Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Libellous comments in regards to HTTPZoom
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Libellous comments in regards to HTTPZoom

CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
edited May 2014 in General

Hey Guys,

Just come on here after having a rough few weeks at HTTPzoom due to a bad decision we made in regards to the control panel.

Having seen the thread "Thanks UK attacker! We are withdrawing from the UK" where we have been accused of DDOS'ing other hosts nothing could be further from the truth.

@viCommunications @lelewku @AThomasHowe

We've been DDOS attacked in the past and working with Rapidswitch we had two of the nodes null rooted when this happened around 2 years ago.

So far we've not been attacked yet, but nor have we been advertising a lot recently and our user base is relatively small compared to the majority of the UK LowEnd that advertise here.

@Makenai @rmlhhd @mpkossen thanks for pointing out the silliness in the accusations.

If we were going to spend money on advertising it would not be attacking other hosts.

Comments

• Yea, I saw. That really sucks. D:

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

Seems like lots of people got accused. Big deal, it's LET, what do you expect. Why do we need another thread about it?

Thanked by 2netomx Noerman
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@perennate the problem is we did not see thread when it was brought up.

Should anyone search these forums for HTTP Zoom looking for a review they'd see completely incorrect and extremely silly theories.

httpzoom said: Should anyone search these forums for HTTP Zoom looking for a review they'd see completely incorrect and extremely silly theories.

And they'd see the people you mentioned who already pointed "out the silliness in the accusations" and they probably wouldn't see this thread. So..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

httpzoom said: the problem is we did not see thread when it was brought up

Actually, the problem is that threads are closed. In my experience, mods here seem very eager to close threads. Of course, it's they're (well, CC's) forum and they can run it however they like but the mods seem to want to show they're mods.

Not saying that threads should go on forever, but you run into situations like this - a couple days go by and someone has to start a new thread (which likely won't be found if someone lands on the original thread directly from google).

Also, it's irritating to visit the forum and find "Closed per OP request" - almost as if every thread-starter was owner-operator of his own mini discussion forum with final veto power.

Not a big deal...just my opinion...party on.

@perennate if they do a search for HTTPZoom on the forums they will see this thread.

@Raindog308 agreed it was confusing that it was closed quickly, however I believe this thread is worth it even if its closed just as quickly! :)

• raindog308 said: Actually, the problem is that threads are closed. In my experience, mods here seem very eager to close threads. Of course, it's they're (well, CC's) forum and they can run it however they like but the mods seem to want to show they're mods.

We have a history of honoring thread closures requests when made by the author of the original post as long as we don't have any objections. I'm sorry you feel it had something to do with showing off.

I have no intentions to close this thread. I definitely thing the UK attacks needs a thread on its own, but Oktay's one didn't seem like a good start for that. If there's enough demand, though, I will re-open it. Otherwise, someone may start a new one for a balanced discussion (not public mud-flinging).

mpkossen said: mud-flinging

But I like mud-flinging :(

Thanked by 2netomx Droidzone
  • Nothing I said was libellous nor did I say you were behind it, mate.

AThomasHowe said: Nothing I said was libellous nor did I say you were behind it, mate.

If this were Chicago VPS there'd be so much hate right now :P

• It's also worth noting the accusations weren't the only bad things said against HTTP Zoom. I'm not a customer though, can't speak for them.

Customers and Ex-customers are 100% allowed to have bad and good opinions about us. When it comes to us being presented as the source of UK DDOS attacks something has to be said.

Thanked by 2Maounique mpkossen

httpzoom said: Customers and Ex-customers are 100% allowed to have bad and good opinions about us. When it comes to us being presented as the source of UK DDOS attacks something has to be said.

Fair. Although you didn't have to point fingers :)

• httpzoom said: Customers and Ex-customers are 100% allowed to have bad and good opinions about us. When it comes to us being presented as the source of UK DDOS attacks something has to be said.

I act similarly when it's implied I may be guilty of libel.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

There's a very simple way to deal with these accusations. Simply post and offer, and we can all monitor your site to see if it gets DDoSed.

If it doesn't, you're clearly a witch, and we'll burn you. If it does, you clearly DDoSed yourself to throw everyone off the scent, and we'll burn you like a witch.

This is LET. We don't like witches.

• @httpzoom said:
    perennate the problem is we did not see thread when it was brought up.

Should anyone search these forums for HTTP Zoom looking for a review they'd see completely incorrect and extremely silly theories.

you were highlighted multiple times, yet still remained quiet. now that you have your damage control machine in order, you respond. clever girl.

darkshire said: you were highlighted multiple times, yet still remained quiet. now that you have your damage control machine in order, you respond. clever girl.

Because everyone should be expected to respond within five seconds of being @-mentioned.

@Nekki great idea! It worked in 15th Century why no now :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@httpzoom said:
    Nekki great idea! It worked in 15th Century why no now :D

Well, you don't see witches around anymore, do you?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited May 2014

@httpzoom coupon code "IAMNOTAWITCH" or "NOTDDOSER" ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MorningIris said:
    httpzoom coupon code "IAMNOTAWITCH" or "NOTDDOSER" ?

Ha, top trolling.

• rds100rds100 Member

Nekki said: witches

Three Swedish switched witches watch three Swiss Swatch watch switches. Which Swedish switched witch watch which Swiss Swatch watch switch?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said:

:o

• Just got an email about the move back to SolusVM, yay for that! Had a few issues over the past month or so, but HTTPZoom is still a decent provider, however no longer my favorite.

• WilliamWilliam Member

said: Having seen the thread "Thanks UK attacker! We are withdrawing from the UK" where we have been accused of DDOS'ing other hosts nothing could be further from the truth.

Legally you can't do anything against this though, welcome to US free speech - It even protects clearly wrong stuff.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2014

@William said:

welcome to US free speech - It even protects clearly wrong stuff.

Free speech does not exist. It's just BS that your regime tells you exists or something they support, like when they say they support democracy, human rights and the rule of law, but they are just BSing you.

For example - democracy - the Egyptian chose Morsi, Palestinains chose HAMAS, Iranians chose Mossadeq, Venezuelans chose Chavez, ALL of a sudden USA didn't like democracy and tried to overthrow them.

Human rights - USA starved 500,000 children to death in Iraq using sanctions, currently hundreds of people are being held without charge or trial in Guantanamo concentration camp, where are their human rights?

Rule of Law - USA supports terrorists and mercenaries in Syria, supported Fascists in Ukraine that overthrew a democratically elected govt, where is the respect for international law?

Freedom of speech is also similar. For example, USA complains about press freedom in Iran, but USA has banned PressTV (Iranian news channel) from broadcasting in USA and pressured other countries to ban it too like in UK/EU.

More democracy = more hypocrisy.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Just got an email about the move back to SolusVM, yay for that! Had a few issues over the past month or so, but HTTPZoom is still a decent provider, however no longer my favorite.

Were they using their own custom panel or were they using someone elses panel?

• Unfortunately I couldn't follow the whole story but what is the fuzz n buzz all about? Some LET company accused a tiny provider without proofs because they didn't get attacked by some people? Trying to pull that tiny provider into dirt and harm it's reputation?

This place is always good for drama!

Let us be fair. I guess everyone of you knows how easy DDoS/DoS can be done nowadays. Kids can buy bot networks for a few dollars a month instead of spending them for candy or whatever. The hardest part is to protect yourself from their attacks. It costs resources (i.e bandwidth), money and nerves for the victim. Everyone can do it for whatever reason you can imagine. Butthurt kids, shady business companies, competitors, total strangers, paid hackers (you never know but maybe someone big is paying people to get you out of their game my friends).

Stop being pussies. You either prove yourself and stay in that market with some beefy protection or you leave it. I'd choose the last one though. Why would I invest a sh-tload of money to fight against these never stoping attacks. And probably get crazy or something... Shit happens. Life is hard. We're all f--ked up and so is the whole world.

Once the broken sleep those who can will enjoy it (I'm sure you know what I mean). They reached their goal of losing more and more of their humanity by being animals which we are all in the end. We will always hurt each other and there will be always war.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited May 2014
  • @asterisk14 YES! Someone else that knows!!! One of these days we're going to enter a stage where we won't have a say. New World Order :o