old. They are good for nothing.

This is hilarious.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    Then I hope this is a learning experience, automate your backups on a more regular interval. 48 hours might be okay for files but databases at least need more recent backups.

Yeah will do so.

@Nekki said:
    This is hilarious.

Well, thousands of users earn a considerable amount in 24 hours. That's why it's good for nothing.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

anant said: 100$ per hour is my earnings, roughly. Now include the cost of 40 servers i need + user payments. The final profit is very less. And with the downtime, there is no profit, i will have to pay the users from my own pocket. Yes i have backups, 48 hrs old. They are good for nothing.

Why not have your main node on a cloud platform, simply with HAProxy and made sure the host has 99.98%+ uptime in the last 12 months, then run your smaller nodes across 7-8 dedicated servers as load balancers in different datacentres, with different hosts?

This way, if any one of your load balancer nodes go down, another takes over and as for the primary node (on a cloud platform with 99.98%+ uptime) there's a small chance it will go down and there are ways to have multiple front-ends so there is no single point of failure.

Such infrastructure can be implemented for less than $800/month (8 hours of income in your case) and would prove to be very reliable.

• viCommunications said: Your data is safe. Severe technical glitches & issues take time to fix and sadly this is one.

So, what is this technical glitch that takes hours to fix?

Thanked by 1Scion
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@anant said:
    Well, thousands of users earn a considerable amount in 24 hours. That's why it's good for nothing.

So why only back up every 48 hours?

• @mpkossen said:
    So, what is this technical glitch that takes hours to fix?

Yeah, thats the point I am trying to make @viCommunications No one at lowend.co is ready to tell what actually the fault is

@Nekki said:
    So why only back up every 48 hours?

I backup every 24 hours, it's just a lot of data to store, and my budget is somewhat low thats why i am working with lowend providers...

• namhuynamhuy Member

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21244/4-cheap-kvm-vps-needed#latest your budget is way too low x_x compare what you are earning per hour

• @namhuy said:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21244/4-cheap-kvm-vps-needed#latest your budget is way too low x_x compare what you are earning per hour

That is for some other purpose, i am talking about an openvz server here...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2014

same old, I have no backup plan and expect a host to be able to cover me for any possible situation on a self managed service.

Nothing is perfect, deal with it, I am sure the host is doing what they can and having to deal with these threads and tickets helps no one.

This discussion has been closed.